Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 56

Author Topic: Godhood I Play Thread  (Read 75863 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Godhood
« Reply #285 on: May 10, 2010, 10:59:52 am »

Before Aerie can respond to Dragnar, Astra'ath's projection appears behind her. A row of eight tri-lobed eyes glitter from the darkness, a set of writhing tentacles cover a toothy maw. A voice echoes, as from a great distance.

Child-god Dragnar, Why do you hate us?

Our song is ancient, our mind vast

We could tell you secrets of peoples long dead

We could give you knowledge long forgotten

We could show you places lain fallow for eons

---

We only wish knowledge of this place

We will collaborate, comply with your laws

We will not harm your library

---

Allow us entry, do not molest our brood

This one, Aerie, is ours of her own accord

She chose her path, she must face the consequence

Aerie looks at the gods, indecision in her eyes. She could be free... What should she do?

She decides to wait and see what happens.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 06:22:08 pm by forsaken1111 »

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 10, 2010, 11:02:02 am »

The crystal dragon began to wonder if he had made a hasty decision, as the tentacle reached for him. But it was far too late for regrets or second thoughts, as the tentacle grabbed him. His foreleg burned with a sudden pain as the symbol on it glowed with a malevolent red light. But this paled in comparison to what came next. As Astra’ath began feeding, it felt like his very heart was being ripped a piece at a time from his chest. What’s more, he also felt something being forced into him. The dragon roared in pain and writhed, his bestial instincts taking over and clawing at the…thing changing him, though even his gem like claws could not scratch it.

His mind next came under assault, as knowledge began flooding it. Knowledge of rites and songs and chants and of dark horrid twisted things. Of the infinite embodiment of corruption and of it’s myriad of crimes against a myriad of universes. It was too much for him to handle, and his mind cracked, though it did not shatter completely.

He was still in pain when Astra’ath released him. But he did not care. Pain was but a sensation like any other. Pain reminded him of his life, and his service to Astra’ath. “I am Bhulotha. I endure but to serve you. All will know Astra’ath’s power, or will know death.” Bhulotha said, bowing low. He turned and flew off, pondering which world to bring the power of Astra’ath first. He quickly decided on the world of his first birth, Incendium. The ferals lived in constant fear and battle, as he once did, it was time for the ferals to rise.

Besides, he always wondered what dragon tasted like.

<><><><><>

« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 11:15:38 am by Fortis »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 10, 2010, 11:24:18 am »

Coradin stood up from his chair. The child was sitting on the floor, alone but for her brother and what creatures his siblings had provided.
He marched up to Poena.

'Child, do you want to leave this place? You are free to go if you want, until you are needed.' He hesitated. ' If... if you choose to fight with us. We can wait, but not forever. Astra'ath is an abomination. I fear it may have already begun to spread it's taint on this world. If we do not act in time, everything you care for will be lost. So please... provide us with an answer soon.'

He summoned the Protector to his side, if the girl needed to leave.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 11:30:46 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 10, 2010, 11:25:08 am »

"I do not hate you Astra'ath. Not yet. I will judge you only on your actions, not the tales of the chained one, nor the fear of the other gods. Corruption and chaos are no more innately evil than any other powers, it is only their use that matters. So far everything you have changed has joined you willingly, and so I will not yet choose to be your foe. "

"As for this girl, Aerie, you are correct, she does have the right to choose her own path, but your control is harsh, and she brought my creation into corruption along with her. I give her one more chance to change her mind, to choose the service of a different god, or none at all. If she chooses to follow you still, then so be it, as long as you do not force her to harm any creations of mine I will bother you no more, and Aerie shall serve you for eternity."
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #289 on: May 10, 2010, 11:31:27 am »

The blade was given to her

It is not yours to command

She came to my service willingly

The blade came with her

---

She will not harm your creations

We offer you a pact - non-agression / neutrality

We require

Use of your library / your scribes

In exchange

We will provide knowledge of Outside to your scribes

---

Aerie backed away, against one wall, as the gods bargained. She relished the return of her body, her mind felt more stable as well. She contemplated the conversation she was witnessing, something most mortals never see. She waited to see how this would turn out and contemplated her decision.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 10, 2010, 11:33:31 am »

Luna saw Poena in the corner, and felt a surge of pity for her. She left the other gods and walked over to kneel at Poena’s side. “I care for you, and for your brother, Poena. I did not make tools or toys when I made the elves. I created companions. Even those that were made for a purpose are much more than just a means to an end.”

“We may have erred, and for that I apologize. Being the daughter of Xarn, we forgot that you were still a daughter of an elf too. I said that I would help you in any way I could. If you want to go home, you need but ask me, and I’ll take your and your brother home myself,” Luna said, looking up. To their vision, it looked like Aether was just outside of Refuge. However, Luna frowned, seeing that there was a cloud of glittering shards falling towards Aether and the other worlds. She put forth her power, and the shards heading for the inhabited worlds vanished into the darkness of the void.

“We have asked much, but not yet have we asked what you want. What do you wish of me? I can raise and guard your brother for you, even if I am not your first choice. I will even leave you in peace on Aether if you so desire. We will find some other way to deal with Astra’ath.”

Act 2: Destroy the shards raining on the planets by causing them to be absorbed into the void.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 10, 2010, 11:40:58 am »

From one god to the other her gaze wandered. At one moment kindness, at the other demands. She didn't know what to do. Her head hurt, and she felt an ancient pain inside of it. Up she looked again.

"I never felt at home on Aether. I didn't fit in.. I'll probably never will. I am a mishap of your creation... I-" She paused, quiet- Thinking.
With their help she might finally get to meet her father. She could give him her brother, and he would have a father. It seemed perfect to her, and her expression changed from the sadness that filled it before to a grin. "I- I have decided to help you. But first, I have another demand of you. I want to speak my father." Slowly she rose to her feet, pointing up at the stars with the arm that wasn't nurturing her brother to her chest. "I demand to speak to my father, and the two of you will help me."
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 10, 2010, 11:54:17 am »

"I will accept you pact. Knowledge for knowledge, peace for peace. I will not help you in the conflict with the other gods, nor will I join them without good cause. But I stand by my offer to Aerie, the girl made her choice while unaware of what it truly meant. Now that she has experienced both options, I leave the decision to her."
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 10, 2010, 11:58:58 am »

Coradin frowned.
Contact Father? How? Natus had spoken about it, but even he had not know how. Still, if Natus was to be believed, Xarn had tried to manifest to him.
He could know something they didn't about the matter.

Seeking him out in the void, Coradin called Natus back to the Refuge.

' We will... do what we can, child.' He turned to Luna. ' I have taken the liberty of summoning Natus here. He may be able to help.'

He was surprised to find himself growing frustrated with the child deep inside, though. Had they not provided her with her brother? She should show some respect when talking to them, atleast.
He forced himself to stop these thoughts. They needed the child, and he could not afford to become... unstable right now.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 12:03:26 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #294 on: May 10, 2010, 12:04:31 pm »

Agreed

The projection fades into darkness as though it were never actually there. The final word echoes in the small room.

Within Aerie's mind, Astra'ath whispers.

Little bug / Mortal

We agreed to the pact

You have your choice

Be free of us if you wish

But know this...

If you choose to remain with our Brood

We offer you long life and perfect health

We give you power greater than any other

The choice is yours, you have one hour

Aerie considered carefully, now that the two gods were finished. Astra'ath offered much, but freedom was a tempting proposition. Under Astra'ath touch her body had moved with the grace of an expert swordsman and she had never known such competence or skill. Freedom means home and hearth, but it also means returning to a somewhat ordinary life as a peasant girl... if she remains part of this... Brood... she would be special... powerful. She had never experienced true power before...

She sat down, back against the wall, contemplating recent events, and her freedom.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 10, 2010, 12:09:37 pm »

ooc: I don't think Natus has left yet, but we'll just say I stepped out to tend to affairs on my world.

Just as quickly as he left, he had been summoned again by his siblings. They now seemed willing to consider his ideas. While the others seemed to have little to say on Natus' plan to contact Xarn, it was the half-god, Poena that seemed to agree with his course of action.

"None of us have ever spoken to our father... he is mysterious and beyond all power. But I too share this desire to speak with him." Natus paused a moment, thoughtful, his whiskers twitched a moment. "He seemed to have trouble manifesting himself. I must admit that I am not entirely sure how to contact him. But perhaps... together we can find a way? A tower or device that can channel his energy maybe. As I understand it, my brother, Dragnar has a library of unlimited knowledge. Perhaps that may hold the key. Or perhaps even my own Tree of Knowledge may help shed the light on the secret. In either case it will be no easy task. We should make haste in our decisions, before it is too late. I should take you to both places."

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 10, 2010, 12:23:49 pm »

The agreement made, Dragnar returns to his library. "Aerie shall reach this place one way or another. We shall see what she is when she arrives." he muses. For the moment, he turns back to the map of the universe, watching as events unfold.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 10, 2010, 01:16:29 pm »

Coradin nodded to his brother's words.

'We should start with Dragnar's library, if he grants us access.'

'Poena, we will return as soon as we have the means to contact Father. I am certain we will find a way, do not worry.'

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 10, 2010, 01:33:57 pm »

Poena turned her attention from the three Gods to her brother again, cuddling him close to her. She was oblivious to her surroundings, the little boy being the only thing that could really take her interest. She had to have him safe. Away from all treachery, all corruption and especially that being called 'Astra'ath'. She would have to fight it, some time, and she knew that she would. For now, though- She desired to enjoy the warmth of her brother.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 10, 2010, 02:18:18 pm »

From his vantage point in the library, Dragnar hears the other god's discussion of summoning their creator. "Intriguing. Is it even possible? Such an endeavor will at the least be interesting." Dragnar sends an image of himself to tell the others of his approval.

"I will be glad to help summon Father. You all may access my library to try and find some hint as to how this might be accomplished, though I do not know if any of my books contain the information you seek. One warning though. This place shall be neutral, I take no sides in your conflict with Astra'ath, and I will not allow any violence within my home's walls. Leave your differences outside, only learning shall occur here."
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 56