Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 185

Author Topic: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure  (Read 624671 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure
« Reply #1485 on: January 10, 2011, 06:37:26 pm »

well I prefer team pet since the dwarves would probably abuse it

EDIT: WOOHOO I made the hundredth page!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 07:05:17 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: January 10, 2011, 06:47:11 pm »

well I prefer team pet since the dwarves would probably abuse it

Looks like we got some of them are watching this thread already.
I say one of the elves should use as a headpet (wear it like a head, just alive).. wait.. Amala is missing her hat..

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: January 10, 2011, 07:02:34 pm »

Oh hey, 100th page, I wonder if there will be any celebration in order?

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: January 10, 2011, 07:09:29 pm »

Other elves begin firing on the frogs while the Turtle-watching elf jumps into the water to catch the turtle that has him so captivated. Said elf then either uses the turtle as his own hat or gives it to Amala when she wakes up.
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: January 10, 2011, 09:51:48 pm »

Oh hey, 100th page, I wonder if there will be any celebration in order?

Back on-topic, I just counted the number of turtle-related suggestions so far.  Twelve.  You people.

I still hold out hope that the turtle will go forth to distract the lead frog with its cuteness.  Another concern no-one seems to have mentioned is that at least three of the enemies have blowguns, including the hypothetical "leader," and they probably use drugged darts.  If the amphibian men want to fight (and, after the past struggle, we have to assume they do), then any form of attack that requires getting close is a bad idea.  I approve of a combo of adorable turtle intervention and swift arrow volley.  Then, well, you can talk about hats all you want.

--Rexfelum

DrunkDorfPally

• Bay Watcher
  • "Mess wi' meh booze n' die!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: January 10, 2011, 10:45:44 pm »

Enlist aid of the majestic turtle

*Ahem*

THIIIIS.

Thiiiiiiiiis.

(Then shoot the frogmen when the turtle proves less then majestic.)

That.  W/ salted arrows.  XP  And the legendary turtle titan is summoned by the lil' turtle to save the day! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNy73PP-YeI  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27TvW82iR1E&feature=related  "The small turtle summons, Ghamgura, the legendary Turtle Titan!  Beware its flying body slam shell attack!"
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 11:06:10 pm by DrunkDorfPally »
Lemme introduce yer ta me friends: righty axe and lefty axe. They want ta kiss yer bloody face!
Lemme, AXE you a question!

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: January 11, 2011, 12:08:43 am »

what is all this nonsense? We are elves! We should negotiate! And use thinly veiled insults as we do it!

Simply asking what the frogs want would be helpful. That would give them much time to posture and make demands instead of doing bad things to our brave leader!

(and give Plan Turtle a chance to develop)
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: January 11, 2011, 02:17:35 am »

what is all this nonsense? We are elves! We should negotiate! And use thinly veiled insults as we do it!

Simply asking what the frogs want would be helpful. That would give them much time to posture and make demands instead of doing bad things to our brave leader!

well she did salt one and used him/her/it as a living bomb to kill most of his/her/it comrades I think negotiating out of that is impossible when she in their hold unlike the last time where the elephants still see her still in Enrage at all enemies mode.I guess the turtle would just ride up and cause traffic for the Frogbarge making it easier for the elves to make a clear shot and the frog with the knife, or hopefully the turtle summons a legion of friendly TurtleMen who maybe all skilled in Ambush.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Jiri Petru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: January 11, 2011, 06:38:48 am »

This is a great thread, nice to see it back alive. Will be following this.
Yours,
Markus Cz. Clasplashes

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: January 11, 2011, 02:21:31 pm »

"Plan Turtle" . . .

So, something like: quickly shout "What do you want?" and wait for any immediate response.  If they stop with the "menacing-actions-towards-Amala" thing and respond, then proceed to negotiate et cetera.  If they do not stop, skewer them with a volley of arrows before they can kill Amala and/or use her as a shield.  Yes?

--Rexfelum

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: January 11, 2011, 03:47:43 pm »

If we have a bag of salt and some type of low explosive, and if we can get close enough...

>:D
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: January 11, 2011, 05:36:12 pm »

A blowpipe! One elf grabs a reed, cuts it into a blowpipe, stamps the salt/seasoning into a projectile, and blows it towards them!

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Naes Draw

• Bay Watcher
  • She likes modding for their customizability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: January 11, 2011, 05:41:55 pm »

A blowpipe! One elf grabs a reed, cuts it into a blowpipe, stamps the salt/seasoning into a projectile, and blows it towards them!

I say! This innovation may yet show them what for! I approve wholeheartedly!
[CREATURE:CAT]
   [NAME:sena cat:sena cat:sena cat]
   [INTELLIGENT] [MISCHIEVOUS] [FEMALE]
   [PREFSTRING:craziness]
   [SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_SHOES:UNCOMMON]
   [PERMITTED_JOB:MODDER]

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: January 11, 2011, 05:42:48 pm »

I say! This innovation may yet show them what for! I approve wholeheartedly!

frogmen are considerably better in the water than elves, no we stay in the boat and fire arrows.

TURTLE POWER!!!
What do you think? Yes? No?

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: January 11, 2011, 07:29:57 pm »

However awesome this is, I must argue against using salt right now.  Consider the blast radius:

(Note the amphibian man on the right for size comparison.)  Now consider the barge and Amala's positioning therein:

Evidence suggests all the enemies are at the front, in that little area with no cloth covering.  Now mentally superimpose these two graphics. Explosions would be bad.

Also, for the record, the original mention of DELECTABLE SEASONING stated it is "that which every Elven veteran carries."  We do not know who among the elves counts as a "veteran" other than Amala, and her personal salt shaker is likely back in the makeshift camp.

Of course, those still in the camp could work on this as a backup plan.  In case "Plan Turtle" doesn't pan out.

--Rexfelum
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 185