Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: A Emotion-Free System of Ethics  (Read 4663 times)

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Emotion-Free System of Ethics
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2010, 04:44:34 am »

The thing with logic is that it can only derive information from other information. Ultimately, a logical idea must be derived from unlogical ideas, or be circular. Only real measure of logic of a system is that it doesn't contradict itself.
A perfectly logical actor would be completely indifferent. It would either be completely erratic or not do anything; It could perfectly analyze any action and its consecuenses, but it would have no system to put them in order of desirability.
There is no such thing as perfectly rational ethics.
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Emotion-Free System of Ethics
« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2010, 10:16:26 pm »

But inaction results in deterioration which impedes logical ability, which would fail the nature of the entity, kind of... It isn't perfect but it is better than an emotional system which has proven to be sufficiently erratic that it creates massive amounts of emotional anguish.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]