Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 185

Author Topic: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure  (Read 623958 times)

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure
« Reply #2415 on: December 14, 2011, 03:27:00 pm »

What we need to do is put one mole on a barge, and a few elves on the other towing the one with the mule. Then we put an elephant in a cage on the back if the mule, then we put the titan in a cage on the back of the caged elephant, then we put all the supplies in bins and cages on the back of the titan.

Aside from the "mole" . . . see, folks, we've got all kinds of hand-wavy solutions to let us get up and go.  I'm pushing hard to just get past this point and move on to a new part of the adventure.  I do this for what (I think) are good reasons:

1).  We've been in the Whispering Marshes, without advancing, for a long time.  The "elephant capture" story arc was 5 updates.  "Elephant rampage" was 6.  Darkerdark has been stuck drawing the same marsh trees for how long?

2).  Beyond visuals, the game content needs to advance.  We already did the "figure out flotation" puzzle.  We took the "wake Amala" puzzle, got one elf killed by frog overdose, lost the help of the amphibian men shaman, and then rendered it irrelevant by granting Amala a reason to stay unconscious.  The Whispering Marshes content is done.

If this thread is to actually revive, it needs to be interesting to players and to DarkerDark alike.  I say we don't waste any time solving a flotation puzzle twice, and instead gloss over it until we are on to a new area with new visuals and decisions.

--Rexfelum

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: December 14, 2011, 03:34:11 pm »

Agreed. Lets gloss over the logistics of it, and get on with our river run.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Elmach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: December 14, 2011, 05:06:41 pm »

Or we could stop being panzies and load up all the cargo on the rafts, then get all the elves to swim across the river pulling along all the stuff we have via reedy harnesses, hey mules can swim too... right?
This. Also, let the turtle help with the mules-- it can tow stuff.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: December 14, 2011, 05:38:53 pm »

I agree but get a few fish to help out too.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: December 14, 2011, 05:46:30 pm »

Alright so after the elves, the mules, the turtle and the turtle's pet fish pull the cargo across the river I guess we need to think of what to do next... looking at:

Spoiler: This Image (click to show/hide)

It appears we'll be walking in a desert soon... reckon we can add giant desert scorpions to our petting zoo?

EDIT:

Ahem

Spoiler: THIS IMAGE (click to show/hide)

Hills... shall we swap out the giant desert scorpions for bogeymen then?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 05:50:06 pm by ashton1993 »
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: December 14, 2011, 05:50:03 pm »

This is going to be !!fun!!
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

TheSummoner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: December 14, 2011, 06:08:29 pm »

Agreed. Lets gloss over the logistics of it, and get on with our river run.

Ok, even if we do gloss over the logistics, I still think we should (if possible) make a few smaller boats so we can have scouts watching and ahead for danger. If the frogmen (or something worse...) attack again, not letting them have the element of surprise (or better yet, getting it ourselves) could be the difference between victory and death.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: December 14, 2011, 06:10:18 pm »

Darkerdark has been stuck drawing the same marsh trees for how long?
A year-and-a-half, roughly.

Yes, that long.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: December 14, 2011, 06:13:27 pm »

Yeah just do magical elf caravan stacking using DF Physics

But seriously, leave the titan behind in a cage maybe out at the deepest part of the swamp, let him be someone elses problem,  I still don't even remember the reason to capture the titan.,.. I thought ... it was to sell to the Dwarves? Either way I say lighten to future load by leaving the titan behind.

It's not that I want to make those peoples posts pointless, but I think in the end the titan is foolish and doesn't add to the story... unless it gets free and goes on a rampage.
Besides unless it's a stealth attack on the Dwarven Mountain Homes, you'd need to at least try and tame the titan.

tl;dr

Ditch or tame the titan, use magical Elven DF physics stacking, get across the river  using whatever flotation device ends up being created, and get ready for ... I think those are actually Hills not a desert, and not sure on the blue wispy bit.

Elmach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
!
« Reply #2424 on: December 14, 2011, 06:15:32 pm »

But seriously, leave the titan behind in a cage maybe out at the deepest part of the swamp, let him be someone elses problem,  I still don't even remember the reason to capture the titan.,.. I thought ... it was to sell to the Dwarves? Either way I say lighten to future load by leaving the titan behind.

It's not that I want to make those peoples posts pointless, but I think in the end the titan is foolish and doesn't add to the story... unless it gets free and goes on a rampage.
Besides unless it's a stealth attack on the Dwarven Mountain Homes, you'd need to at least try and tame the titan.

tl;dr

Ditch or tame the titan, use magical Elven DF physics stacking, get across the river  using whatever flotation device ends up being created, and get ready for ... I think those are actually Hills not a desert, and not sure on the blue wispy bit.

The titan is Toady One. We can't leave him behind! Think of the profit! The dwarves would love him!

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: December 14, 2011, 06:43:16 pm »

leave the titan behind
You sir, are not dwarfy in the slightest :P
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: December 14, 2011, 06:47:28 pm »

Don't ditch the Titan!  If we have to ditch everything else to make room for the Titan, that would be preferable!  Imagine if the elves turned up at one of YOUR fortresses with a TITAN in a cage for sale!  How many stone mugs would you give them for that!?!  You might even consider trading them something made out of that most mystical and powerful material: METAL!!!!

Or, of course, you could just be like me and trade them MAGMA for the lot of it.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: !
« Reply #2427 on: December 14, 2011, 07:26:52 pm »

tl;dr

The titan is Toady One. We can't leave him behind! Think of the profit! The dwarves would love him!
Dear god, you know what dwarves do, Elmach. Once they try to experiment the fortress'll be flattened. Diplomacy will go down.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: December 14, 2011, 08:57:57 pm »

leave the titan behind
You sir, are not dwarfy in the slightest :P

Of course not, I'm thinking like an Elf,  I also suggested the elves try and tame it, If people are that against drowning the blasted thing.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: !
« Reply #2429 on: December 14, 2011, 09:05:32 pm »

tl;dr

Dear god, you know what dwarves do, Elmach. Once they try to experiment the fortress'll be flattened. Diplomacy will go down.
All sales are final, The Caravan is not liable for any experiment results obtained post-purchase.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 185