Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 185

Author Topic: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure  (Read 624891 times)

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
Re: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure
« Reply #915 on: May 27, 2010, 07:07:10 pm »

Hold them off with the spearmen while amala trains the elephants into war elephants! Take the swampy forest with elephant anger and elf blood!
thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis
NO! NOT THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS AGAIN!
But, yeah, do thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis.
Fiiiiiiiiiiiiix'd
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: May 27, 2010, 07:12:32 pm »

Holy hell, what part of stop do you guys not understand with the i nonsense.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: May 27, 2010, 07:14:41 pm »

Surprisingly, I find myself agreeing with the "Tame the elephants" idea.

Not only can they help defend the caravan, but training them to only go into a murderous slaughter frenzy on command (as opposed to as soon as you open the cage) adds value to them. Remember, merchanting is our primary objective.

Just make sure not to rely on them too heavily- they're no good to us dead.

Speaking of which, bury the bodies already for fuck's sake. Except for the elephant- butcher and salt it so we can sell it's meat/ivory/bones to the dwarves. They'll respect meat and bones a lot more than twigs and berries.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Tabithda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: May 27, 2010, 09:56:56 pm »

I, in my opinion, think that trying to tame the elephants we have into war elephants is an absolutely horrible idea, and here are four good reasons for that belief:

1. I do not think that we can tame the beasts, whether by threatening them by death if they do not fight, commanding them to fight, or by promising them treats if they fight. It just will not work, and even if it does, it would take way to long for our purposes, which brings me to the second point:

2. It would far take to long to tame the elephants into war elephants, and I highly doubt that the frog men that are already attacking us are going to wait around as we try to tame these beasts. By the time the elephants are theoretically "tamed", the attack will be long over.

3. I do not believe that if we do release these beasts that they will charge at the enemy. Rather, I feel it is more likely that the beasts will make a run for it to the plains behind us, and thus by doing so they will run along the narrow piece of land that we came in on, where there are few or no frog men, but many elves and mules.

4. Even if we somehow manage to tame the elephants into beasts of war and mange to get them to charge at the frog men, I feel that there is a minuscule chance at the beasts being effective weapons against our enemy the frog men. The frog men would either let the elephants get stuck in the mud(thus allowing the frog men to freely kill the beasts), quickly use their spears as javelins and kill the beasts before they do much damage(okay, this one is less likely to happen, but it just might), or they will just run away and leave us with the awkward position of trying to get the beasts to go back into the cages that they have been put in. Remember that we do not want to lose the elephants, because then we will not be able to trade them with the dwarves.

I think we just simply fight them off. After all, we are physically stronger(I believe we are at least) than them and we have the better weapons. As long as we keep formation we should win. Also, we should use our bows against them when we can, but make sure that we will not accidentally hit other elves in doing so.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: May 27, 2010, 11:15:54 pm »

Well, obviously it'd take too long to be useful for this fight, which is why we have some of the non-combatants do it while the warriors take care of the frogmen.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: May 28, 2010, 11:56:07 am »

Well, i think it`s pretty easy. Amala walks up to one elephant and intimidates him. Then she promises him glory, blood and an uncaged life as her mount. Just think about it: A war elephant and on his back Amala! They could conquer slay the whole world.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: May 28, 2010, 12:35:50 pm »

Well, i think it`s pretty easy. Amala walks up to one elephant and intimidates him. Then she promises him glory, blood and an uncaged life as her mount. Just think about it: A war elephant and on his back Amala! They could conquer slay the whole world.

??? goal= world peace
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: May 28, 2010, 02:24:10 pm »

??? goal= world peace

That's why we want to conquer it.
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: May 28, 2010, 02:43:48 pm »

Right, they can't go to war if they're dead.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: May 28, 2010, 09:25:11 pm »

Hmm... we should defend ourselves while retreating out of the swamp or to the least flammable spot, making every possible attempt to give  the appearance of just wanting to get the heck out, AND THEN KILL THE SLIMY FREAKS WITH FIRE AND BUILD A TEMPLE TO... i dunno, some pansy elven god of war... OUT OF THEIR CORPSES!
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: May 28, 2010, 10:55:49 pm »

Hmm... we should defend ourselves while retreating out of the swamp or to the least flammable spot, making every possible attempt to give  the appearance of just wanting to get the heck out, AND THEN KILL THE SLIMY FREAKS WITH FIRE AND BUILD A TEMPLE TO... i dunno, some pansy elven god of war... OUT OF THEIR CORPSES!

As much as I support KTWF in general, we would burn the trees.

So that's not going to happen.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: May 30, 2010, 11:58:24 pm »

bump
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: May 31, 2010, 04:15:13 am »

bump

It's Monday now. The next update will be most propably on Friday :P

At least, considering DarkerDark words...
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: June 04, 2010, 03:37:42 am »

Still bump. So that everyone sees it.
Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant
medals: 8/40
specials: 30/44
badges: 13:8:3:0:0

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: June 04, 2010, 04:42:09 pm »

hmm... ok, new plan.. we are elves, so we should be able to talk to trees, I guess, so... carefully move the wagon into the trees, ask them to stop the frogmen without killing them (HippiesElves, remember), find a dry spot, and then caulk the carts and float across the riverswamp.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 185