Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 185

Author Topic: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure  (Read 624076 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure
« Reply #1305 on: January 02, 2011, 03:14:01 pm »

>Cacame Mcdumbelf: Slap Amala awake
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: January 02, 2011, 03:15:35 pm »

>Cacame Mcdumbelf: Slap Amala awake
THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS :D
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: January 02, 2011, 03:16:51 pm »

Whoa, whoa, whoa!  People, you're talking about dragging Amala through a swamp, hoping that she's gonna wake up all cheerful and friendly-like, and you're missing the first thing:

WHERE IS AMALA'S HAT?

You know, this nice deal with the one white flower and two red flowers?  Last seen being slightly discombobulated by the titan, then put on its head?  If she comes to her senses tied up ("restrained") to a wooden plank, or, worse, some pack animal's back, and you folks tell her you lost her hat, more elves are gonna be drinking swamp water, if you know what I mean.

How about this order of events:

1.  Find Amala's hat.  Replace the flowers.  If this cannot be accomplished, then inform all elves with hats that they are to offer their hat, unconditionally, to Amala upon her waking.

2.  Appoint an interim leader who doesn't spend too much time singing.  Grass-chewin' elf seems to be an archer, and the archers have shown discipline in the past, so he could be good.

3.  Build a barge already.

4.  Restrain Amala, and get out of Dodge.

--Rexfelum

I agree with the above proposition.... also

I agree with trying to slap Alama awake, if she wakes up awesomeness should ensue.
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: January 02, 2011, 04:38:00 pm »

WOW! Art is better than ever! Also, the Awesome quotient is as high as ever!
Expressive Elfy-faces - Awesome!
Dopey Tokey Smokey Faces - Awesome!
TitanInACage Reaction Face - Awesome!
I vote we call him Jeremiah. Because Jeremiah was a bull frog. Who helped me drink my wine.

Count another vote for the straw-chewer.

Also - elves need to start testing traditional frogman "herbs".
"I'll neveeeer smoke weeed with Froggiee agaaain"   :D

♪ if that isn't a trad. Elfy sing-song, I don't know what is.
♫ if that wouldn't become a trad. Elfy sing-song, then I'm waaay off about their hippy-dippy-ness.
♫♪ As to Amala's Hat. We need to trade for a new, better hat, as soon as possible. Perhaps one a-like-a-this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: January 02, 2011, 05:12:38 pm »

We've been in this situation before. We know what to do.
I think we should arouse Amala

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: January 02, 2011, 07:53:49 pm »

Oh my... This is amazing beyond words. The art is even BETTER than before! So adorable... and dare I say, shippable? Amala <3 Grass-chewin' elf who really needs a name OTP!

Darkerdark, you are an amazing artist.

1.  Find Amala's hat.  Replace the flowers.  If this cannot be accomplished, then inform all elves with hats that they are to offer their hat, unconditionally, to Amala upon her waking.

2.  Appoint an interim leader who doesn't spend too much time singing.  Grass-chewin' elf seems to be an archer, and the archers have shown discipline in the past, so he could be good.

3.  Build a barge already.

4.  Restrain Amala, and get out of Dodge.

--Rexfelum
This neatly summarizes all the best ideas so far, I think we should execute this course of action.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: January 02, 2011, 08:19:59 pm »

This neatly summarizes all the best ideas so far, I think we should execute this course of action.

Well, there's still the question of whether it's worth it to encourage percussive wakefulness techniques upon Amala's face.  I mean, are we in this for fun, or for fun?

But sidestepping the horrifying prospect of waking her up, a failed attempt could itself work well for storytelling.  For instance, what if grass-chewin' elf is the one who does it?  By showing enough guts to actually try something, he might shock the other elves out of complacency.  After that, he could seize control.

. . . And thanks to my choice of phrasing, I am now picturing grass-chewin' elf turning evil and staging a coup.  Maybe I shouldn't have said anything.

--Rexfelum

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: January 02, 2011, 08:21:48 pm »

wasn't the grass chewing elf based on one of the posters?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: January 02, 2011, 08:28:05 pm »

wasn't the grass chewing elf based on one of the posters?

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=55601.msg1373921#msg1373921

Not so much based on a poster as on a post.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: January 03, 2011, 05:33:44 am »

If one looks close, ALL events are based on posts. Even the Giant Toad is based on Toady One who came in and had to do some moderation. This is what makes this story so great.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: January 03, 2011, 06:58:41 am »

We've been in this situation before. We know what to do.
I think we should arouse Amala

We must, because, we can.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: January 03, 2011, 07:04:33 am »

"For the good of all us, except the ones that are dead."

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: January 03, 2011, 07:28:25 am »

If one looks close, ALL events are based on posts. Even the giant Toad is based on Toady One who came in and had to do some moderation. This is what makes this story so great.
You know guys, this really is the danger of letting too many elves die; you wont be able to do anything anymore...or the remaining elves will become schizophrenic with multiple personality disorders.
 I have a feeling that the players who have gotten themselves killed are being/(going to be) ignored for actions, but I haven't spent the time to confirm it.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: January 03, 2011, 07:50:07 am »

I don't think DD is tracking individual players, but just mixes&matches posts with elves.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: January 03, 2011, 05:05:51 pm »

For the record:

So yeah, in answer to your question, this post was just to get the momentum up. Heh.

Now that you've done so, don't stress yourself out thinking we'll expect a huge post every time.  Relax, and try not to get sick of drawing elves.  We need our elves.  Elves.  Elves . . .

But yeah, I just checked and you've averaged four-and-a-half pictures per post, including strategic imagery duplication.

--Rexfelum

P.S.: Could we get an updated inventory list?  We can calculate the losses to the wine stock, but with "days" having passed I'm starting to worry about food.  I have some other thoughts, but those will wait for another turn.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 185