Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: The Magmawiki Project  (Read 34067 times)

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Magmawiki Project
« Reply #105 on: May 10, 2010, 12:57:08 pm »

Is it possible to limit the random page function? While I do occasionally want to see random factoids about DF that expand my knowledge, I don't like wading through various mods and player stories.

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Special:Random/DF2010
http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Special:Random/40d

Keep those links, they're not going to be put into the wiki itself, but they should work for what you want.

Sorry to change subject

Locriani

• Bay Watcher
  • Locriani == Briess
    • View Profile
    • dwarf fortress wiki
« Reply #106 on: May 11, 2010, 01:04:00 pm »

Thoughts, please.  It's not complete, there are some alignment issues, and it currently breaks horribly in firefox, but what do we think of this kind of design style?
I am one of many administrators of the wiki.  Please use my user page (http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/User_talk:Briess) on the wiki to contact me, as I check that more often than these forums.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2010, 01:37:37 pm »

Thoughts, please.  It's not complete, there are some alignment issues, and it currently breaks horribly in firefox, but what do we think of this kind of design style?

Clean and clear. I like.

I assume your using dd_roundies for the rounded corner effects?
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Locriani

• Bay Watcher
  • Locriani == Briess
    • View Profile
    • dwarf fortress wiki
« Reply #108 on: May 11, 2010, 01:40:11 pm »

Clean and clear. I like.

I assume your using dd_roundies for the rounded corner effects?
Nope, CSS3 properties (border-radius, and the nonstandard -webkit-border-radius and -moz-border-radius)
I am one of many administrators of the wiki.  Please use my user page (http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/User_talk:Briess) on the wiki to contact me, as I check that more often than these forums.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 11, 2010, 04:39:44 pm »

Nope, CSS3 properties (border-radius, and the nonstandard -webkit-border-radius and -moz-border-radius)

That is what it uses for sensible browsers anyway :) it also has some js fallback to make it work on hopeless ones too.
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 11, 2010, 05:06:56 pm »

Just a heads up... the wiki seems to NOT be searching in the DF2010 namespace by default.

Standard search for "body detail plan": 15 results
Advanced search for "body detail plan" in DF2010 only: 130 results

Locriani

• Bay Watcher
  • Locriani == Briess
    • View Profile
    • dwarf fortress wiki
« Reply #111 on: May 11, 2010, 05:10:30 pm »

Footkerchief, make sure you check your per-user search space settings.  It seems to work fine for me when I am not logged in.
Here's the finalized(ish) design for login / modals:
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 05:12:43 pm by Locriani »

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 11, 2010, 05:14:48 pm »

I didn't even know about that, thanks.  When the DF2010 namespace was added, were registered users supposed to get it automatically added to their search settings?

Locriani

• Bay Watcher
  • Locriani == Briess
    • View Profile
    • dwarf fortress wiki
« Reply #113 on: May 11, 2010, 05:18:42 pm »

I did run a script to modify everyone's default search settings, but it's possible it just didn't catch your settings correctly or something.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 11, 2010, 09:57:55 pm »

Footkerchief, make sure you check your per-user search space settings.  It seems to work fine for me when I am not logged in.
Here's the finalized(ish) design for login / modals:

Much less round now. I like it.

The font is wedging itself into a part of my brain that's making me have strong negative feelings toward it for reasons I don't know, though.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Locriani

• Bay Watcher
  • Locriani == Briess
    • View Profile
    • dwarf fortress wiki
« Reply #115 on: May 11, 2010, 11:44:23 pm »

You don't like Helvetica? :( (I'll experiment with different fonts sometime later, after we get some parser stuff implemented)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 12, 2010, 12:17:22 am »

Yeah, Helvetica wouldn't be my first choice either, nor would I choose blue. It looks too much like Facebook, to me. But I'd probably end up with something like umber and Baskerville, so take my advice at your own discretion.

Everything seems large to me too, but I don't suppose economy of space is particularly necessary here.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 12:21:51 am by Cruxador »

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 12, 2010, 02:08:55 am »

Baskerville

I like the font hadn't seen it before, but it should probably be one of these if we want most people to see it.

Locriani

• Bay Watcher
  • Locriani == Briess
    • View Profile
    • dwarf fortress wiki
« Reply #118 on: May 12, 2010, 10:38:02 am »

Scarpa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 12, 2010, 11:08:36 am »

Is the 'actual' page supposed to be a jumbled mess?

Other one looks fine but line spacing is a bit tight.

On FF 3.5.9, btw.

Looks good in IE8 also, but no rounded corners and drop shadows.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 11:11:23 am by Scarpa »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9