Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 185

Author Topic: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure  (Read 624571 times)

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
Re: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure
« Reply #1455 on: January 10, 2011, 11:19:27 am »

This comic needs eyepatched pirate frogs, and olm shoulder pets, and Amala should preferably wake up to a giant carp, only to pass out kill us all.
Enlist aid of the majestic turtle

*Ahem*

THIIIIS.

I fully support the above quotes
Thiiiiiiiiis.

(Then shoot the frogmen when the turtle proves less then majestic.)
Thiiiiiis.
Fire at the frog with the knife!

This comic needs eyepatched pirate frogs, and olm shoulder pets, and Amala should preferably wake up to a giant carp, only to pass out.
Oh yessssssss!
Thiiis?
Okay, I've got my 'ideas' (quotes) down.
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

Urist McOverlord

• Bay Watcher
  • [Evil_Genius]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: January 10, 2011, 11:37:10 am »

Shoot froggy McKnife-in-hand. Then the rest of them. I count 8 bowelves to 4 frogs we can do this. Unless anybody points out why it won't work. Then we're screwed.
Magma: The cause of, and solution to, all life's problems.

If it moves, it wants to kill you. It may not try to, but it wants to.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: January 10, 2011, 12:29:56 pm »

I can't believe I missed this epic thread. I normally avoid threads with "elves" and "paint adventure". Posting to watch :P

Also, don't shoot them. It's not like the bowelves are marksmen. Just keep following, wait for an opportunity to open up.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: January 10, 2011, 12:40:05 pm »

Shoot froggy McKnife-in-hand. Then the rest of them. I count 8 bowelves to 4 frogs we can do this. Unless anybody points out why it won't work. Then we're screwed.
Except for the off-chance that the arrow skewers Amala it ought to work.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: January 10, 2011, 12:43:46 pm »

The wind is strong and against us? :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: January 10, 2011, 01:35:19 pm »

This comic needs eyepatched pirate frogs, and olm shoulder pets, and Amala should preferably wake up to a giant carp, only to pass out kill us all.

*Ahem*

THIIIIS.

Thiiiiiiiiis.

Thiiiiiis.

This comic needs eyepatched pirate frogs, and olm shoulder pets, and Amala should preferably wake up to a giant carp, only to pass out.
Oh yessssssss!
Thiiis?

Oh for the love of.. someone need to kill off.. this that.. meme.. thing.. it have gotten out of hand several times already.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: January 10, 2011, 01:38:05 pm »

*Ahem*

THIIIIS.

Thiiiiiiiiis.

Thiiiiiis.

Oh yessssssss!
Thiiis?

Oh for the love of.. someone need to kill off.. this that.. meme.. thing.. it have gotten out of hand several times already.

Wait for it.

Wait for it.

Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis.

(Bum-Dum Tsk!)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: January 10, 2011, 01:39:30 pm »

Just no. And god helps if it leaks into other threads like before with maxicaxi, so annoying.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: January 10, 2011, 01:48:15 pm »

*Ahem*

THIIIIS.

Thiiiiiiiiis.

Thiiiiiis.

Oh yessssssss!
Thiiis?

Yeah guys! We don't want Ngusnogsted Obngot breaking out of his cage to show you what for!  :P

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: January 10, 2011, 01:48:54 pm »

Didn't Toady come in here because of that thiiiiiiiiiiiis thing? That's more than enough reason to cut it out.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #1465 on: January 10, 2011, 01:49:10 pm »

No more of THIIIIS meme, enjoy that a drug addled elf died to give this meme the right any meme deserves and let it fade away.

For the sake of kindness please take it off this forum and where the memes live and thrive and have little meme babies.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: January 10, 2011, 01:49:41 pm »

Alright, in what (majestic) manner would you like its aid?  I'm just getting flashbacks to an elf making elephant noises right now.  Once you're done with the majesty . . .

Shoot froggy McKnife-in-hand. Then the rest of them. I count 8 bowelves to 4 frogs we can do this. Unless anybody points out why it won't work.

The wind is strong and against us?

Also, don't shoot them. It's not like the bowelves are marksmen. Just keep following, wait for an opportunity to open up.

Shooting is risky, but I don't think these concerns really cover the situation.  First, there's an amphibian man being scary with a knife right now.  Next, the wind has shown no indications of being very strong.  Lastly, let's look at the skill of the bowelves.  What is known:

10 Bowelves - armored
7 Bowelves - unarmored, skilled ambushers
10 Spearelves - shield and armored
8 untrained Spearelves
8 untrained Swordselves

Some elves were conscripted, and all the rest are "not untrained," whatever that means.  It probably means a minimum of "skilled."  The armored bowelves in the boat differ from the others in that they are not ambushers: if we are lucky, then in addition to putting that training into "Armor Use" skill, they may have even more training in bow use, so the concern they are not "marksmen" is only relative to Amala's superior skill.  Looking here:

Amala skewered the middle amphibian man (and it's predecessor on the ground), while the unarmored archers at her shoulders got half of their targets.  Now, looking here:

There is one archer ready at the prow, one elf on turtle duty, and six rowing.  If you want to fire upon the barge, a better question might be how many elves should do which task?

--Rexfelum
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 01:51:30 pm by Rexfelum »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: January 10, 2011, 01:53:36 pm »

There should be around 8 so we have 3~ elfs free if we want to keep up this amazing speed.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: January 10, 2011, 02:24:01 pm »

There is at least one frogman between amala and the elves, so there is no danger of hitting amala if we try to shoot.

Alright, in what (majestic) manner would you like its aid?  I'm just getting flashbacks to an elf making elephant noises right now.  Once you're done with the majesty . . .

Take a look at the elf on turtle duty.

Look at his focus and concentration. He is clearly not idly watching the turtle, he has a plan. It's entirely possible that he has been conversing witht he turtle as it passed.

Now look at what the turtle did afterwards. Instead of running away, or diving, away from any danger, it forged its way ahead of the barge. Not only is that indicative of its immense swimming power, you can see in its beady little eyes that it has a task.

Having just proved itself as capable of outpacing the barge, it could try to swim against it, pushing it back towards the elves. Alternatively, the murky waters were able to reveal no fewer than four frogmen. Who knows what lurks beneath? It's entirely possible that a horde of turtles lies below, ready to burst forth in all their glory, and make short work of the frogmen.

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: January 10, 2011, 02:33:07 pm »

There is at least one frogman between amala and the elves, so there is no danger of hitting amala if we try to shoot.

Take a look at the elf on turtle duty.

Look at his focus and concentration. He is clearly not idly watching the turtle, he has a plan. It's entirely possible that he has been conversing witht he turtle as it passed.

Now look at what the turtle did afterwards. Instead of running away, or diving, away from any danger, it forged its way ahead of the barge. Not only is that indicative of its immense swimming power, you can see in its beady little eyes that it has a task.

Having just proved itself as capable of outpacing the barge, it could try to swim against it, pushing it back towards the elves. Alternatively, the murky waters were able to reveal no fewer than four frogmen. Who knows what lurks beneath? It's entirely possible that a horde of turtles lies below, ready to burst forth in all their glory, and make short work of the frogmen.
Good lord! Yes! Yes! A thousand times yes my good man(?)! This Post makes me weep tears of joy as I read!
*Takes monocle off*
Thiii- Oh, uh... Yeah.
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 185