Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bling sutures! why you little....  (Read 2071 times)

TigerPlushie

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_DRAMA]
    • View Profile
Bling sutures! why you little....
« on: April 27, 2010, 03:06:09 am »

I'm running in a bit of trouble in my most recent fort.

It's usually not just a problem but a series of problems that run together all at once. After I established my magma workshops down at the sea and turning some of that precious adamantine into strands and wafers, the goblins came. My army didn't have too much of a problem with them... at least after they intruded into our fortress entrance and hurt/killed a few people.

Luckily I have a giant hospital with lots of beds so every person resting found a place to sleep. It took some time for my meds to realize, that there are people hurt but as soon as they noticed the big washing, bandaging and suturing began... and with it... woes!

I noticed it when I read, that my wafer smelting was cancelled due to lack of strands... which can't be, since I pretty much had my production balanced. I checked it out but found nothing wrong, when I found a guy running around with a roll of adamantine strands... To the hospital! In fact, our doctor was happily applying adamantine sutures to a patient, that had numerous open wounds! Damnit, if only I had grown pig tail before!

Maybe I should call a taxidermist, stuff that guy and put him into our dining hall... He'd outprice a steel statue! Okay, given, I bet sutures of shining adamantine do make the ladies go "oooh!"

(note: despite the big amount of bling thread, there was no soap and after some time a soldier died from a nasty infection)
Dwarf cancelled making adamantium short sword: Strange mood.
Dwarf has entered a marital trance!
Dwarf has claimed a bedroom.

Shiv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bling sutures! why you little....
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 03:14:57 am »

But did you harvest the sutures back?  "Butcher a dead dwarf" would be nice.
I still don't think I'm crazy enough to play this game properly.

Bishop36

• Bay Watcher
  • It is known.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 03:26:10 am »

I like this concept.
"Things that make noise should never be sold to small children. Only adults can handle that responsibility."

-Justin from Left-Hand Toons

wallie79r

• Bay Watcher
  • Ravenous Seal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 04:17:24 am »

Dr McUrist says:
Gentlemen, We can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first adamantine dwarf. Urist McInjured will be that dwarf. We can make him better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster, shinier.
This world will burn and with it end the reign of man, a mercy stroke!

o_O[WTFace]

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 04:29:32 am »

Somehow I feel like those poor helpless little strands are lost for ever.  On the other hand, admantine is magma safe and meat is not so thats a potential separation mechanism. 

Hmm, Healthy Dwarf + many, many sutures = battlemech?
...likes Dwarf Fortresses for their terrifying features...

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 04:29:41 am »

Dr McUrist says:
Gentlemen, We can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first adamantine dwarf. Urist McInjured will be that dwarf. We can make him better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster, shinier.

Well I lol'd.
Que harder, better, faster, stronger by daft punk.

TigerPlushie

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_DRAMA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 07:28:36 am »

Huh, well, I better just stop producing strands until I got my hospital packed with pig tail threads...

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 07:37:37 am »

I'm running in a bit of trouble in my most recent fort.

It's usually not just a problem but a series of problems that run together all at once. After I established my magma workshops down at the sea and turning some of that precious adamantine into strands and wafers, the goblins came. My army didn't have too much of a problem with them... at least after they intruded into our fortress entrance and hurt/killed a few people.

Luckily I have a giant hospital with lots of beds so every person resting found a place to sleep. It took some time for my meds to realize, that there are people hurt but as soon as they noticed the big washing, bandaging and suturing began... and with it... woes!

I noticed it when I read, that my wafer smelting was cancelled due to lack of strands... which can't be, since I pretty much had my production balanced. I checked it out but found nothing wrong, when I found a guy running around with a roll of adamantine strands... To the hospital! In fact, our doctor was happily applying adamantine sutures to a patient, that had numerous open wounds! Damnit, if only I had grown pig tail before!

Maybe I should call a taxidermist, stuff that guy and put him into our dining hall... He'd outprice a steel statue! Okay, given, I bet sutures of shining adamantine do make the ladies go "oooh!"

(note: despite the big amount of bling thread, there was no soap and after some time a soldier died from a nasty infection)

sigh

i wonder if anyone ever made a thread about this before

Halceon

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:vile machinations]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 07:56:00 am »

That... that is an awesome pun.
I'm looking for your fort, maybe. Find out - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=124606.0
ág sôd onol nekik
edir thol, kor egar
    berdan kälán
    alod kodor
absam abal aroth limul

TigerPlushie

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_DRAMA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 08:15:17 am »

That... that is an awesome pun.

1. sorry?
2. lol

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2010, 08:23:52 am »

I had a similar experience when I ordered up some rock swords.  Instead of grabbing obsidian they grabbed raw adamantine.

Ilmoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2010, 08:48:44 am »

Huh, well, I better just stop producing strands until I got my hospital packed with pig tail threads...

Apparently doctors grab the most expensive thread they can.  Either lock doors, or use burrows, to keep them from grabbng the admantine thread.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2010, 11:01:54 am »

Apparently doctors grab the most expensive thread they can.  Either lock doors, or use burrows, to keep them from grabbng the admantine thread.

:'( WHY COULDN'T THEY USE THE CHEAP STUFF? :'(

Also, I knew that this thread would be about adamantine sutures when I saw it.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

analog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 01:32:37 pm »

I've been steadily churning out golden splints and crutches by my grand master blacksmith. With the current abundance of minerals it's better to use wood for beds and it does make my dwarves that more dwarfy when they run around decked out in gold. Only problem is I haven't gotten any broken bones yet...  :-\
A dwarf is a short, bearded, drunk embodiment of Survival of the Fittest, chasing you around and admiring your haunting moos.

Ilmoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2010, 01:33:10 pm »

I've been steadily churning out golden splints and crutches by my grand master blacksmith. With the current abundance of minerals it's better to use wood for beds and it does make my dwarves that more dwarfy when they run around decked out in gold. Only problem is I haven't gotten any broken bones yet...  :-\

A solid gold crutch sounds like a VERY bad idea.
Pages: [1] 2