Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 185

Author Topic: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure  (Read 626223 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure
« Reply #2715 on: January 28, 2013, 11:12:35 am »

And yeah, a neat sketch once in a while and the certainty that stuff will keep going is better than a rival of the Mona Lisa once a month, and being on the verge of burnout every time. Perfectionism sucks.
I wouldn't put it that way. Perfectionism isn't that bad. It's just the enemy of good enough.

Can we have a siege with named characters (and events, obviously) on both sides? Pretty please?
Supporting this the above post.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: January 28, 2013, 11:28:57 am »

Can we have a siege with named characters (and events, obviously) on both sides? Pretty please?
Supporting this the above post.

I third this what was mentioned previously!
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: January 28, 2013, 04:23:48 pm »

I think I'd prefer to see dwarves in Darker's scrumptious artstyle.
Just to point out, sieging a dwarven fortress typically allows one to see dwarves.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: January 28, 2013, 04:28:09 pm »

Just to point out, sieging a dwarven fortress typically allows one to see dwarves.
When you can see the White of the enemies eyes, both armies are doing something wrong. Really, decent sieges are boring.

-Throw rocks
-Scavenge food
-Throw back defenders
-Assault
-Repeat untill one of both surrenders

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: January 28, 2013, 04:34:00 pm »

1. It mightn't be the goblins seeing the dwarves, just the players.
2. There's still a dwarf at the catapult or manning the walls or something.
3. Have you seen how some DF players try to break sieges?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: January 28, 2013, 06:29:12 pm »

When you can see the White of the enemies eyes, both armies are doing something wrong. Really, decent sieges are boring.

-Throw rocks
-Scavenge food
-Throw back defenders
-Assault
-Repeat untill one of both surrenders

True, but I see typical siege warfare as something humans would conduct. They already take a more realistic approach to siege warfare in the game by camping outside your walls and trying to starve your fort out. Goblins on the other hand, we know that in the game they like to charge forward for blood and glory. And realistically, I don't think they'd be the type to wait around for the enemy to die due to starvation or losses through attrition. Their society wouldn't allow it. They'd likely get bored and start fighting with each other until their war-leaders rallied them onwards in search of easier targets to lay waste to... Also, knowing the suggestions that came from Elves of Amanereli, I doubt the players in this forum would have the goblins sitting back tossing boulders and crossbow bolts all day. ;)

Anyways, it doesn't have to be a Goblin siege, I'm still in the early brainstorming stages, so I'm still open to suggestions.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: January 28, 2013, 06:36:48 pm »

Also, knowing the suggestions that came from Elves of Amanereli, I doubt the players in this forum would have the goblins sitting back tossing boulders and crossbow bolts all day. ;)
Are you saying we'd be getting all of the elves goblins killed by accidentally angering the best fighter elf goblin? :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: January 28, 2013, 10:20:33 pm »

I vote for goblin seige purely because I wanna see your take on goblins.

I'm rooting for glam rock goblins myself.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: January 29, 2013, 12:27:47 am »

Clearly it should be a combined arms force- Humans for their ability to organize and strategize, Elves for their war beasts and Sunshine, and Goblins for their ruthlessness and great numbers. The Humans are there for the plunder and to strengthen their economic stranglehold on the world, the Elves are their to avenge the rape of nature that has occurred, and the Goblins are there for shits and giggles (but secretly because their Demon General wants to loose HFS,) and the Humans and Elves tolerate the Goblins because they'd rather let them do the dying.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: January 29, 2013, 04:52:32 am »

Clearly it should be a combined arms force- Humans for their ability to organize and strategize, Elves for their war beasts and Sunshine, and Goblins for their ruthlessness and great numbers. The Humans are there for the plunder and to strengthen their economic stranglehold on the world, the Elves are their to avenge the rape of nature that has occurred, and the Goblins are there for shits and giggles (but secretly because their Demon General wants to loose HFS,) and the Humans and Elves tolerate the Goblins because they'd rather let them do the dying.
I am so in favor of this. Also controlling besieged dwarves at the same time would be a verrry good bonus.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: January 29, 2013, 05:26:14 am »

so all around goodness?

I'm in favour of that

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: January 29, 2013, 03:12:33 pm »

Well we do seem to be leaning toward a siege, however the content may be.

I just looked back and was reminded that the proper title here is "The Elves of Amanereli: The Caravan."  So what might be next?  "The Goblins of [Dark Fortress name]: The Siege"?

--Rexfelum

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: January 29, 2013, 04:45:15 pm »

I think an idea mentioned earlier bears mentioning again: Two sides.

Some players provide suggestions for the siegers, some for the besieged. Perhaps the players control important dwarves/goblins/fluffy wablers/whatever, or perhaps they just choose a side and start making suggestions for it.

An illustrated battle between the world's craziest, in a world crazier than ours? Sounds good.
Sig

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: January 29, 2013, 05:02:59 pm »

DARKERDARK, START THINE DRAWINGS OF GREAT AWESOMENESS OR I OPEN THE FLOODGATE!
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: January 29, 2013, 05:05:32 pm »

Wow! An actual post from DarkerDark himself! TWO!!! :D And here I figured that this was just on my list of updated topics due to some ultra-necro-bump.

If the new game is going to be in the same world as this game, then it won't really make much sense to have the elves sieging a dwarf fortress, while they have a caravan on the way there to trade. Unless, of course its a completely different dwarven and/or elven nation.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 185