Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 185

Author Topic: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure  (Read 624488 times)

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure
« Reply #1620 on: February 05, 2011, 01:01:57 am »

Ah HA! Amala will be saved! FEAR NOT, fellow elf rooter-forers! With my Red Mage-esque intellect, I have devised a brilliant plan for the elves! Here's how this'll go down... (cue the "Mission: Impossible" theme)

STEP 1: The elf who was previously commiserating with the turtle shall tell the turtle to go to the frogman covered barge. The turtle will bite onto the back of it, unnoticed by the frogmen, and act as dead weight. Given it's immense turtle-powers, I'm certain it will bring the froggy ship to a halt.

STEP 2: The bowelves will fire arrows, not at the barge, but at overhanging vines, cutting them in such a way as to drop a rope from their barge to the frog barge. The expert marksman will pin the far end of the vine to the other barge with an arrow as it falls. Another elf will grab our end of the vine.

STEP 3: Now here comes the tricky part; IT WAS ALL A DIVERSION! What actually happened was the turtle had salt put in it's mouth by one of the elves! He trickles it aaaaaaaall around the water, preventing other frogmen from swimming there! Then that one bad-ass what's-his-face will come up from the water, because he was using his reed straw to breath underwater.

STEP 4:At this point, bad-ass pops up and slices the main frogman's hand off, dips it in the salty water, and stuffs it into a stone bowl he was carrying. Angling it in such a manner that the blast (from the salt) shakes the frogmen off of the barge, into the non-salty water.

STEP 5: The awesome turtle will be wearing an elf's hat, tricking the disoriented frogmen into thinking it's an elf, and then lead them away. I mean, frogmen are pretty stupid to begin with. The elvish barge should have caught up with the S.S. Froggy by now, and then...

STEP 6: VICTORY!!!!

IT SHALL WORK! I CAN FEEL IT!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 01:15:18 am by Araph »

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: February 05, 2011, 04:35:16 am »

Ah HA! Amala will be saved! FEAR NOT, fellow elf rooter-forers! With my Red Mage-esque intellect, I have devised a brilliant plan for the elves! Here's how this'll go down... (cue the "Mission: Impossible" theme)
There goes our chances of success...
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: February 05, 2011, 09:32:40 am »

There goes our chances of boredom...
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: February 05, 2011, 11:58:23 am »

Hey, now. Remember his last plan (the one involving his A-hole. And his B-Hole.). That one worked!

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: February 05, 2011, 01:09:39 pm »

Hey, now. Remember his last plan (the one involving his A-hole. And his B-Hole.). That one worked!
Ha ha ha ha...
A-hole...

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: February 05, 2011, 02:03:33 pm »

STEP 1: The elf who was previously commiserating with the turtle shall tell the turtle to go to the frogman covered barge. The turtle will bite onto the back of it, unnoticed by the frogmen, and act as dead weight. Given it's immense turtle-powers, I'm certain it will bring the froggy ship to a halt.

STEP 2: The bowelves will fire arrows, not at the barge, but at overhanging vines, cutting them in such a way as to drop a rope from their barge to the frog barge. The expert marksman will pin the far end of the vine to the other barge with an arrow as it falls. Another elf will grab our end of the vine.

STEP 3: Now here comes the tricky part; IT WAS ALL A DIVERSION! What actually happened was the turtle had salt put in it's mouth by one of the elves! He trickles it aaaaaaaall around the water, preventing other frogmen from swimming there! Then that one bad-ass what's-his-face will come up from the water, because he was using his reed straw to breath underwater.

STEP 4:At this point, bad-ass pops up and slices the main frogman's hand off, dips it in the salty water, and stuffs it into a stone bowl he was carrying. Angling it in such a manner that the blast (from the salt) shakes the frogmen off of the barge, into the non-salty water.

STEP 5: The awesome turtle will be wearing an elf's hat, tricking the disoriented frogmen into thinking it's an elf, and then lead them away. I mean, frogmen are pretty stupid to begin with. The elvish barge should have caught up with the S.S. Froggy by now, and then...

STEP 6: VICTORY!!!!

IT SHALL WORK! I CAN FEEL IT!

That was awesome to read while putting on the mission impossible theme just as you said to.

DO IT.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: February 05, 2011, 11:47:16 pm »

Yeah, that one's definitely got merit.  It's even got musical accompaniment.  The importance of theme music is well known (known, in fact, by the Red Mage in question).

--Rexfelum

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: February 05, 2011, 11:53:57 pm »

If I remember correctly, he even composed his own theme. And Thief's. I can't remember about Fighter or Black Mage. But this is a bit off topic. All in favor of the proposed plan (henceforth to be known as Operation Red Mage) say aye!

Aye!

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: February 06, 2011, 03:42:01 am »

Aye aye!

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: February 06, 2011, 04:09:54 am »

Aye!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: February 06, 2011, 07:06:03 am »

Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: February 06, 2011, 07:09:42 pm »

> I vote against all this 8bit theater stuff.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: February 06, 2011, 07:22:35 pm »

It isn't so much 8-Bit Theater stuff as it is similar to 8-Bit Theater stuff. And just out of curiosity, why're you voting against it?

EDIT: When answering, remember that this is Bay12. "Because it's stupid and/or insane" doesn't work here.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 11:07:21 pm by Araph »

Urist McOverlord

• Bay Watcher
  • [Evil_Genius]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: February 07, 2011, 10:13:14 am »

I vote in favor of the stupid and/or insane plan because I don't have one of my own.
Magma: The cause of, and solution to, all life's problems.

If it moves, it wants to kill you. It may not try to, but it wants to.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: February 07, 2011, 01:49:41 pm »

I vote in favor of the stupid and/or insane plan because I don't have one of my own.

I can second that.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 185