Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 56

Author Topic: Godhood I Play Thread  (Read 75812 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood
« Reply #120 on: April 30, 2010, 06:14:26 am »

Coradin couldn't think straight. The constant pain was clouding his thoughts, killing every idea that dared to raise it's head.
The Refuge helped, but not enough. The pain wasn't going away. The protector of the Refuge sat beside him on the floor of the Council quarters.
Coradin knew it wanted to investigate the starcraft the Voidwalker had brought to the world, but ignored it.
He could sense they were cold and lifeless, much like the Chained God himself.
They came in many forms, some elegant and beautiful, others just bulky and massive, like flying factories. The cold god had probably brought them here for his own purposes, but Coradin felt the need to create, and the graveyards of starships would be adequate for his purposes.
They did not need to graveyards.
When he was finished with his creations, fourteen different tribes, he enclosed them in suits that would protect them against the void.

Coradin creates the Morai, a species of nomads and scavengers living in the ship armada

Coradin creates beasts-of-burden for the Morai, creatures that do not need to breathe, eat, or drink, which carry them from ship to ship
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 06:36:55 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 30, 2010, 07:53:59 am »

So Someone stole souls from my world. Gheronaton mused. That was insolent and unjustified.. Seems like he had to thank the god who did this. Or maybe he should kill him. Later. He was quite exhausted from his latest act.

Granting every creature the power to reincarnate was a good solution.. But not good enough, as it seemed. The pain was severe, yet he could endure it. He was the god of war and power, after all.

He sighed. All that "cosmic balance" thing was too complicated for his taste. Why coulnd`t he simply stab that pain with his swords, killing it?

Again a few heroes entered his halls, smeared with blood but happy, bragging about their kills and laughing. At least some beings in the universe were untroubled.

I store my acts.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 10:35:20 am by Lordinquisitor »

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 30, 2010, 10:21:48 am »

Luna shuddered as she felt pain again. She brought a hand up to her forehead, and when she brought it down again, she saw it was stained with her silvery blood. Though it was not as severe as before, it still caused her worry. It seemed she had erred, and her solution she had proposed did not work. Worse, it may have exacerbated the problem. She couldn’t put off the problem any longer, she needed to create an afterlife. “Forgive me Xarn, I did not mean to pain you.” Luna whispered, as she strode to Maia and placed her hands on it’s gently glowing surface. She turned from it and commanded the Rhea with a thought.

“Bring me the souls of the departed!” She said. Before long, the Rhea flocked to her, bearing the souls of departed Aether Elves upon their backs. She took the nearest one in her loving hands. Gently, she took up a bit of Maia’s light, and touched him with it. The soul was transformed, it became a being of pure light, deathless and formless. She bade it depart, and it flew to join the glow of Maia, where it would know eternal bliss.

She worked hard and long, shaping each departed soul into new form of light, and letting them join her power in Maia, in essence joining herself. They became the Elysian, and dwelt upon and within Maia resting from the trials and struggles of life.

After this labor was completed, Luna gave instructions to the Rhea. They were to bear the dead to Maia, where her power there would make them into Elysian. Luna herself returned to Aether, and began wading through the oceans and rivers, gathering up any drowned souls and bringing them up to the surface for the Rhea to ferry to Maia.

Even as she did so, she beheld a strange sight. A spirit. Not of Elves…but of a strange beast man… a feral. Upon noticing that it was being watched, it fled and hid from Luna. It was a curious thing, but Luna had work to do. She would ask Gheronaton what a feral spirit was doing upon Aether when she was done cleaning the seas and rivers.

Act 1: Create Elysians. An aether elf after they die become an elysian now, after the Rhea ferry them to Maia. Elysians are deathless, formless beings of pure light.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 30, 2010, 02:33:05 pm »

Infinity.
The void was infinite.
And so was the room created by Carnis, that cold night.
The reasons the mortals belived were that they had angered their gods, and so were now able to die. They quite quickly forgot the pain of immortality.
The gods knew that it was Xarn that caused it.
Xarn knew little of what even went on in his own mind, Omnipresence not mixed with omniintellect. He was, indeed, incredibly intelligent, by all counts, but there were limits on his brain not placed upon his body. And so he did not know why he did it, only that he did.

Carnis shaped the Rooms of the Forgotten of a small peice of obsidian. When the dead entered a room, they could create their own heaven, their own limitless power within the confines of that box. They were drawn there by a cloaked man, Reaver, holding a sickle, and a beautiful young woman, Hera, wearing a flimsy dress of light. They acted in unison, for they were demigods born beneath the sign of the Siblings.

Carnis Creates the Rooms of the Forgotten from a chunk of obsidian!
Carnis Creates Reaver and Hera to lead dead souls to their rooms!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 01, 2010, 12:01:06 am »

I'm going to save my acts.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 10:14:33 am by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 01, 2010, 09:28:49 am »

It seemed that the meeting between Natus and his siblings had ended as abruptly as it started. They exited the hall, none with a conclusive or uniform solution for this pain that was tormenting all of them.

The next wave of pain to hit Natus was different though, it stayed with him, even causing a physical wound of his face, which clotted and matted in his red fur. His brothers & sisters were all trying different tactics to stop the pain and, Natus had a strange feeling like they might just be making it worse.

Natus returned to his world, but something was different. While he had been away from his realm, things had changed... a new presence.

Myriad spirits... they all looked so lost. Some were curious like Natus, others seemed to carry much hatred within them. Again Natus would allow them to stay, if only to see what they could create themselves. As long as they respected his realm they would be allowed to stay. Any that would try to harm the balance of his creation would be punished... banished from his utopia. Otherwise he would care for them like his own, like so many other of his sibling's lost and discarded creations.

Natus would create a race of guardians for his world. Arborites. Giant tree's of great strength imbued with a wise mind and a fierce love for the world of Natus. They would serve as protectors against anyone who would try to harm the planet, and guide the lost back home and safely out of any danger.

But with that, Natus would sit and conserve his energy. He did not want to exert himself while his sibling of death still lay dorment. It would be best to save the rest of his energy.

Natus creates a race of Giant tree people - The Arborites. Their purpose to to protect and tend to the nature of Natus. They will also guide lost travelers back home.

Store Act 2

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 01, 2010, 12:09:54 pm »

The meeting ended, Dragnar returns to his library. There he watches the universe, observing the creations of the other gods as he awaits the arrival of a god of death. This pain must end, and soon, before Xarn's mind breaks under the stress and dooms everything.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 02, 2010, 05:27:37 am »

The Chained God rips a permanent hole in the Foundation, one that will let him pull in things from beyond this existence.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
-- 3 acts

Coradin creates the Morai, a species of nomads and scavengers living in the ship armada.
Coradin creates beasts-of-burden for the Morai, creatures that do not need to breathe, eat, or drink, which carry them from ship to ship

Gheronaton saves his acts (Could you put it in bold next time? I almost missed it.)

Luna creates Elysians
Luna stores an act

Carnis Creates the Rooms of the Forgotten from a chunk of obsidian! 2 acts
Carnis Creates Reaver and Hera to lead dead souls to their rooms! 2 acts

Satae saves her acts

Natus creates a race of Giant tree people - The Arborites.
Natus saves one act

Dragnar saves his acts

Elan saves his acts

Alex saves his acts

Once- Twice- Three strokes of pain, and then over again. Giving birth was hard, but she knew she had to. Whatever made her carry a child, saved her life. Above her one of the constellations, seen past the dim light of Maia, was glowing especially brightly; One that normally seemed weak and distant..

Xarn dreamed it. He had found the solution, a way to solve the pain, with or without the Gods. His dreams had revealed how the other Gods had attempted to help him, doing their best to find solutions to his torment. He also knew that they did not work, but that did not matter. His earlier ventures had taught him that for the souls to be in their grasp, they ought to leave their bodies first. He already suspected when ferals burned up in magma were reborn, whilst ones torn apart didn't. There was no God of Death to pull the dead out of their mortal shells, so he had to destroy them instead... His dreams were dark and lonely, and he shivered. His toughened scales scraped past the hole in the Essence, making it even larger...

It is a girl! It is- The woman went quiet, handing the baby to her mother. She held it to her, a child that felt cold, but that breathed nonetheless.

Oh yes, she would love her child...

The librarians furiously started writing on a new record. The name; Poena, "Punishment"

Two Gods were in peril. One was fading away, slowly drifting back to the Essence. The other wasn't doing anything, simply watching, his bonds with the Essence and the void feeding more and more power into him. Neither knew that they were slowly killing themselves..

The pain slowly left the Gods, Xarn's fist shining brightly enough as to temporarily blind them. The souls that had been freed from their mortal shells were cared for quickly, whether by revivification or transcendence into a new form. Those that hadn't were still bound to pain and suffering.

On Natus, the fallen stone guardians, myriad spirits and Arborites had developed hostilities with one another. The spirits, in attempts to make way for their trapped emotions, started tricking the others into believing that they were a danger to one another. The Morai started their lives, moving from debris to debris, traversing the empty space in between with their animals. Food they barely had, but it seemed to work out.

The hole in the Essence had grown, and through were pushed not one, but two Gods of death. One of them created from the very fabric of the essence, the other a dead God from a dead universe, they were born as twins, greeted by a horrible pain. Following them came another God, slipping through the hole before it closed. This action robbed him of his strength, for now, but this God too would be capable to create in due time.

The mercy of Xarn: The woman he had previously saved has given birth to a girl, Poena.
There are now regular skirmishes between the inhabitants of Natus
Elan and Alex are slowly dying, unless they start doing something.
Galt and Aarrook were 'born' from the essence as twins. They both only get one act this turn.
Frandor slipped through behind Galt and Aarrook Frandor starts this turn without acts, but in existence.

A universe without death
The pain is gone, except for the new Gods of death.
Xarn's situation in unknown, his pain no longer noticeable by the older Gods.
Mortals' souls will only be available to the normal Gods' 'solutions' if their body is entire destroyed.
The gap in the essence has closed.
The situation will still worsen every turn unless the Gods of death find a way to end mortal lifes. (Without the constant need of total destruction of their bodies.)

Code: [Select]
Acts:
Luna: 3
Natus: 4
Coradin: 3
Gheronaton: 3
Alex: 6 (His inactivity is making him fade out of the universe.)
Elan: 8 (His amount of acts is about to kill him.)
Carnis: -2 (No harm)
Satae: 5
"The Chained God": 2
Dragnar: 5
Frandor: 0
Aarrook: 1
Galt: 1

You know how it works; PM me or post in the OOC thread if you've got any comments/think I forgot something/similar things.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 04:10:45 pm by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 02, 2010, 07:14:40 am »

"Gah..! What just...", Aarrook said when he was reborn in this world. "My vision blurred... but this is not my home! This land is nothing like I remembered! Now, I awake and see nothing of worth. Where is Paradise, it is nowhere to be seen. Where is my people, and the great star that controlled the universe! None of this is here..." Aarrook turned, and realized a feeling he had never felt before. The feeling was pain. It was just a sensation, one which mildly bothered him. He turned around, and realized a unearthly problem. This pain originated from something.

And so he let his mind gather. He saw a man, dying and then being reborn. He saw two figures leading a man, which was holding his arm, to a room. Aarrook learned of the problem... the universe was without death. Souls were just being used, like the matter of the universe itself was only minor. The visions continued. He saw a meeting, between gods. They were talking of solutions. One, wanting to make a system of reincarnate, made the others do the same. A god was even this incompetant? He realized the only solution which was possible. The Seeker of Paradise was beginning to start the worlds first true system of death.

Aarrook gathered his latent energies. With the energy he had, he created a place in a space empty of all energies of the world. This was his first creation in this plane, known as The Well of Souls. It served as a cause of death, to rid this universe of souls. Upon death, souls will have to fly through this place before reincarnation. The very essence of this well, however, caused souls to degrade, which eventually destroys them. With his mind considering the possibilities, he realized that about 90% of souls would be destroyed by this, and that the damage to the souls would repair next to instantly once they managed to escape. So there was a end to souls, and in a way to still allow them to reincarnate. For now, Aarrook waited for his fellow gods, even to just greet him. He shall wait in the Hall he saw, and may the Gods at least try to find him.

Aarrook creates the The Well of Souls, which souls must pass through before they may reincarnate. 90% of souls will be destroyed in the Well, due to its corrosive properties versus souls.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 09:24:47 am by Humaan »
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 02, 2010, 09:21:31 am »

Carnis was growing rather tired. He felt... Corrupted. Lifeless. Dead. He set himself a massive palce on the bright side of the Coin and fell asleep.

Carnis rests.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 02, 2010, 04:58:51 pm »

Peacefully, a family of the Aether elves dwelled in the shade of a huge, broad leafed tree, living in the gentle twilight of the the shimmering lands and beneath the stars. The elder among them had noted one to be unusually bright as of late. They spent their time quietly, the elders reminiscing, the adults gathering plants and berries to make into food, and the children playing with one another or helping their parents. But there were more besides elves in that land.

A child’s scream split the peaceful air. There was the rustling of plants, and a pounding through the sands. A small girl came running, sobbing as she was pursued by the ghostly image of some monstrous beast man. It snarled savagely as it lashed out at the girl in an animalistic rage. The elves there, though they were not warriors and facing this ghost of a beast, snatched up whatever implements they had at hand. Clubs, farming implements, even just branches and rocks. They rushed at the spirit of the feral and struck out at it. The feral’s incorporeal body was hard to strike, and each blow did little harm. But the sheer number of attacks coming at it intimidated the ghostly beast, and it turned to flee with a whimper.

From a distance, Luna watched the brief struggle, shaking her head. It seemed that not all of these feral spirits were peaceful. She needed to do something about them, and soon. Fortunately, two gods of death had arrived, meaning that the soul issue would soon be resolved, which left her open to handle this issue. She reached forth with her power, and sent dreams to all the feral spirits. In the dream, she guided them to gather on the mountains, and promised them peace and guidance should they answer. She knew that many would, and she could help them then. But many would not, and the elves would need a way to defend themselves from them.

Luna reached out, and took a piece of the crystal. She didn’t empower it directly, but showed the elves how to imbue it with energy from Maia. With the stored energy, the weapons crafted from the crystal would be more potent, against the spirits in particular. She hoped that this would allow the elves to defend themselves against the violent apparitions.

She also considered the solution that Aarrook provided to deal with the spirits. The thought of sending 90% of her people’s souls to be destroyed distraught her though. She hoped that the other god of death would provide a more merciful solution, so she wouldn’t be faced with making such a sacrifice.

Act 1: Send dreams to all the feral spirits to guide them to a point on the mountain.

Act 2: Teach the elves how to imbue crystals with starlight energy, making them more effective against hostile spirits and such.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 02, 2010, 06:37:28 pm »

Dragnar sighed in relief as the pain faded, though he felt sorry for the new gods of death who must bear it for some time longer. Now, with all immediate problems out of the way, he turns t the worlds of the other gods. On each planet he places a single portal, leading to his library. Any mortal may enter, and learn from the knowledge contained within, but first they must reach them. To defend the portals against the unworthy he surrounds each with a massive fortress, filled with traps and violent monsters. This done, Dragnar returns to his library disguised as a mere caretaker, curious to see which mortal species is the first to produce a hero strong and wise enough to traverse the many traps and reach him.

Dragnar creates portals to his library on every planet.
Dragnar creates fortresses around the portals to serve as tests for those who seek to enter.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 03, 2010, 01:31:14 am »

Galt shudder, staggering in their flight as their individually insignificant brains take the strain of the otherwise alien concept of pain from Xarn. Some thousands of Galt's number recieve the brunt, and peel away from Them, dead. Their ablative sacrafice cause their essence to become corporeal, and these lumps of lapis laxuli are shifted by the cosmic winds into position as an asteroid belt. Freed from the strange burden of pain,  Their mind-eyes, multifaceted so as to see the every detail of the cosmos from every perspective, see the work of the other Gods, and see that it is insufficient.

Galt come to a consensus. They had begun in such a universe as this; a reality without a means of disposal for its souls. Galt were the souls  left ungathered, alamgamated into their own deity, and Galt still was not full. Galt would provide the vagrant souls lodging within his substance; each would become a dragonfly until it was required again for a new being. Such had it been in the first, and in all after it.

Galt transfer most of their portion of Xarn's pain into several thousand of their component dragonflies. The sacrificial dragonflies die, and are transformed into an asteroid belt of various blue gems and minerals, primarily lapis lazuli.

Galt create a system whereby any uncatered-for souls become a part of them for a time, existing as a dragonfly within them.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 03, 2010, 02:20:29 am »

The pain finally ebbed from the Voidwalker, and the Watcher's magical wards activated, healing it. Now that there were finally gods of death, The Chained God could finally begin its work. It consulted its tome for the right chants and words, and let the power, the sheer divine might that enabled it and its kin to shape the Void itself, flow through it. The magical probes ensnared its catch, and the magical tendril retracted from the cold, cold void into the relative safety of that universe. A great black beast, its body shifting and reforming itself as it tried to break its bonds, was what it had taken from some other forsaken universe this time. BLACKLIGHT, it was called. If the Voidwalker had a mouth, it would have smiled. This magnificent beast, this amalgam of memories experiences and consciousnesses, was perfect for what it had in mind. It put BLACKLIGHT on Ss'Vadgrin. It immediately fell into stasis, slumbering on the blasted plains that would be its new home. Next, The Chained God began to pull the threads of the Void together, crafting a great ship that the Morai, the scavengers and nomads, would be inexplicably drawn to. It lay on Ss'Vadgrin as the god rested, scheming and plotting for the future.

The Chained God summons BLACKLIGHT, a powerful biological entity that consumes living beings. When it does so, it gains all the memories, experiences and abilities of what it had consumed. It can manipulate its body to adapt to the circumstances, growing claws, whip-like appendages, growing muscles, and a million different things. It is many times stronger and adaptable than any human can hope to be, and it can even heal outside of combat. BLACKLIGHT is put into stasis for later use. It also makes a great starship, one that draws the attention of the Morai when it's in space.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #134 on: May 03, 2010, 03:48:16 am »

...Damn, I forgot to say I was going on holiday, didn't I?
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 56