Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 185

Author Topic: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure  (Read 624878 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure
« Reply #1905 on: May 18, 2011, 01:07:29 pm »

<3 darkerdark.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: May 18, 2011, 01:50:27 pm »

Heh, I love the graphical comparison.  And I gotta say, the skill of the artist shows through despite the medium.  You may not be able to do what you want on a trackpad, but how many people can draw something that coherent in the first place?  It's obviously recognizable as an elf, and not a "hideous abomination."  (Dwarf-Fortress-related anti-elf jokes aside.)
This!

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: May 18, 2011, 02:06:48 pm »

Did you try color pencils?

I was thinking theoretically it would be fairly similar to a tablet.

Not trying to force you to go to the trouble of obtaining the supplies and getting it online or anything, just a suggestion.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: May 18, 2011, 03:16:33 pm »

Do a one-shot of kobolds with the trackball.

Julien Brightside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Artblog
« Reply #1909 on: May 18, 2011, 04:45:55 pm »

I laughed at that elf. It looks mentally ill.

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: May 18, 2011, 06:06:34 pm »

I hate to ask but what program are you using?

Paint tool SAI, unless you're asking about the stuff I drew with the mouse and trackball, that was using the more mouse-friendly Microsoft Paint. It's all arranged and re-sized afterwards in Adobe Photoshop 6.

What kind of tablet are you used to? It may sound silly, but a lot of people seem to be addicted to your artstuff. If even five of them chipped in ten bucks, you could buy yourself a new Wacom Bamboo. Tiny but efficient, in my own experience.

Of course, this kind of plan won't work if you're used to a Cintiq.

The Wacom Intuos4 is the one I was using. It was a Christmas gift from my brother, which is why I have no idea where the receipt is. I wouldn't be comfortable with people donating money anyways. I have enough money to purchase a new one, I just want to see if I can get the old one repaired first.

Did you try color pencils?

I was thinking theoretically it would be fairly similar to a tablet.

Not trying to force you to go to the trouble of obtaining the supplies and getting it online or anything, just a suggestion.

Yeah, I like working with pencils, but I'd need a working scanner.

Do a one-shot of kobolds with the trackball.

LOL! No! I had to wrestle with the trackpad in order to get it to draw something that didn't resemble a jumbled mess. Believe it or not, but that trackball drawing took more time than the other two combined!

I probably missed it from somewhere, but if I didn't... I don't think I've seen that tablet picture. You didn't draw it lately so...

Yeah, it was done long ago. I have many pictures that didn't make the cut. What happens is that I start drawing almost as soon as the first suggestions are up. And as the suggestions shift into new directions, some pictures get dropped. Most of them end up as sketches, so not a lot of drawing time is wasted, but others, like that one I used in the drawing comparison end up in a state of "almost finished".

My doodle directory is filled with half finished drawings that will probably never see the light of day.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #1911 on: May 18, 2011, 07:52:40 pm »

Thats tells me why you cant use your mouse...Microsoft Paint is only good for some things...
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Urist McCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: May 19, 2011, 06:56:53 am »

Thats tells me why you cant use your mouse...Microsoft Paint is only good for some things...
Don't diss the Paint 8)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: May 19, 2011, 07:11:24 am »

My doodle directory is filled with half finished drawings that will probably never see the light of day.

This sounds like an amazing opportunity to drip feed your rabid fandom while they wait for the return of the awesomeness. :P
Let us see random didn't-make-the-cut artwork!

I wouldn't be comfortable with people donating money anyways.
I can understand that.

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: May 19, 2011, 07:33:04 am »

Yeah, I like working with pencils, but I'd need a working scanner.
So your scanner is broken too? You must really be doing something wrong. =b

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: May 19, 2011, 09:11:15 am »

Yeah, it was done long ago. I have many pictures that didn't make the cut. What happens is that I start drawing almost as soon as the first suggestions are up. And as the suggestions shift into new directions, some pictures get dropped. Most of them end up as sketches, so not a lot of drawing time is wasted, but others, like that one I used in the drawing comparison end up in a state of "almost finished".

IDEA! While we wait for you to get your tablet fixed you could make a hilarious noncanon intermission adventure using old sketches and reused images switched around and taken out of context!
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: May 19, 2011, 09:12:23 am »

IDEA! While we wait for you to get your tablet fixed you could make a hilarious noncanon intermission adventure using old sketches and reused images switched around and taken out of context!
I support.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: May 19, 2011, 09:26:25 am »

So not only amala's bow broken Darkerdark can't even use amala's turtle hat to scan art in?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: May 19, 2011, 01:00:11 pm »

Maybe try a camera? It's actually a rather great quality if shot right. With a good camera that is... But heck, if you want to rest from this for a while and have a good excuse of a broken tablet, then go for it. Things can get really boring if you keep at them for long.

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: May 19, 2011, 01:42:36 pm »

I support.

Heh.  Heh heh.  If DarkerDark so much as posted those images, I'm sure the rest of the community would make "a hilarious noncanon intermission adventure."  Don't doubt that.

--Rexfelum
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 185