Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 56

Author Topic: Godhood I Play Thread  (Read 75814 times)

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood
« Reply #150 on: May 04, 2010, 12:22:08 pm »

Response to Dragnar
Accordance/resonance. Mutual interest. Bond?
Astra'ath, Blacklight - Unknown. Query:nature, intentions?

Response to "Chained one"
Understood. Bond query postponed. Exchange currently impossible, postponed.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 04, 2010, 12:40:40 pm »

What a curious deity. Gheronaton once thought that the chained one was strange. But this creature... is it even alive? And what a strange way to speak. Is it asking for a bond? Curious. But maybe i might learn more about it that way. Let`s respond in kind!

Respond to Frandor

Bond. Good idea. By Honor. Growth together. Fight side by side.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 12:45:58 pm by Lordinquisitor »

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #152 on: May 04, 2010, 01:03:21 pm »

Changing my action to Make Glass Sphere loaded with death (plague?), drop on Elves.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 04, 2010, 01:04:15 pm »

Darnit, Kirby, you are ruining the immersion!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 04, 2010, 01:04:57 pm »

Immersion? I'm saving us pain here!
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 04, 2010, 01:05:31 pm »

I mean, the lack of flavor of your text, and the vagueness of the plague.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 04, 2010, 01:09:22 pm »

What was the being? It was certainly a god. It was purely a being of simplicity. It was both that, and complex. It seemed to be ruled by logic, but it was certainly alive.

Query to Aarrook
Sympathy/resonance. Mutual goals. Bond - mutual prosperity?

So the being speaks? It is also certainly intelligent. Could this being be trusted? That was something to find out.

Response:
Sympathy=True,Mutual Goals : True ,Bonds: Possibility
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 04, 2010, 01:14:59 pm »

I mean, the lack of flavor of your text, and the vagueness of the plague.
I wanted to get my action in fast*. If you want plague description....

Basically, it invades the White Blood Cells, the forces them to use Antibodies on the Reds. That causes the same effect as clogging, but shocks don't cure. The virus is spread by contact, so when the doctors examine them, they get it, henceforth, doing a general load of killing.

*That and I suck at flavor.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 04, 2010, 01:29:55 pm »

Response to Frandor
Bond: tenuous, strengthen/weaken with time. Require further data analysis for greater commitment.
Astra'ath: Planet/extension of the chained one. purpose unknown.
Blacklight: powerful entity, almost unstoppable. purpose unknown.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
  • A Chainsaw! Find some meat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 04, 2010, 01:39:27 pm »

A faint thumping sound filled the void. It sounded like... heavy footfalls. The Being drew close to the Veil, and was perplexed at His seeming inability to pass through it. A faint hissing sound issued from his mask, and then all was silent. A voice drifted through the Veil, surprising the Entity, for it seemed to be talking to Him, and even called to Him by name.
Query to Palad'in
Great resonance/Great accordance. Mutual interests. Bond - great strength?
This voice sounded... vaguely familiar. This bond it was offering... what did it mean? It called it's interests mutual with His, but what did it know? Could it know? If it knew, it must be eliminated...

Yay, first post! Also, I reserve the right to "create" goblins and kobolds.
I already thought up a cool creation story/action set that would create them...

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 04, 2010, 02:07:39 pm »

It started as a curiosity. It ended in disaster.

A new star, or so it seemed at first, appeared in the sky of Aether. It was dim at first, barely visible in the twilight glow of Maia. But it gradually became stronger, brighter. It wasn’t long before the elves realized the truth. Something was coming.

Though the elves realized this, they couldn’t have guessed the devastation it would bring. A great sphere, glowing a fiery red as it plummeted through the atmosphere of Aether, slammed into the crystalline sands and fields, gouging a huge crater and shattering into pieces. The impact sent up a plume of unnatural smoke, smelling of acrid poison. The elves fled from the impact site, fearing the unknown, but in doing so they unwittingly brought death with them.

Those who first breathed the smoke were the first to show signs. Their bodies became weak, their breathing rapid. They began to sweat, and grow pale, turning a snow white. As time passed, blotchy bruising would spontaneously over their skin, and they began coughing up a pale blood. Almost invariably, they died from their hearts seizing up suddenly, or from being struck within their minds, or simply from losing too much blood and passing out, until their breath gradually stilled.

At first, it was just the few who were at the impact site. But then others around them began to show signs of the plague. The elves fled from anyone showing signs of paleness, unwittingly serving as carriers to infect new settlements. The plague became known as the ‘white curse’ as a local illness rapidly spread to become an epidemic. The Rhea became very busy collecting the souls of the dead, and the elves tried to halt the white curse by burning the bodies on large funeral pyres. Oddly, the greatest mercy and aid came from those who endured the plague and survived, for once the white curse had come and gone, they would never again contract it.

Luna looked down on the suffering that the plague brought, and she wept for her creations. But she was not a goddess of healing, and knew not how to stop this disease. Desperate, she called for help. Far and wide, over all the planets and even to the demigods and gods, dreams came to them. They saw images of the elves suffering from the plagues, and heard a pleading voice begging them. “Please, help my children.”

Act 3: Send out a dream call for help to all the races and gods.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 04, 2010, 02:33:38 pm »

Response to Gheronaton
Confirm bond. Warmth/acceptance. Together grow, together fight, together fall. By Honor/Law.

Response to Aarrook
Confirm Sympathy/resonance. Bond position understood; pursue in due course.

Response to Dragnar
Bond position understood. Astra'ath, Blacklight: worrying/unknown.

Response to Luna
Plight understood. Action impossible, insufficient resources. Proposition: Isolate infected from rest; minimize death/waste.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 04, 2010, 02:38:15 pm »

Third act which I probably should have put into my update-When we infect 20%, KILL OFF THE PLAGUE.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 02:44:53 pm by ExKirby »

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 04, 2010, 02:41:28 pm »

((Don't worry Kirby, I plan to have the total death toll equal around 20% by the time the plague is cured. I'm just adding a little flavor text.))

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 04, 2010, 02:46:11 pm »

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii...

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 56