Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 56

Author Topic: Godhood I Play Thread  (Read 75866 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood
« Reply #300 on: May 10, 2010, 02:51:37 pm »

Carnis sat upon his throne, speaking with the Angel Or'Oner, his one worshipper so far. The angel wore a breastplate of shining steel, worked to look like cogs interlinked in a machine. The shapes and dimensions were impossible, not existing in any of the three dimensions. They were discussing the video on a television that sat beside him, crackling with static.
   "So it would appear the gods are converging upon Dragnars palace. This would seem to be the point of most bloodshed, wether Dragnar approves or not. Regardless, I am going. Would you wish to be in my company?" Growled Carnis.
   "Of course, Sire. And may I add you look absolutely dashing today?"
   "Shut up."
   "Yes, Sire."

And so Carnis found himself hurtling through the void, dragging one quite disgruntled angel along for the ride.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 10, 2010, 04:43:49 pm »

"As for I, I shall work on making a weapon to fight this... enemy. A weapon not so easily corrupted, and yet light and more powerful then weapons you may create". Aarrook disliked having to break his own goal of paradise. However, he knew it was nesscessary to defeat a threat to the universe. So, on the table of the council-room, he began his creation. He manipulated the very essence which souls are made of to make a special stucture. You see, unlike normal souls, which was weaved similar to cloth, he made this more structured, in a more difficult shape to make. This shape was more of a crystal lattice; this gave a definite shape to the form, unlike a soul, which melded easily. It was sturdy, indefinitely sharp, never dulling, and most importantly, uncorruptable. Why this, of course, is because the corruption has to alter the very shape, which is to sturdy to alter. It was, however, just a sword... but how would one strengten it to acceptable levels?

"The sword's structure is complete. The Soulsword needs a bit more though. It is still too weak to fight gods. I got a plan for something though, so do not worry."

Aarrook creates the Soulblade, a uncorruptable, always sharp sword made out of the same essence souls are. Currently, it is no more ordinary as a mortal's sword.
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #302 on: May 10, 2010, 06:37:13 pm »

Aerie looks around the darkened room.

"Ast... Asta... uh Astra'ath?" she says hesitantly, the alien name hard to shape with her lips. "Are you there?"

Yes child

We are always here

We love Our Brood

We do not use them cruelly

Like the Child-Gods

"But you hurt me! You choked me, and caused me pain, and made me do awful things!" she cries, then takes a shuddering breath.

We gave you

Strength / Power / Grace / Wisdom

Pain is only a sensation

You wish pleasure?

Aerie is stricken with pleasure so intense she falls to her knees, gasping, her eyes wide and shining. "Oh...."

Child / Mortal / Little Bug

We do not harm you

Pain is temporary

Flesh is transitory

The pleasure slowly fades away, leaving Aerie leaning weakly against the wall hugging her arms. She hated herself for thinking it, but she already missed that sensation. "But you forced me to fight..."

You entered this place

Of your own accord

You would not have lived

Without our help

Did we not save your life?

"I guess so," she replies uncertainly. She knows she should fight this... she has been offered freedom. But to kill herself? And with this terrible blade... she feared death even more than service to one such as Astra'ath.

"If I... um... if I serve you? What do I have to do?"

Anything / Everything

We require of you

Our Brood is loved

But Our Brood serves

She looks down, biting her lip. She couldn't do it, in the end. She couldn't kill herself. It went against everything she knew.

Even if it meant serving this being, she feared death and did not trust the god who told her she would be free.

"I will serve."

Welcome, Broodling

A token of Our love

Then continue on your task

Aerie cries out again as pleasure suffuses her body. She falls to the ground, writhing on the floor for several minutes. When it fades this time, warmth remains... the love of her God. It comforts her, soothing ragged edges of her bruised psyche, and urges her to continue.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 10, 2010, 08:55:05 pm »

Carnis smashed bodily into the sandstone wall of Dragnars library, sending a spiderweb of cracks out from his impact point and leaving a small indentation the rough size and shape of his face. Or'Oner had greater luck, and whizzed past the side of the building, giving him time to slow down before he whizzed off into the void.
  "Whoops." Said Carnis, giggleing slightly. The Angels made him so... Happy. They were just fun to be around. Not that the demons weren't good drinking buddies.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 10, 2010, 11:53:51 pm »

Finally, after much deliberation, the Shade spoke. Its voice was husky and baritone, and sounded like the wind howling in the night, but much softer. Its speech was heavily accented with some strange feeling that Poena could not place. It faced her, the Shade's face a shapeless mass of shadow. "My Master is not like you, Mistress. It finds the things you offered as strange. It has spend eons upon eons storing knowledge and delving into the arts of manipulating the aether itself. I have felt its aura, and it is confused. It is thinking, wondering, tentatively testing these new waters. Please, understand my master's intentions." The Shade bows once more, and takes its place at Poena's side. It begins to croon a soft song to itself, possibly directed at her brother.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 11:58:36 pm by Acanthus117 »
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 11, 2010, 07:02:36 am »

Poena remained quiet, looking at the shade. Slowly she walked to the table in the middle of the room, positioning her brother safely in the middle. She walked back to the artifacts she had been granted, putting on the pendant. Her hand she raised to gesture to the armor and the cloak. Next she directed her gestures at the firstborn, turning her gaze to the table. She didn't like their presence, but it was necessary nonetheless- She should make use of them as best as she could.
"You. Help me put this on."
She turned to the shade, not even granting the firstborn any more attention. "You'll watch my brother, and you will do it well, or- or I will kill you."
She liked the being- Her thoughts, her feelings. They too were alien to herself. But however much she liked it, she would have to treat it harshly. Wasn't that the way the Gods got things done? It was.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 11, 2010, 05:27:27 pm »

Natus looked over at his siblings, having heard Dragnar's offer, "I will go to the library and report my findings... Alert me if my assistance is needed."

With a quick flick of his tail, he was then gone from the refuge and a moment later he had arrived in the grand library. He could tell instantly that there would be a lot of work involved in even coming close to finding what he was searching for. The rows of books seemed unending. But he would need to start somewhere. Quietly, he padded down the rows of tomes and books. Looking for any sign of literature on Xarn or even summoning gods. It did not help that Natus was curious by nature. Every few steps he would have to stop and pause at a book that interested him. "If only I had more time... I will have to return to Natus soon and keep it safe."

Now would be as good a time as any for a sign.

ACT 1: Find information on contacting Xarn.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 11, 2010, 05:39:49 pm »

Carnis creates demons On the volcanic side of the Coin. Please, bold your acts, I almost missed them- again.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Carnis creates angels on the lush side of the Coin.

Alex attacks Astra'ath. Both go relatively unharmed.

Frandor causes Chara's shell to resonate in step with the demigod sun, thus allowing Chara to use the shell to see, hear, etc.

Coradin wards the Protector of the Refuge, granting him resistance to Astra'ath's corruption and other powers.
Coradin wards the Refuge against psychic attacks and gods teleporting in. It isn't entirely foolproof, and, although they'll lose influence inside, sufficiently strong hostile Gods might force their way through.

Luna creates a night crystal pendant and gives it to Poena.

Bhulotha, an Aether dragon, defects to Astra'ath.
Astra'ath tasks Bhulotha with spreading his religion.

I take pieces from the core of the Black Sun and set them in an unexplored corner of space to be a new solar system. I'm sorry, but.. What solar system? How should I interpret this? I cancel your act (and store it for you), so that you might try again. I can't interact with something like this. Oh, and please.. bold your summarized acts! -- Thank you.

Aerie cuts Astra'aths symbol into her arm.
Aerie's blade has been corrupted by her act.
Aerie's blade is now known as 'Thuthacar'.

Gheronaton enchants Poena's armor and weaponry. Two acts (Should have to take three just for having me summarize all that. ;))
Gheronaton sends the aforementioned armor to Poena. No acts
Gheronaton sends Poena two of his chosen, and three of his firstborn. No acts

Anacraeon saves his acts

Galt bestows the robe from his avatar upon Poena. When worn, it fixes the wearer’s soul(s). The wearer will not die (can still be injured, pass out, be incapacitated, etc if previously applicable), nor will they be as vulnerable to possession or corruption of their soul(s).
Galt also undoes Astra'aths asteroid armor and has it explode producing various blue-themed light-show effects throughout the galaxy, plainly marking Astra'aths presence and location for all Gods and Demigods to see. Some of the crystal armor also slices into Astra'aths form.

The Chained God declines in taking Poena's brother in. - No acts
The Chained God creates a shade, and assigns it to Poena.
The Chained God erects permanent wards around Poena and her brother.
The Chained God changes BLACKLIGHT's standard form to a featureless humanoid made of black chitin, akin to its armor form.
The Chained God takes the shards from Galt's attempted attack on Astra'ath, and turns it into a huge black stone tower.

Dragnar gives Aerie control of her body for a few minutes

Bhulotha embarks on a 'quest' to Incendium, planning to convert Ferals to Astra'aths religion.

Luna destroys the shards raining down on the planets by causing them to be absorbed into the void. -- The Chained God already dealt with the shards by using them to construct a 'huge black stone tower'. You retain your act.

Dragnar and Astra'ath forge a pact: They will share knowledge, and remain neutral towards each other.

Aarrook creates the Soulblade, an always sharp sword, highly resistant to corruption, made out of the same essence souls are.

Aerie refuses to kill herself, her allegiance remaining to Astra'ath.

Natus attempts to find information on contacting Xarn.

Xarn slept. His dreams were restless, his form shifting constantly. He was slowly becoming- like the minor Gods themselves. He dreamed of Astra'ath, a God that was both strangely familiar and alien to him at the same time. Like always, he could not relate himself to this God, but the fear of the minor Gods inspired in him too a fear for the being. A fear that fed into it, strengthening the creature..

A world of opposites, the coin of good and evil: There were many different being, but they all resembled one side. Bloodthirsty savages called demons, regularly invading the other half of the planet, attacking their siblings, the angels. A fight that did not end, but that never progressed.
Natus, with its now slowly growing human population, lost part of its forests. With Akkataromondamia's help, they learned to cut trees, using axes crafted from rocks. They created huts to live in, and their expansion slowly began. Along with their growth, they started looking up, carving wooden figurines of Coradin's palace, the stars, and the life on Natus.
Ferraria, Gheronatons planet of smiths, had a quickly growing population. From its single forge and smelter, new Ironborn were cast, new buildings erected, and new weapons forged. Those were stored on the planet, waiting for their God to find a use for them.. Gheronatons blades had been forged, and eagerly the leading Firstborn waited to show their God what they had made.

Bhulotha, a creature of twisted beauty, greeted with hostility on the planet that haunted its memories. The ferals that inhibited it fought it, doing their best to kill the magnificent creature.
It was wounded severely, but it was not yet killed. Its purpose was to spread the religion of its master, and it succeeded. Right before being dragged off by a group of the inhabitants of the fiery planet, it sang its many forbidden songs- The ferals succumbed. They would form a cult, to secretly honor their new God, carving his sign into their flesh... The dragon would be their prophet, however damaged it was...

Aerie, yet another follower of the strange God; reaching Dragnars library after facing challenges and fights most mortals would not get past. With her, she brought her master into the library..

More fear- More faith- Astra'ath fed upon the universe like a succubus, generating itself powers beyond that of normal Gods..

Poena turned around, looking at the armor she was wearing. It felt heavy, burdensome. How was she ever to fight wearing such bulk- She could barely keep to her feet! Yet she had to, for her brother. The two cloaks she had been granted she left folded on the table, not yet ready to choose one. Taking off her helmet, adding it to the pile, she talked to one of Gheronatons Chosen. "When and how will we begin this training..? I- I think I am ready..."

Xarn's dreams carried him to one of the Gods. He did not know what the God was doing, but he was surrounded by books. The vision was soon replaced by void-filled dreams again.

Natus' senses were suddenly overwhelmed, he knew exactly where to go, and what book to take. The title: Origins

Due to the fear of the minor Gods, Xarn feels slight fear for Astra'ath as well.
The demons and angels on the Coin of Good and Evil fight each other, as intended by Carnis.
The humans on Natus started cutting down trees, carving artworks and building wooden huts.

The amount of Ironborn on Ferraria is growing quickly, along with their assorted metalworks.
Gheronatons blades have been finished

Bhulotha has been heavily wounded.
Bhulotha spread Astra'aths religion to a small group of ferals on Incendium. They are forming a cult.

Aerie reached Dragnar's library.

Astra'ath gets three acts this turn due to following and Godly fear (mostly the fear, especially Xarn's)

Poena requests of Gheronatons followers in her retinue to start her training.

Natus is drawn to a book called 'Origins' in Dragnar's library. (Just 'RP' that you actually take and start to read it, and I'll post part of it.)

Soul Confusion
Sometimes creatures are born soulless, none have got emotions, some even die to it at birth.

Code: [Select]
Acts:
Satae: 9
"The Chained God": 2
Dragnar: 4
Natus: 4
Frandor: 3
Luna: 3
Aarrook: 3
Palad'in: 3
Anacraeon: 3
Astra'ath: 3
Alex: 2
Galt: 2
Coradin: 2
Gheronaton: 2
Carnis: 2

You know how it works; PM me or post in the OOC thread if you've got any comments/think I forgot something/similar things. OOC Thread

(Note: This post is sloppy and probably bad-written. I might edit it some time later.)
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 11, 2010, 07:53:04 pm »

"Can you find a door?" Asked Or'Oner. The God and his Angel had been walking around the library for quite some time.
"Nope. But I can make one..." Carnis said, grinning evily.
"Wait, What -" Or'Oner was cut off by an explosion, blasting a massive hole in the side of the library. One particularly startled Librarian dropped the stack of scrolls he was carrying. They fell open onto the tiled floor.
"I found the door." Said Carnis Cheerily.

Carnis makes a hole in Dragnars library. He calls it a door, but it's really just a hole.
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 11, 2010, 10:04:34 pm »

The Shade began to laugh, a rough sound not unlike two pieces of metal clanging together. Your will is my command, Mistress. I would gladly end my life for you.It stares at the heavy armor that its mistress is currently wearing. I see your armor is quite cumbersome. Let me assist you. A black rod appears in its hand, and it asks for assistance from its master, worlds away. It got what it needed, a modicum of the God's power, and would enable the Shade to act as its tool for assisting the demigoddess. The rod flared, and divine energies caused the rod to give off a cloud of acrid smoke. The Shade touched the rod to the armor, and Poena felt it get lighter. This might be a bit better, My Mistress.

The Shade imbues Poena's armor with magical strength, and makes it easier for her to wear.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #310 on: May 12, 2010, 04:13:15 am »

Astra'ath contemplates from Its lofty hidden throne among the stars. Its massive bulk undulates and Its formidable mind takes in all that Its many eyes can see. This place is rank with fear, and It fed upon that fear with wild abandon whilst also enjoying a sweeter meat from afar, the new cult on the planet known as Incendium. Their worship strengthened It, and their songs called to It. For they were the disciples of Bhulotha, the Harbinger of Pestilence.

This pleased It greatly.

But more power was required, and the first step to power was to spread Its name and Its word to more places.

Astra'ath spends Its first bit of stolen power and something happens deep within Its bulk. A shudder runs through It and tentacles writhe as bulges ripple along its form. The bulges form pustules which pulse with the beat of life, the flesh over them growing thin enough that the stars' distant light penetrates. Nightmare forms are seen within, horrid abominations which constantly shift from one face to another, always losing and regrowing limbs. The pustules burst, sending grinning shadowy forms in all directions. The Nightgaunts are born.

Go forth my children / my Brood

Deliver your fear to the mortals of these lesser worlds

Bring me the power you attain in response

For the glory of Astra'ath

And the shadowy forms echo their master's voice, their sibilant whisper is a blasphemous thing which stings the ear and claws at the mind.

for the glory of astra'ath

Astra'ath creates the Nightgaunts. They are shadowy beings with no physical substance. They migrate to the dark side of the crystal planet Aether, the dark side of the planet of dreams, and from there they work their terrible charge. They are tasked with entering the dreams of mortals as they sleep and terrifying them, bringing nightmares to every corner of the Void. After the dream, they sacrifice this power Astra'ath in an ritualistic song which echoes through the void. They have no society of their own, and have no physical needs beyond serving their master. They are more a force of the universe than an actual people, for they are the vessel of nightmares. They do not reproduce, but there are always enough of them... for they are created from the evil thoughts of mortals and the only way to truly destroy them is to ensure no mortal thinks an evil thought again.

In essence, Astra'ath has corrupted dreams to create nightmares.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 06:24:58 am by forsaken1111 »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 12, 2010, 06:48:12 am »

Dragnar rises from his seat near the Map, more than a little annoyed with Carnis.

"What possible reason could there be for that?! This place is a 3-dimensional construct situated just on the edge of 4-dimensional space. It's no harder to walk into than a hula hoop if you get here at all!"
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 12, 2010, 07:08:03 am »

Natus seemed to know what he was looking for, but Coradin was all but useless there.
' I will leave now. Summon me if you find something.'

He seeked out the massive ship the Voidwalker had constructed for the Morai. All the tribes were there, and groups of five to ten Morai moved up and down the surrounding dead ships. Seeking out tech, or the Everii vines he had created. This was not proper life for the nomads, and even though the Everii vines would regrow given time, food was scarce. Still, Astra'ath was more important right now.
Most of the Morai had camped on top of the Voidwalker's ship, protected by a bubble of air and gravity formed by carried Everii vines. It was easy to see where different tribes presided; there was always a small area of space separating their Everii bubbles. There were hundreds of thousands of Morai in or near the ship. Their numbers had not grown much from when he had created them, but it had not fallen either.
Inside the ship, Morai 'tech-heads' tested scavenged technology or tried to find ways to repurpose them. A massive ship cannon was being used to transport Morai from one end of the ship to another, and another ship's core had been carried off whole, and now served as a massive battery for tech being tested.
They were creating, which was good.
What gave him even greater joy was to find out they were creating art. Small, hand-held lasers were being used to carve elaborate 'paintings' onto ship walls.
Sculptures of scrap metal had been constructed, seemingly in Coradin's honour. Musicians performed inside Everii bubbles, huge groups of Morai gathering to listen.
It was time to reward them...

Coradin grants the Morai the ability to instantly understand any piece of technology they come upon
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 12, 2010, 07:43:40 am »

Observe, respond.
Coradin, protector. Noteworthy,  possible plan incorporation
Coradin, refuge. Noteworthy.
Luna, pendant. Noteworthy.
Astra'ath, Bhulotha. Observe, Caution.
Palad'in, Solar system. Observe.
Aerie, Corruption. Observe, caution, danger.
Gheronaton, equipment. Noteworthy.
Galt, robe. Noteworthy
Galt, astra'ath armour. Caution, observe.
Chained one, shade. Noteworthy.
Chained one, tower. Observe.
Dragnar, Astra'ath, confrontation. Noteworthy.
Fortis, shards. Noteworthy.
Aarrook, soulblade. Observe.
Carnis, library. Noteworthy.
Astra'ath. minions. Observe, caution.
Coradin, minions. Noteworthy.
Response unneccesary.
Knowledge updated.
Proceed with plans.

Frandor grants Chara the ability to change the properties of the material of the shell (refractive index, opacity, reflectivity, etc)

Is this it? How can I use this to fight?
Listen. Frandor explain.

Chara was a sun, and as with all suns, every instant it radiated out a huge amount of energy. Normally, almost all the energy of a sun is wasted, radiated out into the vast emptiness of the void. Those who stund under the glare of a sun know only a tineist fraction of the smallest part of the intensity of the great furnace. Now was an exception.

From every part of the massive bulk of Chara, energy was radiated. This energy reached the inside of the shell, and it was focused, reflected, intensified. This happened on every part of the shell, the energy being focused and chanelled continually. All the output of the glorious furnace that was Chara was focused down one path.

The massive bulk of Chara's shell took up a significant portion of the universe. Normally, its incredible bulk was static and unchanging. It did not remain so. A tiny shaft of light, about two feet in diameter, passed out from the shell. It would have escaped the notice of any being normally, being so tiny and insignificant. It was not normal, though. Chara had found a name for this shaft of light, and that name was "The eye of Chara".

This shaft of light differed from any normal shaft of light in its intensity. The entire output of a sun, the greatest of furnaces, and been chanelled down and distilled into this one shaft of light. The ferocity of it was beyond anything that had been seen in the universe thus far, bey several orders of magnitude.

The universe was becoming a very cluttered place, with many fragments of creation floating about between the celestial bodies. A few fragments of debris floated in the path of the eye of Chara, and no sooner had they met the shaft of light than they were gone, obliterated by the intensity of the light - the very particles that they were composed of were shattered by the intensity. This light continued on, undiminished, into the huge bulk of Astra'ath.

Spoiler: knowledge (click to show/hide)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #314 on: May 12, 2010, 07:55:27 am »

The stream of starlight struck Astra'ath's bulk and burned through without much resistance. A neat two foot diameter hole was seared through Its body to the very core.

There it encountered a hastily-shuffled shard of crystal debris, one of those blasted into It by Galt, and the intense beam of sunlight altered its course. Astra'ath manipulates the crystal lens so that the beam turns and burns its way back out of his body, causing grievous wounds in the process.

But it is worth it.

The redirected shaft of starlight stabs out from Its body, the trajectory exactly analyzed by Astra'ath's vast intellect, and strikes the planet Natus. It burns a swath of destruction across a forest on that planet, starting wildfires and torching animals like ants beneath a magnifying glass. The beam continued through Astra'ath for as long as Chara kept it burning.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 07:58:29 am by forsaken1111 »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 56