Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 185

Author Topic: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure  (Read 624882 times)

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
Re: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure
« Reply #2100 on: July 30, 2011, 01:26:20 pm »

Is it too late for me to make off the wall assumptions about the dream and add bizarre photoshops.
Because if it is this is some major faux pas. (Also, pass that fox)

Red glowing eyes? Metal weaponry? Raspy and mocking voice?
Spoiler: Zoom in Enhance (click to show/hide)
It's a goblin. I'm almost completely sure that it's not even a little ambiguous.
Everyone hates goblins, goblins are constant enemies. Their eyes frickin' glow red.
And they're clearly on the map.

Spoiler: Goblin Map (click to show/hide)

So clearly my suggestion is to find the dream goblin and kick his ass.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: July 30, 2011, 06:42:11 pm »

Need to subscribe to this,  but  I say

>Think about What lead to becoming a ranger
 also
>Ruffle Cipone hair and tell him to be less creepy

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: July 31, 2011, 03:22:12 am »

Is it too late for me to make off the wall assumptions about the dream and add bizarre photoshops.
Because if it is this is some major faux pas. (Also, pass that fox)

Red glowing eyes? Metal weaponry? Raspy and mocking voice?
Spoiler: Zoom in Enhance (click to show/hide)
It's a goblin. I'm almost completely sure that it's not even a little ambiguous.
Everyone hates goblins, goblins are constant enemies. Their eyes frickin' glow red.
And they're clearly on the map.

Spoiler: Goblin Map (click to show/hide)

So clearly my suggestion is to find the dream goblin and kick his ass.
  dang dream goblins trying to steal amala's childhood.
also for a second I thought darkerdark updated, pretty good edit robocorn.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: July 31, 2011, 04:17:28 am »

Those goblins aren't unavoidable. In fact, we're currently completely avoiding them. The northern path clearly goes past them. We're currently at the Whispering Marshes. That means we've already taken the 2nd path and crossed through the Plains of Torment, where the elephants were. Though it's hard to say what exactly is where. DD only mentioned 3 places we'll be going through on the way. Those rings totally look like a marsh, so the area before it, must've been the Plains of Torment. Though if the green hills just ahead are the Hills of Foreboding, what are the light blue spirals and the yellow hills. I doubt we'll be crossing the purplish grass and dead trees, which is probably an evil area.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: July 31, 2011, 05:37:24 am »

The concept of avoiding goblins simply by not walking by their stronghold is somewhat laughable. You don't go looking for goblins, goblins find you. Or to be less obtuse in my reasoning, there are hills in front of the copper gates, yes? There are goblins in those hills. In my experience, whenever you get a fort that has sufficient wealth, goblin ambush squads will show up to hide in the bushes outside with their goblin crossbows. However, because any good fortress owner knows they're there, nobody ever opens the front doors to the fortress. So, even after winter has come and gone there are still a bunch of hungry goblins with itchy trigger fingers waiting around the gates to the fortress waiting for anything to shoot, which (in my experience) is always elves.

Even if we hug the northern part of the map and climb the mountains to avoid going through the goblin hills, there will still probably be goblins lighting bags of crap on the dwarves' doorstep when we arrive.

(I mean, unless the goblins are dead, or conquered, or been entirely replaced by captured humans, there's not a whole lot of context for "Dark Fortress")

EDIT: Nope, the insidious goblins are explicitly mentioned in the OP :P
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 06:46:40 am by Robocorn »

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: July 31, 2011, 05:47:58 am »

I see your point, but being that close to the dwarven fortress, I don't know what to expect. If their fortress is like the ones we make, we can expect a LOT of crazy things. And of course, above all things, I believe dwarves like making mass destruction machines. I'm not sure, if we should even expect life from there. Simply piles upon piles of corpses, to which ours' will be added by some crazy mechanism, that hasn't yet been triggered. But let's focus on the current events, shall we? Getting through the swamp, or perhaps even the dream. We haven't had a post for a longer time than I expected by DD's wording of the update frequency.

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: July 31, 2011, 09:01:00 am »

Wait, so if we do find these theoretical dead goblins, can we sell their corpses? I mean they might not be alive but could we call that bone crafts?
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: July 31, 2011, 09:17:32 am »

I think we can. I mean... we have a dead elephant with 4 dead elves impaled on its tusks.
One of them is still smoking a pipe, and the one that tried to (a)rouse Amala has a flower in his mouth. I guess elves have independent jaws or something.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: July 31, 2011, 02:45:32 pm »

I doubt even if the dwarves are like us they would kill us we did bring them a titan and then theres Amala... We all know waht would happen if the dwarves try anything
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: July 31, 2011, 05:12:11 pm »

I think we can. I mean... we have a dead elephant with 4 dead elves impaled on its tusks.
One of them is still smoking a pipe, and the one that tried to (a)rouse Amala has a flower in his mouth. I guess elves have independent jaws or something.

Presumably elves are descendent partially from pitbulls.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: July 31, 2011, 10:44:24 pm »

Wait, so if we do find these theoretical dead goblins, can we sell their corpses? I mean they might not be alive but could we call that bone crafts?

Traditionally speaking, wouldn't we eat the corpses?

I doubt even if the dwarves are like us they would kill us we did bring them a titan and then theres Amala... We all know waht would happen if the dwarves try anything
Amala would die ignominiously in a pool of molten rock?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: August 01, 2011, 07:53:21 am »

Amala would be incased in molten rock, awaken to a nice bronze body and be in pure full rage, murdering every one.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: August 01, 2011, 07:57:12 am »

Amala would be incased in molten rock, awaken to a nice bronze body and be in pure full rage, murdering every one.
That's probably right.  Now that I think about it, Amala is probably Cacame's long-lost sister.

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: August 01, 2011, 07:57:43 am »

This is the most likely thing to happen if dwarfs introduce her to lava, or if underground magma
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: August 01, 2011, 07:55:15 pm »

Hey! I have been watching this for a while, and I just realized I've never praised you for it.

In short, this is quite simply my favorite active project on this forum. You are nothing more or less than a genius.

Don't ever stop being awesome! You are an inspiration. :D
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 185