Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: "Friendship" enchancer ver 1.4 for 31.13  (Read 36568 times)

s20dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "Friendship" enchancer ver 1 for 31.08
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2010, 09:10:33 pm »

Im trying to get this tool working, it sounds interesting :)  Ive managed to embark with a load of humans, dwarves, elves and some Ironmen guards ;) They all seem to be fine except for the fact that I can't mine....   Thats using a dwarf or any other race. My Dwarf miner is standing over the stockpile attempting to pickup his pick.

EDIT/ I just tried again by changing my race. It worked for a while, I got a load of Ironmen immigrants, then everyone went to sleep out in the rain and never woke up, hehe.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 09:58:26 pm by s20dan »

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2010, 03:05:50 am »

Whoa interesting... Did you use the 's' option?

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2010, 07:30:37 am »

So can I use the (e) option to make say, firemen that I tamed with Runesmith work? And will the (e) option mess up the checksum like the (s) option?
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2010, 09:11:49 am »

(e) only allows to change labours for any creature. The creature does those jobs or not depends on something else. And yes that will mess up the checksum. So first tame them then use Runesmith. Or didn't test but you may run Runesmith connect and then use Friendship enhancer- maybe it will not revalidate checksum? (you should probably know...)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2010, 09:46:40 am »

So can I use the (e) option to make say, firemen that I tamed with Runesmith work? And will the (e) option mess up the checksum like the (s) option?
I tested this and I have to say it works but slavery enhancer has a slight glitch(if you could say that) that would 'enhance' everything and everyone under the race list. so you would have normal human slaves for the mines then bam you end up with super humans with the ability to breath dragonfire, shoot webs and fireballs out their hands still that's nothing that drastic seeing you could still RuneSnuff the craze locals while paused
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2010, 10:15:30 am »

I tested this and I have to say it works but slavery enhancer has a slight glitch(if you could say that) that would 'enhance' everything and everyone under the race list. so you would have normal human slaves for the mines then bam you end up with super humans with the ability to breath dragonfire, shoot webs and fireballs out their hands still that's nothing that drastic seeing you could still RuneSnuff the craze locals while paused

RuneSnuff... I really like that...
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

s20dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2010, 07:50:06 pm »

I used (s)lavery yes, also used the (e)nable labours one.   The main problem is if I embark with a few different races and use (e) then it stops my dwarves from mining. I can embark with the races fine but without (e) then they won't do any work.

So does anyone have any ideas for getting it to work?

Cheers.

Solace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2010, 11:08:29 pm »

This sounds interesting but just doesn't seem to work for me. Is there a special time you have to use the different options? I've filled out the txt and used the different options in various circumstances, but I can't seem to make anything it does work.

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2010, 09:31:44 am »

Well apart from e(m)bark all other are meant to be used in game (embark is used when choosing embark location)
As for enable labours: i will look into it.

s20dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2010, 10:59:19 am »

Well apart from e(m)bark all other are meant to be used in game (embark is used when choosing embark location)

So does that mean that its wrong to use (e)nable labor and (s)lavery at embark?  Because I have been using those options at the beginning along with e(m)bark.
Cheers.

This sounds interesting but just doesn't seem to work for me. Is there a special time you have to use the different options? I've filled out the txt and used the different options in various circumstances, but I can't seem to make anything it does work.

Once you have found your location in  game that you will embark on, before pressing E for embark, alt-tab and run the App.  Choose the e(m)bark option. If you chose any crazy races like ironmen or any other animal, then you will need to use (e)nable labor, but this is where I have been failing.

What I have managed to get working though is choosing a load of humans, elves and dwarves then choosing (s)lavery and this seems to work, but you won't have any Ironmen to guard your fort. At least none that you could control.

If you enable slavery and the labors, then you can even choose those Ironmen to be Nobles! (Ironman Military Commander!) Which is very cool, but it doesn't work for me correctly, as when I do this my dwarves stop mining; they simply refuse to get the equipment.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 11:05:58 am by s20dan »

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2010, 12:17:04 pm »

So does that mean that its wrong to use (e)nable labor and (s)lavery at embark?  Because I have been using those options at the beginning along with e(m)bark.
Cheers.

Once you have found your location in  game that you will embark on, before pressing E for embark, alt-tab and run the App.  Choose the e(m)bark option. If you chose any crazy races like ironmen or any other animal, then you will need to use (e)nable labor, but this is where I have been failing.

What I have managed to get working though is choosing a load of humans, elves and dwarves then choosing (s)lavery and this seems to work, but you won't have any Ironmen to guard your fort. At least none that you could control.

If you enable slavery and the labors, then you can even choose those Ironmen to be Nobles! (Ironman Military Commander!) Which is very cool, but it doesn't work for me correctly, as when I do this my dwarves stop mining; they simply refuse to get the equipment.

Well you can run it anytime, if it fails it will report it into command line. Prob only enable labours does not need anything. Other need at least embark location select screen (because they use races, and if races are not loaded then they will fail)

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
Re: "Friendship" enchancer ver 1.(1) for 31.08
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2010, 04:35:42 pm »

Yeah... that part about enable labours being safe was a .... mistake. As it turns out i made it report all flags a random value (fire throwing dwarves was the result). Now it edits only those creatures that are in races.txt (btw if someone needs it, i could make it by caste). Also will fix first post with more... normal instructions.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2010, 04:53:51 pm »

Yeah... that part about enable labours being safe was a .... mistake. As it turns out i made it report all flags a random value (fire throwing dwarves was the result). Now it edits only those creatures that are in races.txt (btw if someone needs it, i could make it by caste). Also will fix first post with more... normal instructions.
I say keep the random slap of flags in for the FUN of it all.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Solace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2010, 01:42:14 pm »

Yeaaah, I'm getting nothing. Running it during embark doesn't work, and I have yet to get a non-dwarf migrant or any of those in a cage. Since I've gotten none I don't know if the labors work.

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2010, 04:34:46 pm »

:-\ are you sure your using 31.08 and my mistake not to point this out but: Sdl version. (didn't try "-f" on legacy it should work too...)
Also try it in console (that is win+r type cmd, then cd to your folder and run the program...) maybe some error blinks too fast too notice?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10