Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Do you have any really weird dreams?  (Read 2289 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Do you have any really weird dreams?
« on: April 26, 2010, 10:31:53 am »

Today I had a really weird dream. I dreamt that the entire world was turned to metal (except for water and things in metal containers) by a virus that was picked up by someone in a canoe. (Maybe the virus was in the water?). And that isn't even the weird part. Then there were zombies. They could talk and stuff though. And if you painted the ground green they couldn't walk on it.

That is most of my weird dream.
So what really insane weird dreams have you had?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Do you have any really weird dreams?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 10:46:53 am »

The lucid dreams thread is naturally packed with minor derails of people's dreams. I'll post a spoilered 'risky' one later

One time I was in the woods and was saved by a bear, who fended off a pack of some other animal, and dragged me cub-style to a clearing. I've liked bears ever since. And one where I was a wolf, frame, vision, muscle control and all, fighting alongside other wolves against hellhounds, until the 1900's style soldiers showed up, fighting red and black demon looking creatures
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 10:54:14 am »

I usually don't dream, though when I do its pretty odd.

I have a reoccurring dream of a humanoid figure with a sideways mouth taking up most of his chest. All he does is stand there and recite (using the chest mouth because he has no normal mouth) long strings of numbers. Not sure what that means.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 10:58:00 am »

It means you really need to stop using math as entertainment, or consult a doctor about how you're math teacher troubled you in your past
While talking to AJ:

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 11:07:22 am »

It means you really need to stop using math as entertainment, or consult a doctor about how you're math teacher troubled you in your past
I'm not that into math actually, I find it pretty annoying. Although I am into codes and ciphers, so maybe I'm subconsciously sending myself a message or something. Just what I need, a metahuman monstrosity acting like a number station in my head. Need to stop listening to the Conet Project.

Incidentally, if you're interested, the Conet Project can be downloaded here. P2P is endorsed by the creators.
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3941337/The_Conet_Project-Recordings_of_Shortwave_Numbers_Stations
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 11:12:35 am by piecewise »

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 11:12:49 am »

A week or two ago I had a dream that my mother came into the house panicy, carrying a lamb and said "Our Animals have smallpox" Then like my entire known family was in the house trying to decide what to do and this lamb got loose and ran at me, kicked me and in the process gave me small pox... thats all I remember.  :P

Then I had this dream I was taking a walk around the place I live and there were like BEARS EVERYWHERE, and I had a sword, so I started going around killing them, then I got to this area near the brook/crick that runs into our pond and there was this friendly bear that hugged me, so I rode on his back for awhile till I got bored and stabbed him in the mouth. Then I remember opening this map and seeing this settlement to the west so I went there and there were these like Elves I think, anyways they were like friends or something with this bear or something I have no idea. Its all a blur from there.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 11:19:46 am »

A week or two ago I had a dream that my mother came into the house panicy, carrying a lamb and said "Our Animals have smallpox" Then like my entire known family was in the house trying to decide what to do and this lamb got loose and ran at me, kicked me and in the process gave me small pox... thats all I remember.  :P
I think that might be a pretty accurate description of df after disease is introduced.

Then I had this dream I was taking a walk around the place I live and there were like BEARS EVERYWHERE, and I had a sword, so I started going around killing them, then I got to this area near the brook/crick that runs into our pond and there was this friendly bear that hugged me, so I rode on his back for awhile till I got bored and stabbed him in the mouth. Then I remember opening this map and seeing this settlement to the west so I went there and there were these like Elves I think, anyways they were like friends or something with this bear or something I have no idea. Its all a blur from there.

Too much DF man, too much df.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 11:20:40 am »

Your subconscious treatment of bears will not go unheeded
While talking to AJ:

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 11:24:20 am »

My weirdest dreams were the ones in which my jaw  rotted and dried, and I started picking on it, and accidentally tore off parts of it
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 09:28:00 pm »

My dreams usually involve me talking to someone.
And I'm often someone else.
Every character in my stories and stuff comes from a dream.
I've spoken with God, Stalin, friends at school, THE VOICE OF DOOM, various demons, various deities, etcetera.
Other, rarer dreams include adventure and animals.
Wolves are usually on my side in dreams.
And they talk.
Also, penguins.
Penguins in my dreams are obsessed with striped ties, mini golf, and vampire hunting.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 09:39:41 pm »

In my dreams, I'm always "me" in that I'm self-aware, but I'm often combined with some other person or pop-culture character or something.  That mention of a jaw rotting off reminds me of a dream (nearly a lucid dream) I had some time ago, where I was a combination of myself, and Two-Face as portrayed in The Dark Knight.  I was walking around picking at the scabrous holes in my face, and wondering how in the Hell I was supposed to take a shower like this.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 09:44:23 pm »

I've taken to taking a 20 minute nap in my amazingly nice easy chair (I used it as a bed for a month while shopping for a new bed) between the time I finish my morning shower and leave for school. Because there's a fair bit of action in the morning, I tend to get really weird dreams. Be blown if I could remember any right now.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 09:59:11 pm »

Also, penguins.
Penguins in my dreams are obsessed with striped ties, mini golf, and vampire hunting.

You must REALLY love Club Penguin.

Also, I think the dream I mentioned was as close to lucid dreaming as I've ever been. Of course, it happened right after I quit attempting to lucid dream  :-\
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2010, 10:09:21 pm »

Two dreams here. An old nightmarish one first though. Me and my sister were on top of a slide somewhere when we started to bicker. I grabbed her head and something strange happened. Where normally your upper jaw and head are fixed and your lower jaw is hinged, it was the other way around. Her head swung back to the back of her head, leaving a gaping huge mouth. Her teeth then fell off as I franticly tried to move her head back into position.

Then there was a recent dream where I checked the thread Pointzilla posted in, and comments about the Gila monster demon being female were up. The next day I checked the forums, and was a little perplexed when those posts were not there.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2010, 10:11:04 pm »

Two dreams here. An old nightmarish one first though. Me and my sister were on top of a slide somewhere when we started to bicker. I grabbed her head and something strange happened. Where normally your upper jaw and head are fixed and your lower jaw is hinged, it was the other way around. Her head swung back to the back of her head, leaving a gaping huge mouth. Her teeth then fell off as I franticly tried to move her head back into position.

Then there was a recent dream where I checked the thread Pointzilla posted in, and comments about the Gila monster demon being female were up. The next day I checked the forums, and was a little perplexed when those posts were not there.

These are awesome. Very awesome.
Pages: [1] 2 3