Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: "Friendship" enchancer ver 1.4 for 31.13  (Read 36615 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: "Friendship" enchancer ver 1.(1) for 31.08
« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2010, 06:09:06 pm »

Did you do these steps?
   1. Add [COMMON_DOMESTIC][PET] to creature of choice
   2. Gen world
   3. Embark and buy as much as you want of that creature
   4. Edit raws in save directory and remove [COMMON_DOMESTIC][PET]
So... the embark option only lets me buy new pets? Then how come embark.txt lists DWARF like five times?
Yes, it lets you by the 'mans as pets.

What? I have no idea what you are talking about. I never said anything about embark.txt. I don't see how embark.txt relates to the steps I posted.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2010, 07:31:23 pm »

I added several beast races to the races txt and they're still not doing any work... I'm pretty sure I genned a new world after I edited the file.
No regen needed. But you need to turn on labours for them (e.g. cooking) in labour menu. If it does not work check version (try running with '-f' to auto find needed offsets), try only 'enable labours' (should only turn on labour selection for those in races.txt) if it works, but (s)lavery does not then i'm out of options.

Solace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2010, 08:54:48 pm »

I never said anything about embark.txt. I don't see how embark.txt relates to the steps I posted.
... embark.txt does not... have anything to do with the embark command... what's it for then?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2010, 09:21:46 pm »

I never said anything about embark.txt. I don't see how embark.txt relates to the steps I posted.
... embark.txt does not... have anything to do with the embark command... what's it for then?
The steps I posted have nothing to do with both the embark command and embark.txt. The steps I posted don't even use the command.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 07, 2010, 02:53:13 am »

I will try to clear things up... Here goes:
There are two ways you can get non-dwarfs in embark party. First new way:
  • Edit embark.txt and add remove lines with tokens of creatures you want. Must be at least seven!
  • Gen world (if you have one genned skip)
  • when selecting where to place fort run friendship.exe and press 'm' for embark in friendship.
  • embark in DF. Party should consist of your creatures. Now if you select prepare carefully you can edit their skills
Old way:
   1. Add [COMMON_DOMESTIC][PET] to creature of choice
   2. Gen world
   3. Embark and buy as much as you want of that creature
   4. Edit raws in save directory and remove [COMMON_DOMESTIC][PET]
This way you get all those creatures as pets.

After first or second way you still need to use (s)lavery option in the exe. And may still need to use (e)nable labours. If program fails, try running from console (win+r type cmd, and run from there). You may need to use '-f' option to autodetect offsets (e.g. "c:\games\df\friendship.exe" -f ) first.

Tabithda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2010, 04:19:26 pm »

Could someone please post the offsets for 0.31.10? I tried using the -f command to update them myself but I guess I did something wrong as it did not work.

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2010, 04:51:06 pm »

SDL version in first post spoilers. Legacy: try running game into arena mode and then try -f

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2010, 02:10:09 am »

just try the offsets on both 0.9 and 0.10 and they both don't work.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 17, 2010, 06:27:51 am »

Did you try finding offset yourself? The offsets for 0.10 worked for me. Can't think of a reason why they would not for everyone else.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 17, 2010, 08:15:38 am »

i try that too yet it doesn't even give or edit the offset file.
I found out it repeats the same response(starting menu) per character if the character isn't the one hook up to a command, like wtyu would give 4 start  menu lines.

every time I input f- or -f it gives me 2 lines of the start menu.
"body swapping and YOU!"

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2010, 08:29:18 am »

-f should be used before starting (e.g. win+r-> "c:\games\DF\friendship.exe" -f) maybe i was not clear about that. And probably should add as an option to the menu (and make a normal gui...) oh and if you use it with -f remember to be in arena mode.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 17, 2010, 09:22:19 am »

AHA! Found it, I was looking for this thing all day long yesterday. Thank you posting que.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 17, 2010, 11:03:04 am »

-f should be used before starting (e.g. win+r-> "c:\games\DF\friendship.exe" -f) maybe i was not clear about that. And probably should add as an option to the menu (and make a normal gui...) oh and if you use it with -f remember to be in arena mode.
yeah cmd? really no wonder.

fake edit: so many hoops to jump still can't get through.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Jonlissla

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 19, 2010, 10:51:29 am »

Really nifty tool you got here. Ran into a few problems though;

I can't choose humans or anything else than dwarves as soldiers or as nobles. Can't see them in any menu either, which makes it a bit difficult to manage. Not sure if this is an error on my side, maybe not yet supported by this tool.
Also, can't you choose to make certain pets available during the embark screen? Shit would be hilarious if I could buy a dragon or two at launch. Nevermind this. The search function is equally as nifty as this pearl.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 11:07:05 am by Jonlissla »

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 19, 2010, 03:25:01 pm »

Really nifty tool you got here. Ran into a few problems though;

I can't choose humans or anything else than dwarves as soldiers or as nobles. Can't see them in any menu either, which makes it a bit difficult to manage. Not sure if this is an error on my side, maybe not yet supported by this tool.
Also, can't you choose to make certain pets available during the embark screen? Shit would be hilarious if I could buy a dragon or two at launch. Nevermind this. The search function is equally as nifty as this pearl.
Yeah the first part works if you enabled it just before embark (in the map). I think later (then the creatures have offsprings) they will be allowed to get manager and military positions. My current fort has goblin squad and gremlin chief medic :)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10