Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 185

Author Topic: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure  (Read 626222 times)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure
« Reply #2700 on: January 26, 2013, 11:56:45 pm »

Awesome.

Except for one thing...how could you people not pick Ima?!

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: January 27, 2013, 01:20:38 am »

You know when a REAL post has appeared in this thread by the number of pages added at a jump.

Hello, DarkerDark!  Also, I was waiting for you to appear, Robocorn.  The whole mixed-species team going on an adventure deal came to mind.  So I'm sure that DarkerDark could totally do it, including a goblin as needed (though no one could replace Amxu), but maybe . . . it should go a different direction for variety.

I'd vote Dwarves of Copper Gates.  If not, then I'd vote anything OTHER than pure humans.  You can get humans anywhere, and they are less visually interesting when you have a fantasy world full of the caricatures we call elves, dwarves, and so on.

--Rexfelum

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: January 27, 2013, 01:37:32 am »

Oh, come on. NOTHING can be uninteresting when it's in a world as interesting deadly as DF's worlds!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: January 27, 2013, 09:09:12 am »

Darn once agin i find an awesome story that ends abruptly... :( it was realy realy awesome...
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: January 27, 2013, 11:20:10 am »

Darn once agin i find an awesome story that ends abruptly... :( it was realy realy awesome...

It's starting again.
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: January 27, 2013, 11:52:43 pm »

Alright, well as much as I'd like to do something involving a small party of characters going on wacky adventures, I have just noticed that Robocorn's got that covered with his own adventure thread (thanks Rexfelum, for giving me a new thread to watch). And yes, Axmu is great. :)

Anyways, a couple of ideas are buzzing around in my head.

If we end up doing Goblins, I'm thinking it might involve a warband laying siege to a dwarf fortress with you guys taking the role of various goblin squad leaders arguing over tactics and strategies. Whereas, if we end up doing a story focused on dwarves, it might follow an expedition sent out to explore the underground caverns. However, I'm still open to ideas depending on what you guys want.

Edit - Dammit Rexfelum, I just noticed the date on that thread you posted. Here I was thinking the last post was just a couple of weeks ago... But no, it's now 2013, that thread is a year old.

Ah well, I guess I can see about doing a mixed-species team going on wacky adventures. Though, it's easy to write yourself into a corner when the main characters aren't expendable. Heh.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 12:01:19 am by DarkerDark »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: January 27, 2013, 11:55:39 pm »

Between those ideas, I'd prefer the goblin one.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: January 27, 2013, 11:57:56 pm »

Either one of those sounds fantastic!  I'm slightly in favor of the goblins sieging a fortress myself.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: January 28, 2013, 12:00:21 am »

Goblins sounds good.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: January 28, 2013, 12:07:55 am »

Either.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: January 28, 2013, 12:18:33 am »

I say you should do whatever you want to do. The adventurers idea was that you wouldn't have to be tied to a mission and worried about how long it would take to get there and also have somewhat more varied subject matter to draw.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: January 28, 2013, 02:26:08 am »

The "siege" idea might be a good creative hook: we've done plenty of "wacky party on a wacky adventure" stories, but this would be kinda new.  PLUS lots of folks could die in humorous or ironic ways with little consequence.  Sounds like we have a winner!

--Rexfelum

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: January 28, 2013, 02:51:56 am »

Aye, lets give the Gobbos some love, they only hate cause they were never loved.

Urist McCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: January 28, 2013, 04:30:49 am »

I think I'd prefer to see dwarves in Darker's scrumptious artstyle. But the others are right, art doesn't matter as much as the story, and goblins would probably be more fun. And really, either one makes me go "omg gief". So yeah. Voting for both, and seeing where it ends.

And yeah, a neat sketch once in a while and the certainty that stuff will keep going is better than a rival of the Mona Lisa once a month, and being on the verge of burnout every time. Perfectionism sucks.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: January 28, 2013, 06:02:59 am »

Can we have a siege with named characters (and events, obviously) on both sides? Pretty please?
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 185