Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 185

Author Topic: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure  (Read 624482 times)

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure
« Reply #1785 on: March 06, 2011, 06:56:30 am »

It wont die. It just hibernates. Like a frogman in the mud.

Yeah, part of me wants to go back to the simpler style I had when I kick started this adventure just so updates come out a little faster. At the current rate, by the time the Elves make it to the Mountainhomes, we'll have all died of old age.

In any case, I'm still updating this... Just not as frequently as I used to. When summer rolls around and my brothers stop picking up new games for me to play, then we'll probably see more frequent updates.

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: March 06, 2011, 07:29:32 am »

At the current rate, by the time the Elves make it to the Mountainhomes, we'll have all died of old age.
I'd say that at the current rate it would take only 5 more years. Not that much.

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: March 06, 2011, 11:39:13 am »

Yeah, part of me wants to go back to the simpler style I had when I kick started this adventure just so updates come out a little faster.

Do whatever you need to do.  You don't want to get annoyed by/sick of your own creation.

(And your readers don't want you to get annoyed by/sick of your own creation either!)

--Rexfelum

Forumite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: March 06, 2011, 05:45:22 pm »

At the current rate, by the time the Elves make it to the Mountainhomes, we'll have all died of old age.
I'd say that at the current rate it would take only 5 more years. Not that much.
Only if the elves keep dying one every other update. We can make the game faster by either moving faster, or killing off elves at a faster rate.

Ask yourself, what would Urist do?
"The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: March 06, 2011, 05:53:03 pm »

That is a terrible, terrible question to ask yourself.  Never ask yourself that question.

--Rexfelum
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 05:59:52 pm by Rexfelum »

Urist McCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: March 06, 2011, 06:00:23 pm »

That is a terrible, terrible question to ask yourself.  Never ask yourself that question.

--Rexfelum
In dwarven Russia, Urist does things to YOU!

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: March 06, 2011, 06:45:41 pm »

Thats a scary thought right there.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: March 07, 2011, 12:32:05 am »

Only if the elves keep dying one every other update. We can make the game faster by either moving faster, or killing off elves at a faster rate.
Actually I thought that the rate is more like... We are half past through the swamp which is the 1st of three things we have to pass. So... (1/3)*(1/2) = 1/6 That's 6 years of which 1 we have passed. Because from the beginning of the paint adventure to this point is about 1 year.

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: March 07, 2011, 11:16:00 am »

Actually I thought that the rate is more like... We are half past through the swamp which is the 1st of three things we have to pass. So... (1/3)*(1/2) = 1/6 That's 6 years of which 1 we have passed. Because from the beginning of the paint adventure to this point is about 1 year.
We'll just have to ride the elephants then. That'll get us to the Dwarves without any trouble at all, right?
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: March 07, 2011, 12:06:10 pm »

]We'll just have to ride the elephants then. That'll get us to the Dwarves without any trouble at all, right?
Interesting idea. Are the elephants tame? I second this when we get out of the swamps!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: March 07, 2011, 12:07:45 pm »

]We'll just have to ride the elephants then. That'll get us to the Dwarves without any trouble at all, right?
Interesting idea. Are the elephants tame? I second this when we get out of the swamps!
Elephants are never tame!

Forumite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: March 07, 2011, 12:30:27 pm »

Our awesome leader is down at the moment so there´s noone to go all Legolas on those elephants if they start killing elves.
"The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: March 07, 2011, 01:22:28 pm »

Thats fun of it!
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: March 07, 2011, 01:34:05 pm »

Thats fun of it!
I think they may have Harmed A Member Of Our Civ. And thus interesting hijinx would ensue if we tried taming them.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Urist McCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: March 07, 2011, 01:38:44 pm »

Let's not ride the giant murderbeasts.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 185