Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: "Friendship" enchancer ver 1.4 for 31.13  (Read 36605 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: "Friendship" enchancer ver 1.(1) for 31.08
« Reply #90 on: July 19, 2010, 04:43:19 pm »

Really nifty tool you got here. Ran into a few problems though;

I can't choose humans or anything else than dwarves as soldiers or as nobles. Can't see them in any menu either, which makes it a bit difficult to manage. Not sure if this is an error on my side, maybe not yet supported by this tool.
Also, can't you choose to make certain pets available during the embark screen? Shit would be hilarious if I could buy a dragon or two at launch. Nevermind this. The search function is equally as nifty as this pearl.
Yeah the first part works if you enabled it just before embark (in the map). I think later (then the creatures have offsprings) they will be allowed to get manager and military positions. My current fort has goblin squad and gremlin chief medic :)
still wonder why the offset doesn't work?
is it that I tried 10 offsets on a 09 and broke the program?
or is it that -f might not work with SDL version of DF?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 19, 2010, 05:33:35 pm »

hmz both are not possible actually SDL is prefered version and offsets are not read if you use -f (which overwrited them) try deleting the offsets.txt and running with "-f" from command line. Post what the program writes here.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2010, 02:22:28 am »

hope this helps.
"body swapping and YOU!"

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2010, 02:58:39 am »

it shows that found everything just fine. Dunno try running with admin rights.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2010, 11:06:17 am »

I really didn't get by what you said delete offset so I tried clearing the stuff in side and deleting it the file entirely still didn't work.
"body swapping and YOU!"

The Mad Engineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Tock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2010, 05:04:29 pm »

Is there any way that I could make this work if I have another mod installed that allows me to play as something other than dwarves?  Everything seems to work fine until my fortress crumbles to its end immediately after running the utility...

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2010, 09:57:22 pm »

Is there any way that I could make this work if I have another mod installed that allows me to play as something other than dwarves?  Everything seems to work fine until my fortress crumbles to its end immediately after running the utility...
what mod did you used? because the only known way for that to happen is if you swap to a different race with out having them in your civ or doing so with out doing slavery first.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 10:10:44 pm by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 22, 2010, 08:52:30 am »

An interesting discovery: this utility combined with Runesmith allows you to port your Adventure Mode characters directly into Fortress Mode, by retiring them in a settlement, and embarking atop it. I just tested it with the most unusual set-up I could think of; an Elven adventurer who "rested a while as a peasant" at a Kobold cave. I embarked atop it, and used Runesmith to make the Elf Tame, and this utility to enable Elven Slavery. The end result was that my adventurer became a member of the Dwarven civilization, could be given any dwarven work, ate food and slept, retained all his adventure mode skills/equipment, and could be appointed to military or noble positions. It also revealed my adventurer's personality, likes/dislikes, and so on, which are hidden in adventure mode. This opens up some interesting possibilities!

It wasn't perfect though; the elf would not form any relationship good or bad with any of the dwarves. Past modding experience indicates that grudges/friendships are limited to race, and may be permanently stuck at their default for non-civ races. Not certain on that though. Also unfortunate, after abandoning the site, the adventurer was corrupted; though visible in the Adventure Mode start screen, the site to which he belonged was non-existant (since I'd abandoned) and upon trying to load, DF crashed saying "Adventure Location Data Missing/Corrupted" or something of the sort. This means that once you turn them to civilization entities, you can't turn them back.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 08:54:28 am by Solifuge »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 23, 2010, 02:59:24 pm »

An interesting discovery: this utility combined with Runesmith allows you to port your Adventure Mode characters directly into Fortress Mode, by retiring them in a settlement, and embarking atop it. I just tested it with the most unusual set-up I could think of; an Elven adventurer who "rested a while as a peasant" at a Kobold cave. I embarked atop it, and used Runesmith to make the Elf Tame, and this utility to enable Elven Slavery. The end result was that my adventurer became a member of the Dwarven civilization, could be given any dwarven work, ate food and slept, retained all his adventure mode skills/equipment, and could be appointed to military or noble positions. It also revealed my adventurer's personality, likes/dislikes, and so on, which are hidden in adventure mode. This opens up some interesting possibilities!

It wasn't perfect though; the elf would not form any relationship good or bad with any of the dwarves. Past modding experience indicates that grudges/friendships are limited to race, and may be permanently stuck at their default for non-civ races. Not certain on that though. Also unfortunate, after abandoning the site, the adventurer was corrupted; though visible in the Adventure Mode start screen, the site to which he belonged was non-existant (since I'd abandoned) and upon trying to load, DF crashed saying "Adventure Location Data Missing/Corrupted" or something of the sort. This means that once you turn them to civilization entities, you can't turn them back.
I found out this in 40d16, the trick is to before you abandon return the adventurer to their civ they came from. the way to do it is well you need to swap to the town civ and s(t)eal back the adventurer the only thing is daruis completely rewrote his utility to be about races than civs so it's pretty  minimum at best.  wait a kobold camp I have not dump nor settle in one of those civs so I can't say about those but you can regain your adventurer if you dump them in a human,goblin, elven town.
"body swapping and YOU!"

armrha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 26, 2010, 09:00:44 pm »

As Solifuge found out, you can port my adventurers over using runesmith but they aren't listed as 'candidates' for military commander positions. I thought the friendship tool might work to get their allegiances jogged but I'm not sure if it is actually doing anything in 3.0.12. Anyone know what memory offsets or flags are responsible for whether a creature is a 'candidate' for military captain/command or not?

To get an adventurer to do basic labor, I have done the following:

1) Make the adventurer (dwarven)
2) Retire him in a human town
3) Embark in that town
4) Use runesmith to make him as 'Tame'
5) Use runesmith to remove 'Tame' designation

The adventurer will then have the ability to be assigned any labor, but can't be assigned any position like some kind of legendary second-class citizen. Anyway, kind of my pet project for now is getting my military squads led by my awesome adventurer dudes, so any help or advice would be appreciated...

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 26, 2010, 11:46:07 pm »

As Solifuge found out, you can port my adventurers over using runesmith but they aren't listed as 'candidates' for military commander positions. I thought the friendship tool might work to get their allegiances jogged but I'm not sure if it is actually doing anything in 3.0.12. Anyone know what memory offsets or flags are responsible for whether a creature is a 'candidate' for military captain/command or not?

To get an adventurer to do basic labor, I have done the following:

1) Make the adventurer (dwarven)
2) Retire him in a human town
3) Embark in that town
4) Use runesmith to make him as 'Tame'
5) Use runesmith to remove 'Tame' designation

The adventurer will then have the ability to be assigned any labor, but can't be assigned any position like some kind of legendary second-class citizen. Anyway, kind of my pet project for now is getting my military squads led by my awesome adventurer dudes, so any help or advice would be appreciated...
well I haven't got into finding work around for military and noble options as of yet due to my main goal of getting an adventurer have a son/daughter in 31.10 
but do the adventurer revert to their normal state when you remove their tame tags because mine does.
so this must either be a 31.12 thing. the only thing I can point you towards is the embark hack option for darius said that combined with (s)lavery at embark could grant your other races options to noble status and military commander rights. so maybe this with a embark of human and dwarf settlers could spark fit that.
"body swapping and YOU!"

armrha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 27, 2010, 12:35:07 pm »

Yeah, I just tried it with .12 and got no joy; Tame reverts back. It must have been unique to .08. I'll try that, though, and report the results of the embark change...

Brzhk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 28, 2010, 10:36:30 am »

Any update on 31.12 support? :)

That would help me a lot.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 28, 2010, 11:51:04 am »

well you could attempt to use the -f in the CMD window on the new version to get offsets for friendship. which makes me wonder did he add that type of programing in his older 40d slavery enhancer.
"body swapping and YOU!"

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 28, 2010, 05:02:39 pm »

well you could attempt to use the -f in the CMD window on the new version to get offsets for friendship. which makes me wonder did he add that type of programing in his older 40d slavery enhancer.
Yeah that lazy bastard!... oh wait thats me :D simply because i was (am) a hacking noob and that was a program hacked up very fast and can fall apart any time. Also it needs more work.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10