Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 185

Author Topic: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure  (Read 624524 times)

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure
« Reply #510 on: May 11, 2010, 08:52:36 pm »

Another sentry, spotting the commotion yells out to the elf closest to him, "Arouse Amala and the other sleepers! Quickly!" Unfortunately, the elf misinterprets the sentry's intentions.

Amala wakes to a disturbing image, an elf waving his shirt around while gyrating rhythmically.
OH MY GOD THAT IS ME AS AN ELF.
Sure, I died, but I died semi-naked and in the act of romancing, which is, to elves, like dying in battle is to dwarves.
I'm so happy right now :D

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: May 11, 2010, 09:10:43 pm »

WHAT DO YOU DRAW WITH
I use the Intuos4 drawing tablet with Open Canvas, a drawing program that uses some of the brushes from Photoshop. I use an older version, one that has a wonky layer system that makes it take forever to color backgrounds.

is that the one that allows multiple artists to draw on a server-esque structure? I downloaded it awhile ago.. never really got into it.

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: May 11, 2010, 09:21:02 pm »

WHAT DO YOU DRAW WITH
I use the Intuos4 drawing tablet with Open Canvas, a drawing program that uses some of the brushes from Photoshop. I use an older version, one that has a wonky layer system that makes it take forever to color backgrounds.

is that the one that allows multiple artists to draw on a server-esque structure? I downloaded it awhile ago.. never really got into it.

Yeah, there's an option for that, though I've never used it. I think my sisters use PaintSAI. I've tried GIMP as well, but it tends to lag with larger images.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: May 11, 2010, 09:45:22 pm »

FUCKING SHIT FASDFLJASDLJASDL

Just kill the goddamn elephant.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Raviaric

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_CARDBOARD_BOXES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: May 11, 2010, 10:42:27 pm »

>Amala: SEPULCHRITUDE

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: May 11, 2010, 10:53:14 pm »

Alright, so what have we learned?

1. Elven animal diplomacy is AWESOME.

2. Mixing plans ends HORRIBLY.

3. Elephants are far more cunning than we realized.

That said, I say we defend the caged elephant; otherwise we'll have lost four elves for nothing.

On the other hand, if we let them get the caged one back, we'd probably be on better terms with our murderous friends than if we sell one into slavery. Maybe we should do that.

Either way, I sort of wish we had a better plan for Amala than backflipping off its tusks to shoot it in the neck. Seems, uh... similar to plans that have gotten elves promptly killed.

EDIT: After taking a second look, I can confirm the elephant has plenty more room on its tusks. We better not mess this up.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 10:55:14 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 12, 2010, 12:08:48 am »

Alright, so what have we learned?

1. Elven animal diplomacy is AWESOME.

2. Mixing plans ends HORRIBLY.

3. Elephants are far more cunning than we realized.

That said, I say we defend the caged elephant; otherwise we'll have lost four elves for nothing.

On the other hand, if we let them get the caged one back, we'd probably be on better terms with our murderous friends than if we sell one into slavery. Maybe we should do that.

Either way, I sort of wish we had a better plan for Amala than backflipping off its tusks to shoot it in the neck. Seems, uh... similar to plans that have gotten elves promptly killed.

EDIT: After taking a second look, I can confirm the elephant has plenty more room on its tusks. We better not mess this up.
amala is so awesome that it will be a success
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: May 12, 2010, 12:16:02 am »

Amala > Arouse Elephant
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: May 12, 2010, 12:21:33 am »

Amala > Arouse Elephant

Oh for.. Someone should put theese kind of suggestions out of their misery!
Or atleast me!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: May 12, 2010, 12:35:28 am »

TOASTING IN AN EPIC BREAD!

Seriously this is amazing. I look forward to future updates.

Also; the concept of a 2 ton Elephant 'sneaking' is giving me brain damage.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 12:38:24 am by Neruz »

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: May 12, 2010, 12:55:42 am »

Burn more herbs!
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: May 12, 2010, 01:07:23 am »

The elephants seem to be vulnerable to being surprised. Useless elves - Run at the elephant screaming. Useful elves- Aim for the eyes.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 185