Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 185

Author Topic: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure  (Read 624147 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure
« Reply #1365 on: January 05, 2011, 03:26:18 pm »

High-speed barge chase.
By the Tranquil Forest, Yes!
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: January 05, 2011, 03:29:52 pm »

High-speed barge chase.
The return of this thread has resulted in two avatars related to it. Neat. (Translation: This)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: January 05, 2011, 03:34:33 pm »

Darkerdark, how do you keep one-upping yourself? This is amazing and awesome in a million ways I can't even say it transcends words!

IDEA on high speed barges; Lets tie two barrels together, then tie the frothing elf on the backside and stick a stick into it's bran until it starts flailing violently enough to work like an engine and at high velocity propel a few elves standing on top of the barrels and carrying oars to the barge!
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: January 05, 2011, 03:36:30 pm »

Armok has a good idea.
But how do you get to an elven brain with a stick?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: January 05, 2011, 03:41:45 pm »

Armok has a good idea.
D:
But seriously, that idea is pretty cool.
Maybe we could use the frog titan to propel us. I mean, he is a frog. We just have to make him kick.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: January 05, 2011, 03:56:07 pm »

Armok has a good idea.
D:
Maybe we could use the frog titan to propel us. I mean, he is a frog. We just have to make him kick.

You mean kick us all to death? (Translation: Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis.)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: January 05, 2011, 03:56:31 pm »

Armok has a good idea.
D:
I knew someone would do that.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: January 05, 2011, 04:04:07 pm »

High-speed barge chase.
The return of this thread has resulted in two avatars related to it. Neat. (Translation: This)
I want this.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: January 05, 2011, 04:05:27 pm »

Armok has a good idea.
D:

You mean kick us all to death? (Translation: Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis.)
Probably.
(Translation: Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii- COUGH COUGH)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: January 05, 2011, 04:19:43 pm »

okay screw My old plan. remember that tongue the titan had well we just aim his cage at the barge and fire it by heating up a hot stick and poking it(may or may not lead to shooting it's fire breathe out which will worn out the wooden cage and grab a couple of elves mostly 2 of different gender and hoop back down his hole with several of the booze).
(better pull out that elf to Common translation "Siiiiiiiiiiiiihhhhhhttttt .. Siithhhh uhh Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis")
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: January 05, 2011, 04:32:33 pm »

IDEA on high speed barges; Lets tie two barrels together, then tie the frothing elf on the backside and stick a stick into it's bran until it starts flailing violently enough to work like an engine and at high velocity propel a few elves standing on top of the barrels and carrying oars to the barge!

For reference, keep in mind there is a healthy number of empty barrels and other materials to duplicate/improve the design:

12 empty barrels (8 used in building the barge)
9 spindles of rope reed rope
7 bundles of wood blessed by the druids (1 used in building the barge)

Even if enough get reserved to make another barge later ('cause, you know, anything we use now might get smashed up), there are still 4 barrels and plenty of the rest.  I find myself most concerned about the means of locomotion.  Laceci-Ireci the elf may already be dead.  Of course, his corpse might still be twitching . . .

Are any of the "assorted herbs" stimulants, for crying out loud?

--Rexfelum

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: January 05, 2011, 04:46:42 pm »

Double post, whatever.

The return of this thread has resulted in two avatars related to it. Neat.

Yeah, but nothing yet related to the very thing you quoted:

Drug-induced cry.  Rallying cry.  This thread knows no difference.

I was trying to brush my teeth.  It's very hard to brush your teeth when laughing.  I blame you!

--Rexfelum

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: January 05, 2011, 11:21:19 pm »

Armok has a good idea.
D:
Nonononono. Frog Titan stays in Frog Titan Cage. No messing with the Frog Titan Cage. Until we let the dwarves move it to the Depot (and we all know how that always turns out) ;)
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: January 06, 2011, 12:00:45 am »

Ah ha!

Oh goodness, I'm thinking about this stuff way too much.  But I may have an idea that could solve the locomotion problem.  All we have to do is roll up our sleeves and fudge a little biochemistry.

I find myself most concerned about the means of locomotion.  Laceci-Ireci the elf may already be dead.  Of course, his corpse might still be twitching . . .

Are any of the "assorted herbs" stimulants, for crying out loud?

About the best we have right now would be a twitching corpse, making brain surgery less than useful.  When I mentioned stimulants, I was thinking of making some non-dead elves hyper.  Then I realized something.  We know:

Experimentation with local drugs = DarkerDark kills an elf, replete with horrifying spasms

Okay, so, what about drug interactions?  What would have happened if we had one more turn to experiment, and told DarkerDark we wanted to combine local drugs with the elves' own?  I think it's fairly obvious:

Even stupider experimentation on local drug/"assorted herb" interactions = DarkerDark kills an elf EVEN WORSE

This must be true, else there's no counter-incentive to player stupidity.  The interaction must be worse.  Maybe, like with the DELECTABLE SEASONING, it would be even more violent than we expect.  Why don't we just take advantage of how these things work?  This is SCIENCE!

So:

1.  Make a small barge out of 2 barrels for high-speed deployment.
2.  Strap Laceci-Ireci (that's his name, alright?) to the back of the small barge before he stops twitching.  (This scene had a sort of "meanwhile" implication to it anyway.)
3.  Load up some very light elves with makeshift oars, then get them on board.
4.  Administer "assorted herbs" to the poor wretch.  Like crazy.  Maybe even sprinkle salt on him.  (Hey, we were told it's used on the dead.)  Then STAND BACK.
5.  Pray to the spirits of nature for forgiveness.

1a.  Meanwhile, admit that plan "PropellerElf Alpha" has no chance in the underworld, and make another small barge out of 2 barrels.  Then have the strongest elves row out quickly to Amala.  It's not like she's trying to get away!

--Rexfelum

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: January 06, 2011, 12:39:01 am »

Frogmen: hop on that barge with Amala.

Have grand time.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 185