Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 185

Author Topic: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure  (Read 624743 times)

DrunkDorfPally

• Bay Watcher
  • "Mess wi' meh booze n' die!"
    • View Profile
Re: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure
« Reply #1500 on: January 11, 2011, 09:59:44 pm »

what is all this nonsense? We are elves! We should negotiate! And use thinly veiled insults as we do it!

Simply asking what the frogs want would be helpful. That would give them much time to posture and make demands instead of doing bad things to our brave leader!

(and give Plan Turtle a chance to develop)
well she did salt one and used him/her/it as a living bomb to kill most of his/her/it comrades I think negotiating out of that is impossible when she in their hold unlike the last time where the elephants still see her still in Enrage at all enemies mode.I guess the turtle would just ride up and cause traffic for the Frogbarge making it easier for the elves to make a clear shot and the frog with the knife, or hopefully the turtle summons a legion of friendly TurtleMen who maybe all skilled in Ambush.

I know just the people!  XD  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bojx9BDpJks&feature=related
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 10:04:12 pm by DrunkDorfPally »
Lemme introduce yer ta me friends: righty axe and lefty axe. They want ta kiss yer bloody face!
Lemme, AXE you a question!

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: January 12, 2011, 04:35:49 am »

what is all this nonsense? We are elves! We should negotiate! And use thinly veiled insults as we do it!

Simply asking what the frogs want would be helpful. That would give them much time to posture and make demands instead of doing bad things to our brave leader!

(and give Plan Turtle a chance to develop)
well she did salt one and used him/her/it as a living bomb to kill most of his/her/it comrades I think negotiating out of that is impossible when she in their hold unlike the last time where the elephants still see her still in Enrage at all enemies mode.I guess the turtle would just ride up and cause traffic for the Frogbarge making it easier for the elves to make a clear shot and the frog with the knife, or hopefully the turtle summons a legion of friendly TurtleMen who maybe all skilled in Ambush.

You have a point, but despite the violence between our two groups, we did manage to capture the titan/FB that had them cowering in fear. That must count for something, right?
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: January 12, 2011, 06:09:49 am »

Other elves begin firing on the frogs while the Turtle-watching elf jumps into the water to catch the turtle that has him so captivated. Said elf then either uses the turtle as his own hat or gives it to Amala when she wakes up.Or drowns before even catching it
Fixd

Also: It's alive! ALIVE! (I just found out, that this thread is ALIVE again)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 06:11:53 am by Dorten »
Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant
medals: 8/40
specials: 30/44
badges: 13:8:3:0:0

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: January 12, 2011, 09:28:41 am »

A blowpipe! One elf grabs a reed, cuts it into a blowpipe, stamps the salt/seasoning into a projectile, and blows it towards them!

However awesome this is, I must argue against using salt right now.  Consider the blast radius:

(Note the amphibian man on the right for size comparison.)  Now consider the barge and Amala's positioning therein:

Evidence suggests all the enemies are at the front, in that little area with no cloth covering.  Now mentally superimpose these two graphics. Explosions would be bad.

Also, for the record, the original mention of DELECTABLE SEASONING stated it is "that which every Elven veteran carries."  We do not know who among the elves counts as a "veteran" other than Amala, and her personal salt shaker is likely back in the makeshift camp.

Of course, those still in the camp could work on this as a backup plan.  In case "Plan Turtle" doesn't pan out.

--Rexfelum

i still think that explosion was the titan's fire breath.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: January 12, 2011, 09:36:03 am »

It had a flaming tongue, but I don't recall any fire breath.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: January 12, 2011, 10:10:26 am »

Ngusnogsted Obngot, The Titan has come! It's humanoid body resembles that of a giant toad with great gnashing teeth. Beware it's fiery breath!

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: January 12, 2011, 01:56:44 pm »

You have a point, but despite the violence between our two groups, we did manage to capture the titan/FB that had them cowering in fear. That must count for something, right?

Why d'ya people keep talking about this as a good thing?  Right when the game resumed, before we actually saw them froggies attack, DarkerDark mentioned a concerning possibility:

Also, there is still the threat of an amphibian man attack. Though they were repulsed once before, you now have their god, the Great Titan, Ngusnogsted Obngot. They might not let you walk away without some sort of rescue attempt, and the flooding wetlands only works to their advantage if it comes to another fight.

. . . And now they're on the attack.  How's this for a guess: the amphibian man assault team wants to kidnap Amala so they can trade her for the titan.  A leader for a leader.  The caravan suffered 22 lost barrels of strawberry wine (20 consumed, 2 smashed), 2 dead elves (eaten), and a coma just to capture the titan, and if the frogs have their way then every last bit could be for nothing.  Elves of Amanereli, will you stand for this?

i still think that explosion was the titan's fire breath.

"Still"?  I can't find where you mentioned this before.  The possibility deserves discussion.

Though, the smoke on the enemy's head does indicate some reaction.

--Rexfelum

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: January 12, 2011, 05:11:54 pm »

If the explosion was from the titan's fire breath, why did he use it on his worshippers when their are perfectly tasty elves to roast?

The explosion was definitively caused by the salt.

Plus the titan didn't arrive until after the explosion. Also, I point to this following quote:

Hurling the salted frogman into it's comrades produces a horrendous explosion. Combat comes to a stop as all eyes fall upon the rising fireball that was once an amphibian man.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: January 12, 2011, 11:44:49 pm »

The elves... I cant bring myself to murder them as they arrive to trade...

WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU DONE TO ME

EDIT: Also, if your wondering, I did indeed just find this out.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 11:47:47 pm by QuakeIV »
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: January 12, 2011, 11:58:24 pm »

Yeah . . . we're gonna have to see what the nice citizens of Copper Gates do to the caravan when it arrives.  There are many, many possibilities.

--Rexfelum

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: January 13, 2011, 12:01:10 am »

Yeah . . . we're gonna have to see what the nice citizens of Copper Gates do to the caravan when it arrives.  There are many, many possibilities.

--Rexfelum
http://www.mkv25.net/dfma/poi-15158-teh-awsom-elvmerchandgritterdevice
I still think that's the best way
Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: January 13, 2011, 12:01:38 am »

I fully expect the dwarfs to be extremely pleased with what the elves bring with them, though I dunno how well the elves themselves will do.

Hopefully some decent commerce will ensue.

I know id want a pair of elephants, and a frog titan to tame.

Id just probably kill the elves to get them.

--Rexfelum
http://www.mkv25.net/dfma/poi-15158-teh-awsom-elvmerchandgritterdevice
I still think that's the best way

I fully expect to see that.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: January 13, 2011, 03:00:35 am »

Is an elf secretly wearing the turtle on his/her head? Maybe breathing through a reed or something, despite nothing being shown in the water?

Although this idea is patently absurd, and surely will not be incorporated by DarkerDark into the next update in any way, it has gotten me thinking.  Valo Tradedstalks is known to be a bowelf with no armor:

7 Bowelves - unarmored, skilled ambushers

Also, he has a side weapon (short sword), which can be convenient.  And since we don't see him with the elves on the small barge, we don't know what he is doing.  Who is to say that Valo doesn't have a subtle plan in motion?  Who is to say the elf is not dashing unseen along the shoreline, waiting for the moment to fire an arrow?  Or even sneaking up underwater through some mechanism that clearly no-one has suggested before me, to lunge out and slit an amphibian man's throat?

And . . . if DarkerDark says "No, Valo isn't doing that," it could still be cool for the future.

--Rexfelum

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: January 13, 2011, 06:02:00 am »

Is an elf secretly wearing the turtle on his/her head? Maybe breathing through a reed or something, despite nothing being shown in the water?

Although this idea is patently absurd, and surely will not be incorporated by DarkerDark into the next update in any way, it has gotten me thinking.  Valo Tradedstalks is known to be a bowelf with no armor:

7 Bowelves - unarmored, skilled ambushers

Also, he has a side weapon (short sword), which can be convenient.  And since we don't see him with the elves on the small barge, we don't know what he is doing.  Who is to say that Valo doesn't have a subtle plan in motion?  Who is to say the elf is not dashing unseen along the shoreline, waiting for the moment to fire an arrow?  Or even sneaking up underwater through some mechanism that clearly no-one has suggested before me, to lunge out and slit an amphibian man's throat?

And . . . if DarkerDark says "No, Valo isn't doing that," it could still be cool for the future.

--Rexfelum

And many still believe, that there are more frogmen underwater. Ant that underwater is more for them, than for elves. So, methinks, going underwater isn't going to work.

Yep that's me: ruining other's plans without suggesting anything in return!
Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: January 14, 2011, 03:51:59 am »

Why d'ya people keep talking about this as a good thing?  Right when the game resumed, before we actually saw them froggies attack, DarkerDark mentioned a concerning possibility:

Also, there is still the threat of an amphibian man attack. Though they were repulsed once before, you now have their god, the Great Titan, Ngusnogsted Obngot. They might not let you walk away without some sort of rescue attempt, and the flooding wetlands only works to their advantage if it comes to another fight.

I guess I just think that since they were terrified of their god, and he was eating them, that they might be happy to have more religious freedom. Perhaps we need to try gaining some converts? Do we have any shamanic missionaries (whoa. role reversal) in our ranks?

Either way, if they are trying to capture Amala for a trade, I still say engaging them in discussion would be a good start to not getting Amala killeded right off.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 185