Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 56

Author Topic: Godhood I Play Thread  (Read 75855 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood
« Reply #270 on: May 08, 2010, 01:35:15 pm »

Sensing the presence of new gods, Dragnar looks up from his studies for a moment. Seeing Alex attempting to battle Astra'ath he chuckles softly. Deciding to provide a bit of help to sends a psychic message to the easily tricked god before returning to his reading.

"You will not defeat Astra'ath that way. His power clearly lies in corruption, anything you do to fight him directly will go astray and accomplish the opposite of your intent. You must instead send something that cannot be corrupted, something capable of repairing the corruption, or else something too chaotic in purpose to be corrupted. I believe the chained one has something that might fulfill both of these requirements, though it will need a dose of godly power... and food."
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 08, 2010, 02:00:43 pm »

Luna gazed into the distance, watching the battle between gods. She still felt that fighting was not the best course of action, but she wasn’t sure what she should do. But she would need to think quickly, and prepare if there was to be a battle. But first, there was something else she needed to do. The other gods were gearing Poena for battle, but Luna was no fighter or blacksmith. She couldn’t match Gheronaton’s Ironborn at the forge, but she had other gifts she could give. She left refuge and took up a crystal from Aether. She poured her power into it, but rather than glowing with starlight, it became black like obsidian, save for a couple spots that glowed faintly like stars, appearing like a chunk of the night sky.

“My child, the other gods have given you gifts to aid you, and so shall I,” Luna said, returning to Refuge. She strung the night crystal on a string of silver, and gave it to Poena. “With this crystal, you need but wish it, and you can become one with the night and shadows, where no weapon can touch you. I also placed my peace upon it, to protect you from corrupting influences.”

<><><><><>

He had remembered battle. On a different world, in a different form, he enjoyed the taste of victory hundreds of times over. But his memory of that time was foggy, as if seen through a thick haze. There was a period of confusion and pain, before awaking as a formless spirit on a strange twilight world. He had seen odd people, had strange dreams, but there was no battle here. Not like he was used to. And now, he had a new form. Powerful, strong, like the dragons he once feared on another world. But there was no one to use such power or strength on. This world was peaceful.

And boring. He lusted for battle, and for blood.

It was then he heard the song. Discordant, chaotic, but beautiful in some alien, otherworldly way. He had sung along in his own coarse voice while the song lasted. But it ended abruptly as something happened over at the distant black sun. He didn’t know what, but it promised battle at long last.

He climbed to the highest peak of Aether, and launched himself into space. Being a thing of crystal, he had no need to draw breath and was undisturbed by the vacuum of space. He flew slowly, towards Astra’ath’s hiding place. As he approached the chaotic mass, he began using a claw to carve a symbol in his scales of his foreleg, despite the pain. It was the symbol that had been seen on the black sun before, one of the star and eye.

Act 1: Create night crystal pendant for Poena
This pendant would allow Poena to become invisible and intangible while in dark areas. It also will protect her from corruption.

Also, one of the Aether dragons seeks to join Astra’ath.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #272 on: May 08, 2010, 02:29:16 pm »

Glittering tri-lobed eyes inspect the newcomer from the darkness between the stars. A tentacle slides from the shadows, coiling around the dragon's forelimb to slow its flight through the void. At the touch of the god the carved symbol flares with red light, searing itself into the being's very soul; a stain which cannot be removed save by death.

---

You choose the path of Power

Little being of Aether

Welcome to my Brood

---

The tentacle holding the dragon's forelimb bifurcates several times, becoming a mass of squirming needle-thin tubes which penetrate the crystal scales and cause great pain. Astra'ath begins to feed on the creature's soul, drawing power from it whilst simultaneously inserting the barest portion of its own flesh. Careful though, never to draw too much, only enough to seal the bond.

The fleshy nodule now attached to the dragon's leg looks ugly and unnatural against its beautiful crystal hide.

---

The seed of Power

Will grow in Time

Hallowed is My Name

---

Take flight dragon thing

To all the Child God worlds

Bring to their creations

My Name / My Word

Let them Fear

Let them Worship

--

You are now Bhulotha,

Harbinger of Pestilence

My Disciple

---

The fleshy nodule pulses, as though breathing, and tendrils infiltrate up the dragon's leg. Suddenly it knows Astra'ath as no other being in this place does, and its mind is irrevocably shattered at the revelation. Wild-eyed and mad, the being is filled with the Rites and the Chants. It knows the Ways and the Songs. Its mission: To make all under the black sun worship great Astra'ath.

Astra'ath grants the defector dragon the knowledge of his religion, and tasks it with spreading that worship to all beneath the black sun.

(The dragon has not been altered physically, but its sanity is broken. This is the unfortunate side-effect of non-divine beings being touched by Astra'ath's mind directly. Feel free to continue controlling it Fortis. It isn't batshit crazy, but it certainly should be... unhinged... and highly irrational at times.)

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
  • A Chainsaw! Find some meat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 08, 2010, 03:27:11 pm »

He was tired.  He had tried everything in His (formidable) arsenal, including emptying all His tanks of holy fire.  He leaned on His wand, with a mind to rest for just a little while.  And then the Veil shattered.
He was flung through into the new universe, and He saw other Gods and their creations.  He saw the worlds and the suns, and the creatures that inhabited them.  He saw the palaces of the Gods, and the guardians thereof.  But most of all, he saw Astra'ath.  He knew He was in no condition to challange this God of Evil, since the Veil had stolen some of His own energy to reform.  He turned His thoughts to creation, and the power that came through it.  The Others would notice Him soon, and He needed to be prepared to face... whatever They tested Him with.  He Came to the Black Sun, and sensed a great Power eminating from it's core.  This would be the base of His creations.  He took shattered pieces from the center of the troubled sun, and Came to an empty corner of Creation, where the Gods had never Came before.  There he set the pieces of the Black Sun in place, the biggest for a new sun, and the others to form planets and moons.  Three pieces he saved for hmself, to replenish his empty tanks.  There would be a great Creation soon.

I take pieces from the core of the Black Sun and set them in an unexplored corner of space to be a new solar system.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 08, 2010, 03:35:52 pm »

Aerie gasped as her own hand, guided by some force other than her own, took the holy blade and sliced open her flesh, tearing a jagged symbol into her shoulder. She shuddered at the pain, ten thousand laces of fire burning into her arm. Finished, the symbol is in the form of a jagged eye-within-star. The sword glows a faint blue for a moment, then turns jet black as the void. it seems to draw the meager light into itself.

Aerie cuts Astra'aths symbol into her arm. However, the symbol is imperfect and Aerie keeps enough of her mind to be aware of what she's doing. She does not retain control of her body, though.

The blade she was carrying is now unholy.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #275 on: May 08, 2010, 04:20:47 pm »

Aerie's eyes open again as the symbol's glow fades. Her eyes dart about frantically.

"What? What happened?"

She looks down at the once-proud blade in her hand, crafted by one god and corrupted by another's influence.

She winces at the pain in her arm, pulling her sleeve back and seeing the seared symbol on her skin.

Then she remembered...

"Oh god... why did I do th-"

Her voice is choked off as a force seizes her throat, strangling her words.

Silence child. Learn your place.

Your regret matters as little as your life.

The deed is done.

Welcome to my Brood.

A hundred voices speak as one. A row of glittering eyes gleam in the darkness, glaring down at Aerie from the shadows within the fortress.

You are Aerie, mortal and weak.

Know my name, Fear my word.

Astra'ath is All.

Aerie tore at her neck, panicked and unable to breathe. She tried to protest, but only strangled gurgling noises came out.

Wield your godblade. Infiltrate this place.

Reach the library. Do not reveal my brand.

Slay all in your path.

The sword you carry will not fail you.

For it is Thuthacar, the Edge of Dreams.

The force strangling the young girl releases, and the image of Astra'ath fades into the shadows.

She takes a shuddering breath, swallowing her sob and squaring her shoulders. I have to do this, or that thing will strangle me again.

She took up Thuthacar, looking it over. The blade had changed subtly when Astra'ath's influence flowed into it. The once-gleaming blade was now black as the void, its blue glow faded down to a thin burning red line along the edge. The elegant script along the blade has melted and flowed into a maddening scrollwork which seems to twitch and move before your eyes. The hilt, once masterfully twisted golden vines, have become blackened and pitted and grown thorns. The three large red rubies now glittered with malice, reshaped into tri-lobed eyes which blink on occasion and seem to turn to watch the surroundings.

Perhaps most disturbing though, when the sword is drawn from its sheath there is no trace of its former singing note of power. Now the blade can only hiss, a high-pitched hiss which hurts the ears and pierces the mind.

Aerie choked back another sob and begins walking unsteadily further into the fortress and tugs her sleeve down to cover the elder sign seared into her flesh.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 04:22:24 pm by forsaken1111 »

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 08, 2010, 05:04:40 pm »

"Lord War, the armor is finished." Said the Firstborn, standing tall. Gheronaton forbade his warriors to kneel.
"I wish to see it." Gheronaton declared. "Bring it in!"

The Firstborn clapped in his hand, and the portal to Gheronatons throne room swung open and in marched other Firstborn, gingerly and full of pride they were carrying the armor.

Even Gheronaton was at a loss for words for a moment. The Armor was splendid, worthy of a god. It was made out of blackened Iron, the work of a master smith.

Yet, what made it special was how it was ornated. Excerpts of some of the most heroic ballads and legends were worked into the very iron.. The letters were made out of gold, silver and even valuable gems. Even the biggest coward would be inspired upon reading those sentences.

The shield was wholly coated in silver- Polished so bright that it could act as a flawless mirror. And on the breastplate was a lifelike image of Gheronaton, holding up his six swords in triumph. Gheronaton was indeed a bit vain.

The armor consisted of a helm, with a magnificient aigrette, a breastplate, greaves, pauldrons and boots and gauntlets- Shaped to poenas body. Enough space was left that it would still fit nicely even if she should grow taller.

In addition there was a leather armor that could be worn beneath it. But this was no ordinary leather, but leather made from dragon skin. It was heavier than normal armor but could almost rival Iron in terms of protection.

Belonging to the armor was also a set of weapons: A long and a shortsword, as well as a spear. The swords were sharp as sin and their sheaths were heavy with gems.
The spear was made from dragonbone and it`s blade was leaf shaped and could thrust through dragon scales, skin and bone direct into it`s fiery heart.

And there was another piece- A cloak made entirely of dragon scales of many colors. It was big enough that it could be wrapped over the full suit of armor. It wasn`t light but would protect it`s wearer against harm; Especially against fire.

Gheronaton allowed himself a smile. "This armor is worthy to be worn by our champion." He said. "You make me proud, my sons."

He stroked the armor and the weapons gently, pouring energy into it. The spells he casted would make them even stronger, but most of all they would strengthen quaking heart.

"Send it to Poena. And tell her that i know that she will make me proud. She is always welcome in my halls. And.. You, take two other firstborn and two of my mortal chosen with you. You five shall form her bodyguard and you shall teach her how to fight."

I enchant the armor. It shall fill it`s wearer with courage and hope. And it shall also lend strength to it`s wearer, if needed. Then i send the armor and the weapons to poena; As well as three of my firstborn and two of my (most loyal and strongest.) chosen, equipped with good armor and weapons. They shall be her teachers in matters of war and shall keep her safe.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 05:19:17 pm by Lordinquisitor »

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 08, 2010, 07:38:39 pm »

Freedom.

Anacraeon extended his senses, attempting to better understand his surroundings. A map appeared in his mind, and he shot off into the black, far away from the other gods. He had no resources, no plan, and his powers were weak from forcing his way through the barrier.

He would have to wait.

I wait, saving my acts.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 08, 2010, 08:12:25 pm »

Galt blinked. A ripple in the Universe, no doubt caused by Astra’Ath’s brutal entry into the plane, had destroyed their past few seconds’ work. They went back about their tasks, plagued by an aggravating sense of déjà vu.

Manifesting as a man composed entirely of glittering dragonflies, Galt bestowed upon Poena the robe at the very core of their being. Whilst not, in fact, a part of Galt, the robe was a lengthy resident in their form, and it had become a trapping that they were rarely seen without. From its lengthy internship in the inner workings of a God, it had been infused with powers over souls and death, fixing them in place and state.

Galt continued on their way. Sensing the corruption of their former components, Galt saw Astra’Ath’s glittering, but strangely muted, armour. Galt unraveled the soulbonds holding it together, rendering them down into naught but pure energy, and transferring that energy into the shards of lapis and sapphire, turquoise and azurite, that Astra-Ath had so foolishly gather to his form. Some shards accelerated in various directions- many into Astra’Ath’s betentacled form, others off into deep space. Others released their energy as heat and light, and the resonating aftermath of the souls’ undoing flashed through the aether as a shockwave. The explosion was visible throughout the universe as a navy-blue starburst, and as the shockwave passed planets, it caused showers of blue lightning throughout the atmosphere. Astra’Ath’s presence had been firmly documented for all to see.

Galt bestow the robe from his avatar upon Poena. When worn, it fixes the wearer’s soul(s). The wearer will not die (can still be injured, pass out, be incapacitated, etc if previously applicable), nor will they be vulnerable to possession or corruption of their souls.

Galt also undo Astra’Ath’s asteroid armour (say that six times fast) and have it explode producing various blue-themed lightshow effects throughout the galaxy and plainly marking Astra’Ath’s presence and location for all Gods and Demigods to see. Some of the crystal armour also slices into Astra’Ath’s form.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 09, 2010, 01:54:13 am »

The Chained God stared at Poena for a moment, not comprehending what she had said. You wish for me to care for the babe? The eldritch deity shakes its head. I cannot. I am not... not the best candidate to care for a child. Luna, Gheronaton, Coradin, Natus, all these are better suited to care for your brother. The Voidwalker opened its tome, and searched for the necessary spell. When it was found, the Chained One recited the syllables in its mind, not wanting to reveal the words to Poena, or her brother. The invocations that were used had ill effects on mortals, even if they had godly parentage. It raised its hand, and a shadow leaped from the chains that made up the body of the deity of forbidden knowledge. The Shade took on a roughly humanoid form, and took its place beside Poena. This Shade will protect you till it, or you, are dead. It is a mighty warrior, and a talented mage. The shadowman turned to Poena, and bowed. The Chained God then looked down at the child. There is only a few things that I can do for the child, but I can ensure that he will not leave this hall without some blessing. The Chained God erected wards around Poena and her brother, ensuring that they, and all those around them, will not be corrupted by the Anathema's madness. The Chained One then left the Refuge, and back to the simple tempests of Ss'Vadgrin, where the confusion of the strange emotions would not bother it. It strode before BLACKLIGHT, which was in stasis. It was currently in the form which it found most comfortable; a human male wearing a hooded jacket, jeans and sneakers. This form was not what The Dead Dreamer desired, and so reached into the life threads of the biological entity, and sifted for the desired sequences and commands. When it was finished, BLACKLIGHT lay before it, in a dark form, utterly inhuman and without mercy. It was satisfied. When the rain of lapis lazuli and sapphire shards rained down from the heavens, the tempestuous rain of blue impaled the Shadowfiends, only to be reborn a ways away from their place of death. The Chained God collected these shards, and imbued them with great power, stripping most of the blue tint in the process. They were condensed into a single piece, and formed a great tower of black stone, with veins of blue streaking through it.

The Chained God declines in taking Poena's brother in, but gives Poena a Shade for a bodyguard. The Shade is an able warrior, and will protect her and teach her in the magical arts. Permanent wards that protect the person and anyone nearby, from corruption and inspires them to do great deeds are erected. The Chained God also changes BLACKLIGHT's standard form to a featureless humanoid made of black chitin, akin to its armor form. Lastly, The Chained God takes the shards from Galt's attempted attack on Astra'ath, and turns it into a huge black tower.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 04:19:46 am by Acanthus117 »
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #280 on: May 09, 2010, 03:31:13 am »

A great blue/white explosion rocks the cosmos deep in the darkness between the stars. Shards of crystal armor fly in every direction like a massive fragmentation charge. Astra'ath's titanic form is momentarily silhouetted against the blackness, visible from every world in the cosmos.

Not long after, crystalline shards rain down on every world like some twisted storm. They slice and pierce anything unfortunate enough to be underneath before shattering against the ground leaving fields of sharp broken gemstone.

No longer visible, Astra'ath shudders in the dark as minor wounds heal over. Voracious feeding mouths gather the latent godly power from the explosion, drawing in all matter and energy within several miles to restore Its strength.

These child-gods were toying with their powers, unwilling to commit to a full assault, and It would continue to subvert and corrupt their every effort. Already Galt had brought suffering to many people with his unthinking use of deific power. Didn't he know that something so simple could never harm another god? Does he not care that the mortals beneath him suffer?

No matter. The child-gods will pay. Soon... very soon.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 03:49:49 am by forsaken1111 »

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 09, 2010, 02:47:18 pm »

Natus lay in his throne, observing his siblings blessing and talking at the demi-goddess and her new baby brother. Though still not quite sure exactly what lay at stake, Natus knew he would have to prepare himself for a conflict that now seemed all but inevitable. Natus believed in balance, for that was the beauty of nature. But this new sibling of his, Astra'ath, if his brothers & sisters were to be believed would be the end to all that he had created, possibly even himself.

Before, perhaps his naivety had shielded him from the worst of these unexplained attacks that seemed to trouble his brethren deeply, but now even he sensed it. Natus worried little about himself, for it was difficult to destroy every single trace of nature, corrupt or not. His worry lay with the planet Natus. Where much of his creations had little to defend themselves being nothing more than plants.

But perhaps there was help that his siblings had not considered yet. His thoughts once again drifted to the vision that he had seen while back on Natus. The familiar entity that exuded power, yet did not seem threatening. Though not certain to any extent, he could not help but think his father, Xarn had tried to visit him there on his world. For what purpose he could not say. But perhaps it was to favour him. Or give him advice on this coming conflict. One thing was for certain in the mind of Natus. It was a sign.

“Before I arrived here, I was visited by a very powerful entity on my world. It appeared for only the briefest of moments. Barely perceivable even with my godly senses. But it felt so familiar. Not unlike the power that I sense when near you” Natus motioned to his siblings still in the room.

He looked over at the young infant with a compassionate eye, “I believe our father Xarn was trying to contact me... for what purpose I am unsure. But perhaps he has favoured me for some task. Perhaps he would want me to look after this child. Our brother. Or perhaps he wants me to seek him out, wherever he truly exists. Though I must admit I would be at a loss as to where to start in that endeavour. Or I could be misreading this completely. Perhaps he was cross with me...” He paused a moment as he considered his next words.

“Our father must be aware of the danger that Astra'ath posses to us and our worlds. We should find a way to contact him. We could ask for his assistance. At this point there is little to be lost.”

Natus looked at his brothers and sisters, trying to gauge their reactions. Most were wiser than himself. He would seek their council before committing to one course of action.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #282 on: May 10, 2010, 07:11:53 am »

"Yaah!"

A primal scream torn from Aerie's lips as she swung the dark blade Thuthacar in a wide arc, slicing a guardian golem across the chest. The creature shuddered, falling back against a wall as its animating force was disrupted. The dark presence in the back of Aerie's mind pushed her to succeed, forcing her to perform beyond her body's normal abilities. The fortress was filled with trials and tests, some mental and some physical. When she came upon a puzzle, the alien intelligence within her shifted to the forefront and analyzed it, giving her the answer in seconds. When a foe threatened, the presence stimulated her hormonal glands suffusing her body with unnatural strength and speed. Still drained of energy from its difficult transition, Astra'ath was limited to working with her pitiful body's resources.

It needed the knowledge stored in this library though, and so it pushed her on and on; only allowing her short breaks when she absolutely needed them and quickly forcing her to move on. It shoved her screaming consciousness to the back of her mind, ignoring its pitiful mewlings.

"Why are you doing this? Leave me alone!" Aerie cried as her rebellious body entered combat with another set of guardians, moving with a grace and speed beyond her years. A perfect cut across the chest then parry another's blow and lightning-quick riposte. Both are dispatched within a few seconds and she started walking on.

"I just want to go home..."

She tried to reassert control over her body. The voice in her mind speaks again, and she winces as it booms in her skull.

Learn your place and know your role

Little bug, you are my Brood

Do as I command

Her resistance slips for a moment and the dark presence slides back into place. It seemed that every time she fought against it, the presence was able to insinuate itself a bit deeper into her mind.

She walks deeper into the fortress to confront the next challenge.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 10, 2010, 10:32:57 am »

Dragnar ceases his study of the library's many books, sensing that something is wrong. Looking at the map contained within his library he quickly discovers the cause of this disturbance. The girl Aerie has been corrupted by Astra'ath, and the sword meant to aid her twisted into a thing of evil. "This will not do." mutters the god, before vanishing. Moments later Aerie stops in her tracks, an angry god standing before her.

“You! Defiler of my gift! How could one willing to venture into this place alone, for no reward, be so weak as to be corrupted by Astra'ath?! I shall give youbuy one chance to redeem yourself. In a few moments I will grant you a portion of holy power, freeing you from the influence of Astra'ath for a few minutes. If you are brave enough to deserve my blessing, you will use you short time of freedom to end this. Strike yourself down with that blade and the power I give you will purify both of you. It is your choice. Live as a monster, or die and rid the world of some of Astra'ath’s corruption. Now, make your choice.

"And as for you Astra'ath. I do not fear you, and I will not allow you to bring your corruption into my library, or any of my creations. Leave me in peace, or I shall join the other gods in their fight against you much more directly.”

Dragnar gives Aerie control of her body for a few minutes.

Though Dragnar does not tell her, if Aerie does choose to die, he shall resurrect her, bringing her purified body to his library and restoring it to life.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 10, 2010, 10:57:06 am »

Poena didn't know what to do. Suddenly she was being bestowed by the Gods with gifts and blessings.

They did not matter.
Her brother had been denied the care of a father, or whatever she call The Chained God. Emotionless she stood, for a moment. Unknowing on how now to take care of her brother, she slumped to the floor, holding him in her arms. "Nobody really cares for you.. Nobody but me. They all care about themselves, they're just too egocentric to admit it." She looked about her, withdrawn in a corner of the council room. "They locked me up in here, sent me gifts and even some sort of servants. But eventually they all do this for themselves. They regard us as tools and toys, young brother. Remember that. I now know that we should never trust those being that call themselves 'Gods', and neither should you. Even not our own father, always glaring at us from up there." She looked up, and her brother followed her gaze.
"He never helped me, he never aided me. He let you be killed, and then I had to negotiate, no, demand for your revival." She glared angrily at one of the Firstborn as it tried to approach it.
It backed away. It feared her.

Good.

It was no better than those 'Gods' and their schemes.

Her mind turned again, and she sighed. "Shouldn't I give them a chance, brother? P-Perhaps they aren't as bad as they seem to be.. Luna tried to help me, right?" Her glance was drawn to the pendant, and her free hand grasped it. It felt strangely familiar, and she held it tightly. "And that other God.. Ghe-Gher.. That warrior God. He wasn't too bad, was he...?" Sadly her eyes darted to the armor, positioned on a gracious stand next to her...
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 56