Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 185

Author Topic: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure  (Read 624022 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure
« Reply #2400 on: December 13, 2011, 11:01:35 pm »

Get the Titan to carry the animals across the river. Genius

Bad idea.. it will probably attack once released.

Get someone to guard it.

It will certainly kill the guards, and go for the rest afterwards.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: December 13, 2011, 11:22:12 pm »

This is going to turn into a river crossing puzzle, isn't it?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: December 13, 2011, 11:57:55 pm »

Get the Titan to carry the animals across the river. Genius

Bad idea.. it will probably attack once released.

Get someone to guard it.

It will certainly kill the guards, and go for the rest afterwards.
Yeah. Just find somewhere secure to put it so the frogmen don't free i- bury it.

Alternatecash

• Bay Watcher
  • PREFSTRING: [flammable head]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: December 14, 2011, 01:01:39 am »

The cages are wood, we can float them across, towing them behind the raft. With some quick wood-work, we can make them a bit more marsh-worthy.
Explore a half-ruined facility and play with dangerous
mutagens in my forum game.
It's back! A bit. Seriously, jump in.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
  • Sweet flaming monkey fire WHY are they doing that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: December 14, 2011, 01:40:55 am »

Paint bright red concentric circles on the turtle. Then Up end the boats so they capture large air bubbles. Put two or three logs/branches/whatever elves use across them. Build a side raft out of the barrels an attach that using cloth or ropereeds, or vines you find in the jungle and make a huge raft like so:
  ^==== =^###%
 /  \===  /   \##%
|    |===|    |==%
 \   /= ==\   /##%
  \/== ===\/###%
= logs or other bouyant support
# netting substitute
% barrels

^ Crappy drawing I know but I hope it gets the poin across. At very least my uber-raft should be pretty bouyant. you can also use empty barrels in a similar manner. Use spears to steer it like a giant gondola by pushing of the bank of the river if shallow, and to fend the raft of from submerged logs and whatnot. If its to deep to use spears, use shields as paddles. SCratch that I think we already have oars. use the oars instead.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 01:53:18 am by Monkeyfacedprickleback »

TheSummoner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: December 14, 2011, 01:57:35 am »

I love to see a new one up. I never lost faith in this amazing story. ^_^

Dream World: 1) Undergo initiation while drunk. Spin the bottle/Seven minutes in heaven with Ima and Ale. At the same time.

2) Try to remember what happened with the real Cipone

Main Story: 1) Paint the turtle up like Amala's lost hat. ALTERNATIVELY make a new hat for Amala and a small one for the turtle as well. Better hats than the one Amala used to have! There should be plenty of reeds and grass and flowers around, so it'll only take a bit of time. Let Aleya Feralwhispers do it... She cares enough about the turtle to make one for him.

2) Determine how much can fit in the boat. How many elves? How much of the caravan supplies? How many trips will it take to get everything across? (Use one of the ropes to tie the boat to a tree until we're ready to go for real)

3) Find out if we have any elves present who have the necessary skills to harvest more wood in the elven way. We had that one hippie elf who fought for the right to be able to sing as we pleased... He probably could've done it, but he got his hed bit off. See if there are any others like him, but smart enough to know when to keep their mouths shut.

4) Determine how many more boats we can make with our current resoueces and decide if we want to make them the same size as the original, or if we should invest in a few smaller ones (to hold a few bow-elves and scout the swamp/protect the main caravan). A few barrels were likely emptied during the celebrations.

5) Any elves not involved in the above should try to see if there is anything useful that can be made with what can be found in the swamp. Can any form of rope be made with swamp materials? Are there any fallen logs nearby that can be used in boat construction? Can we safely extract some of that frog poison that caused that one elf to overdose and use it to coat our weapons (Do not even attempt this one unless we know what killed him was licking it and not just skin contact... Unless we've got some nice thick gloves available)? These elves should not wander out of sight of the camp. If anything is discovered, soldiers should be present while it is harvested, but not so many that the camp is left vulnerable.

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: December 14, 2011, 02:00:40 am »

YES!  And also:

"Riraci" is "distract."  "Emofe" is "adore" (couldn't find "cute").  "Caraca" is "shell" (couldn't find "turtle").  "Enolo" is "swim."  C'mon, put something together!
His name is Emofe-caraca Enoloriraci

YES!  And also:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I feel as though we should recognize the other two elves.  I think the one on the right is the one with the pipe in the lower right here:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Based on, you know, the eyes.  Though the nose is different.  Hmm.  Other topics:

[who is our general leader now?]
In the meantime, a new temporary leader shall be appointed, a calm and collected bowelf, Valo Tradedstalks, known for his grass chewing habits.

Otherwise known as the living embodiment of Creamcorn.  Wait . . . does that mean I'm Aleya Feralwhispers?

the dwarves might not appreciate us bringing a megabeast into their fortress.

I vehemently veto any move to ditch the Titan.  And it's not just me doing so with my "I'm only in the audience and I don't get much veto" powers; it's the chorus of mad Titan-capturers, such as dragnar and Diablous, IronyOwl, the recursive Haspen and many others.

I don't actually remember what her hat looked like
You know, this nice deal with the one white flower and two red flowers?  Last seen being slightly discombobulated by the titan, then put on its head?

I'm just full of links today.

The cages are wood, we can float them across, towing them behind the raft. With some quick wood-work, we can make them a bit more marsh-worthy.

People, we are overthinking this.  A mule carried an entire elephant and four impaled elves this whole time.  Strategy: engage in storage and flotation handwaving until all characters and possessions are ready to get underway.  Then get underway.  Done.  WHO WANTS TO SEE THE PLOT ADVANCE?

--Rexfelum

Elmach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: December 14, 2011, 03:45:00 am »

the dwarves might not appreciate us bringing a megabeast into their fortress.

I vehemently veto any move to ditch the Titan.  And it's not just me doing so with my "I'm only in the audience and I don't get much veto" powers; it's the chorus of mad Titan-capturers, such as dragnar and Diablous, IronyOwl, the recursive Haspen and many others.

Thiiiiis.

I meant this. Don't kill me?

People, we are overthinking this.  A mule carried an entire elephant and four impaled elves this whole time.  Strategy: engage in storage and flotation handwaving until all characters and possessions are ready to get underway.  Then get underway.  Done.  WHO WANTS TO SEE THE PLOT ADVANCE?

--Rexfelum
Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis.

I did it again, didn't I?

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: December 14, 2011, 03:46:12 am »

Can I take over a Bowelf? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE???
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: December 14, 2011, 05:01:37 am »

If we take over characters, then make me one civilian who more likely dies soon. Or not.

Anyway second suggestion:

The cage, it was hauled by a mule. Carrying a titan. So why not just stuff most of our animals in there? Relocate the bins and other goods to one of the stronger pack animals (or bring them along in the cage, seperate the food though, in this story I'm not sure if the Titan would still consume while in the cage but it seems really bored...)

Oh, and try to be friends with the titan, if by any reason whatsoever that we get into a death situation, and some suggest to free the titan as a last resort [chance to kill us] why not make friends with it in the meantime as we wait for our warriors to return? Then we might have a fighting chance [against many other dangers, we still have NOT passed the goblins/humans, and nobody has yet encountered roving bandits/night creatures].

That, or we could search for exotic wild animals and tame them as allies [we can do that, right?].

EDIT: Just noticed, the people did keep this from dying. TWENTY whole pages of posts [ignoring the nice adventure story] bumped this until Darkerdark posted again. Beautiful.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 08:14:34 am by Tiruin »

Urist McCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: December 14, 2011, 07:52:08 am »

I'm curious about spin the bottle with Amala. But something tells me she's not going to like that suggestion.

Stack up the cages like a proper dw-... elf, and get going. I agree with Rexfelum.

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: December 14, 2011, 10:01:14 am »

Ever noticed that all the animals the dwarves get from caravans are tamed? If a mule alone can carry an elephant, it should be no problem for the elephant to carry the titan. Tame them and make them carry stuff. They're big enough to move through the water while the mules get on the rafts.
One elephant carries the titan, the other carries all the supplies.
Most of the elves go on one raft and the few others go on the other raft with the mules.
I got no suggestions for the colorless world, but I do need to question why the females, who were on the raft, killing the frogmen, didn't get body paintings. >=F

Julien Brightside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Artblog
« Reply #2412 on: December 14, 2011, 12:52:35 pm »

I am so glad that the elves are still alive.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: December 14, 2011, 01:24:32 pm »

What we need to do is put one mole on a barge, and a few elves on the other towing the one with the mule. Then we put an elephant in a cage on the back if the mule, then we put the titan in a cage on the back of the caged elephant, then we put all the supplies in bins and cages on the back of the titan.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: December 14, 2011, 02:42:33 pm »

Or we could stop being panzies and load up all the cargo on the rafts, then get all the elves to swim across the river pulling along all the stuff we have via reedy harnesses, hey mules can swim too... right?
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 185