Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 185

Author Topic: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure  (Read 624148 times)

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure
« Reply #1725 on: February 23, 2011, 01:47:55 am »

Now get Amala to a safer location than a barge's prow!

Why remove Amala from the barge? Just get everything else ON the barge(s?) and get the heck out of this swamp!

Well, who am I to stop something that will inevitably cause more wacky hijinks?  This caravan clearly hasn't had enough Amala-related troubles yet.

--Rexfelum
Give Amala the Turtlehat to wear and I'll third this.
This.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 01:53:59 am by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: February 23, 2011, 05:28:51 pm »

Perfect. Just Perfect.

Do it.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

iyaerP

• Bay Watcher
  • has mandated the production of 3 gold shields.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: February 23, 2011, 09:26:33 pm »

To reiterate a few points made before:

We need to check our heroic bowelves for blowdart injuries.

We need to GET OUT OF THE SWAMP before we get attacked again.

And finally, once at a safe locaiton, we need to set about training the elephants and giant frog titan. Wouldn't do to show up at the dwarven trade depot with not-tamed animals for trade.

Scratch all that. Inspiration has struck based on the .19 release.

First, we want that shammi captured so that we can cure amala, right? Well, that is simple. Frogs are amphibious egg-layers. So all we need to do is set up a number of nestboxes in the water, and hope that the shaman is female. Even if it isn't, we should still be able to capture a number of deadly fun swamp animals to add to our caravan's value. Speaking of value, once we are on dry land, we need to go about converting some empty kegs/barrels into beehives and capturing some bees. Cuz as we all know, one hive of bees is worth like 10K dorfbucks, making them AWESOME trading goods.
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then youkill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
Dwarf Fortress: So horrifying the players would rather talk about nice things, like Warhammer 40k.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: February 24, 2011, 04:06:07 pm »

And since we can talk to animals, we can tell the bees to get the eff in there or we're gonna eff them up bad. Eff.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: February 24, 2011, 08:40:34 pm »

And since we can talk to animals, we can tell the bees to get the eff in there or we're gonna eff them up bad. Eff.

Oh. Yeah, because threatening 10 000 bees can't go horribly, horribly wrong. :D
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: February 24, 2011, 09:57:31 pm »

Being polite to the bees will result in less stingy stings. Although bees don't exactly think... So I don't know how far that will get us.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: February 24, 2011, 10:00:38 pm »

hey, if a bird can steal 10 007 of them, we can easily tell the effing bees to get the eff in there. eff.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: February 24, 2011, 10:09:50 pm »

hey, if a bird can steal 10 007 of them, we can easily tell the effing bees to get the eff in there. eff.
Only to have them stolen by a random Macaque.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
[/quote]

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: February 24, 2011, 10:35:41 pm »

And then the maqacue is killed by a hunting dog and the rats then nabs the bees from his cold dead hands, and an adventurer then dustrbs many small creatures in a lair and shoves it in a cage with a bunch of knives and a copper high boot to sell for a silver warhammer.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: February 24, 2011, 10:45:02 pm »

And then the maqacue is killed by a hunting dog and the rats then nabs the bees from his cold dead hands, and an adventurer then dustrbs many small creatures in a lair and shoves it in a cage with a bunch of knives and a copper high boot to sell for a silver warhammer.

Naw. Shopkeepers won't take anything that "wriggles". That would include bees, I think.
[/quote]

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: February 24, 2011, 10:50:15 pm »

Naw. Shopkeepers won't take anything that "wriggles". That would include bees, I think.
Hide them all in the copper high boot, cover the top with the knives, and theres is now nothing wriggling. just Boot-in-a-cage.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: February 24, 2011, 11:02:13 pm »

I've sold a cage full of beetles to a shop keeper before. They'll accept it if it's in a cage.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: February 24, 2011, 11:03:25 pm »

I've sold a cage full of beetles to a shop keeper before. They'll accept it if it's in a cage.

Re-he-he-eally. That's interesting news.
[/quote]

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: February 24, 2011, 11:11:19 pm »

Re-he-he-eally. That's interesting news.

What? Don't believe me? Just ask a shop keeper, they "Can't accept soemthing that wriggles so. Maybe if it were in a cage...?"

Haven't you gotten that message before? I SELL BEETLES FOR HAMMERS, IT'S NOT A LIE!

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: February 24, 2011, 11:12:43 pm »

I think it's more that they're taking the cage, and don't care about the bugs. You're not selling them the bugs, you're selling the cage itself.

Also HOLY OFF TOPIC AND UNNEEDED QUOTE PYRAMID BATMAN.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 185