Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 185

Author Topic: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure  (Read 624398 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure
« Reply #2295 on: November 11, 2011, 09:37:09 pm »

What, dwarves aren't meant to be plump? :P

That's funny, all of mine are morbidly obese. Too many *goat cheese roasts*, I suppose.

Don't they...have exercise?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: November 11, 2011, 09:42:33 pm »

What, dwarves aren't meant to be plump? :P

That's funny, all of mine are morbidly obese. Too many *goat cheese roasts*, I suppose.

Don't they...have exercise?

The only ones who pull their weight (har-de-har-har) are the military- you can almost determine how useful a given dwarf in my fort is by how many layers of lard he is described as having.

Urist McCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: November 12, 2011, 07:06:03 pm »

I'd imagine dwarf women to be short, but curvy. Not too curvy (or they'd trip over their own boobs, oww), but, you know. Like Dark drew this one. And yeah, the stubble is alright. It's dwarfy. Hell... I think, with enough effort, that you could even make a short beard look cute on one of DarkerDark's dwarfettes.

That said.. Yo Dark, about the shading style. I'm starting to finally get an idea of how painterly shading should work. Gotten quite a bit further since my last drawing on this forum. Perhaps I could help you out, my method is pretty similar to yours anyway except it's in Gimp. Sketch first, retrace (except I retrace as volumes of a single colour, instead of new black outlines.. could go with both, doing the lines and then magic-wanding and floodfilling on a new layer to get the colours right), and then I just mess around with colours. Could be fun to watch eachother work via Teamviewer or something. Let me know if you're up for that.

MantisMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Say what you mean, mean what you say.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: November 12, 2011, 08:47:58 pm »

I'm amazed and very pleased that this thread is still chugging along.

I hope you have as good a birthday as possible DarkerDark. It's no fun being sick on your birthday. I've been there.
How I usually build my fort.
We're all secretly mantises. Except that one guy. We're trolling the shit out of him.

Korenn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: November 15, 2011, 08:19:43 pm »

This just wasted entertained my whole evening.  :D

When does it continue?

"THIS"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: November 20, 2011, 02:53:29 am »

Back on track?  :)

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: November 20, 2011, 12:38:28 pm »

While DD isn't posting, there's only a group of few posts every few days.
When he does post however... OMAGAAAWD!!! Massive wave of posts. Flee fer yer lives.
Not sure why it's all quiet here.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: November 20, 2011, 02:50:37 pm »

Gods, this is amazing! Viewing your pictures makes me horribly jealous...I can't draw anything more advanced than a stick man, sadly enough. I greatly enjoyed this Elven adventure, and pray that there may be many more to come! Also: You probably won't ever answer, but I have to know.

With your artistic talent (That is, Legendary+5), have you ever drawn "NSFW" pictures? Just wondering! Do you have a website (DeviantArt?)

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: November 20, 2011, 02:52:04 pm »

With your artistic talent (That is, Legendary+5), have you ever drawn "NSFW" pictures?
Why would you ask this?!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: November 20, 2011, 02:55:07 pm »

With your artistic talent (That is, Legendary+5), have you ever drawn "NSFW" pictures?
Why would you ask this?!
The question isn't really why did he ask that, its why did he ask that in the thread instead of in a PM?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Urist McCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: November 20, 2011, 05:50:01 pm »

I'm kind of curious too. Then again, I don't really have any particular bias for or against NSFW pics.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: November 20, 2011, 08:13:38 pm »

I'm kind of curious too. Then again, I don't really have any particular bias for or against NSFW pics.

Kinda like me, to a certain extent.
But this is not exactly the right kind of forums for that.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: November 20, 2011, 09:12:28 pm »

Kinda like me, to a certain extent.

Damn it, know I'm kinda curious too.

But this is not exactly the right kind of forums for that.

Nothing that a PM to the curious parties can't handle. Posting it in the thread itself? Yeah, not going to happen. At least not if we ever want Elves of Amanereli to continue.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: November 20, 2011, 09:30:46 pm »

He could just say yes or no without getting into specifics. >.> Anyway, posting to follow.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: November 21, 2011, 01:33:13 am »

Could be fun to watch eachother work via Teamviewer or something. Let me know if you're up for that.

Teamviewer? Hmm... sounds like a remote Desktop sharing program. Surely there must be an easier way than to install something that looks like it opens a back door into my computer? :P

With your artistic talent (That is, Legendary+5), have you ever drawn "NSFW" pictures? Just wondering! Do you have a website (DeviantArt?)
He could just say yes or no without getting into specifics. >.> Anyway, posting to follow.
Considering I draw in a "Work Safe" environment for "Work Safe" forums, I tend to avoid doing "NSFW" content.  ;D

For your second question: I have a lot of art scattered around the internet on various forums and image boards, some of which ends up on my deviantart account (darkcloak.deviantart.com). A lot of it doesn't though, and it would take me ages to dig it all up since most of it was drawn using online oekaki boards/multi-user paintchats way back before I found Open Canvas and Paint SAI.
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 185