Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23

Author Topic: Stephen Hawking is afraid of aliens  (Read 18750 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: Stephen Hawking is afraid of aliens
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2010, 05:36:12 pm »

high hive-morality
?
We do have high hive-morality... Do unto others and whatnot. Or in other cases, if someone kills a neighbor or even another human who you did not know, and you will get upset about it, despite it having no actual effect on yourself or your wellbeing.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2010, 05:37:57 pm »

Um. Humans are extremely xenophobic, agressive,shortsighted, narrow-minded, high hive-morality when it comes to conflict. If anyone should be worried about fidning agressive aliens, it's these other species.

Gives you a perverse sense of pride, doesn't it? Go us.

If we are very unlucky: We will encounter extremely advanced hostile aliens, that want us only for our bodies...

See, no matter how mind bogglingly different aliens could be I have trouble believing they would want to enslave us and start some prostitution racket.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2010, 05:46:56 pm »

If we are very unlucky: We will encounter extremely advanced hostile aliens, that want us only for our bodies...

See, no matter how mind bogglingly different aliens could be I have trouble believing they would want to enslave us and start some prostitution racket.

...That's not what I mean... *cue aliens from 'Alien' bursting out of random people's chests*
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2010, 06:00:13 pm »

...That's not what I mean... *cue aliens from 'Alien' bursting out of random people's chests*
Err, that's exactly what Jackrabbit said. Not to mention, no sane alien would entrust their young to the innards of nasty, diseased humans full of earth bacteria.

As for the reasons for strip mining a universe, there is one good reason I can think of: to build a computer.
A bit far fetched, but not impossible.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 06:05:56 pm by alway »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2010, 06:06:41 pm »

Err, that's exactly what Jackrabbit said. Not to mention, no sane alien would entrust their young to the innards of nasty, diseased humans full of earth bacteria.
...I thought he meant aliens actually... Mating with humans... :o

Well, you never know what aliens would want with our bodies. The could want our brains for their computers for all we know.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2010, 06:11:08 pm »

You were warned, and yet you did nothing!
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2010, 06:12:02 pm »

It could go either way.

You know those aliens.

The want our women,

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2010, 06:13:54 pm »

There is so much wrong in those last two posts that it makes it right.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2010, 06:17:52 pm »

You think that was bad? What if they want our men?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2010, 06:18:30 pm »

Really depends on the alien, but I'm up for it. You know. Depending.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2010, 06:19:25 pm »

It could go either way.

You know those aliens.

The want our women,
Actually... If you took the concept of eating one's (male) mate found in various earth species, and gave them intelligence, you may very well end up with a female dominated species. And to anthropomorphize a bit much here, if they passed on family names/titles similar to humans, they may well end up with a gender disparity as males would be not only vied for because of those seeking multiple matings, but also because of an unwillingness for a family to waste resources on offspring which will gain them little and only live long enough to mate once and die. So maybe... They want our men. Or at least for the first night, after which they will rip their heads off and devour them. As a side note, this would make a decent sci-fi plot, but would be pretty much impossible in real life.  :D

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2010, 06:33:47 pm »

Sounds like a Larry Niven novel.  (I hate that guy)

When you finally learn how advanced the puppeteer race really is, it becomes frightening how much control and power they actually have. They move the stars themselves because they fear space, however this fear of space also limits their technological advancements to planet-level and defensive uses.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2010, 06:45:33 pm »

On the subject of extremely advanced and ancient aliens, Sci-Fi has these all over the place. They are generally called the Precursors, Old Ones, and various permutations on the same meaning. Star Trek has these highly advanced aliens all over the place, although they are usually non-corporeal, having transcended mortal forms or changed dimensions long ago.

Who knows, maybe WE humans are the first ones to develop sapience, so maybe we are the Progenitors. However, given the fact that some dinosaur species had evolved pretty high intelligence, on par with some of the more advanced mammals, so if they had survived, maybe they would have developed civilizaton a couple of million years before we would have.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2010, 06:50:32 pm »

Universe is old.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2010, 06:54:00 pm »

Your mother.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23