Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 185

Author Topic: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure  (Read 624156 times)

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
Re: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure
« Reply #435 on: May 10, 2010, 01:06:57 am »

I seriously doubt the killer elephant is going to go all benign on us just from removing the weight from its tusks or idly chatting with it. It's out for blood, and I think we'd need something better than pleasant conversation to calm it. Probably something better than good herbs as well.

For the moment, we might or might not be able to assume the rest of the herd is right behind the murderous one. We probably can assume that the herd has been following us under the direction of their new chieftain. As I see it, we really only have one option, depending on how well I understand tactics and rivers.

If it's just the one elephant, we can probably assume he'll value elf carnage above just about anything else. He was rather cautious in waiting for the proper time to attack, so he's not just a berserker, but between rescuing his caged fellow and murdering us all in an unholy rage I'd say he'll take the latter. Which means the best course of action, I think, maybe, would be to have the sentry hurl the torch in his eyes to buy him a few moments, then have every elf dash across the river, leaving our goods behind.

The bowelves will of course begin firing from across the river as soon as they've arrived- they'll probably be the fastest across anyway, and with luck this will also help convince the elephant to cross the river and murder us over there as opposed to hunting down the straggling civilians. We position our spearelves in front of our bowelves right at the river's edge, however, so when it thunders across, taking arrows the whole way, it finds itself trying to fight while in the river. That should give us enough edge to either drive it off or kill it.

Problems with this plan include that it assumes we're very, very close to the river, that there's only one elephant or that we can intimidate an entire herd away, and that it will die or flee rather than smash all our goods on the opposite side of the river, though if we're close enough to get across the river in the first place we're probably within bowshot from the other side. I suppose we might also have trouble seeing across the river into the darkness, but Amala and her rangers are probably accustomed to doing something about that.

Mind you, I would like to enact a diplomatic solution, but you've seen those eyes. I just don't think our animal taming skill is up to that level.

this would be such a great idea if not for one small problem.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

chances are pretty good. this is DF after all. This caravan was doomed the moment we encountered the river.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 10, 2010, 01:55:03 am »

That elephant is now a named enemy of our civ.  I didn't think it was That elephant following us.
3 Questions:

CAN we even tame it?

What is it's name, anyway? Did it get a name?

Sentry is effed.
Wait. that's not a question. Ummm... What is(are) the Sentry's god(s)? He/She needs to be praying right now. Maybe for a miracle. Maybe seedling foresty spirits are helpful. I doubt it.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 01:58:25 am by Flaede »
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 10, 2010, 01:57:20 am »

The elephant has killed an elf, so even if we tame it it will still kill everything.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 10, 2010, 01:59:33 am »

KILL THE BASTARD AND EAT IT
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 10, 2010, 02:03:57 am »

KILL THE BASTARD AND EAT IT
Ok. If it comes to a fight, we must all chant the elven war cry:
OM NOM NOM!
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 10, 2010, 02:07:58 am »

Hee hee.

Seriously, that elephant was the one from when we were trying to tame one. The fact that the two elves are still impaled is awesome. I also think we should arouse Amala and the other sleepers, but focus on getting the warriors up first.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 10, 2010, 03:03:59 am »

I got it! I got it!

Sentry taunts the elephant, runs to the river, and jumps away at the last moment. Elephant falls in the river, breaks his legs, and is now a natural Ele-bridge, allowing us all to cross the river in safety!

This! This!

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 10, 2010, 03:09:14 am »

You missed the point about elephants being faster than elves (because of that we lost 2)
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 10, 2010, 03:33:22 am »

Ah, only when they're up to speed. An elf should be able to outrun him in the short distance to the river...

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: May 10, 2010, 03:51:38 am »

Ah, only when they're up to speed. An elf should be able to outrun him in the short distance to the river...

Well, I really doubt that our Game Paint Master, DarkerDark will let the poor sentry live.

Or maybe I'm jut making wrong assumptions :D
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: May 10, 2010, 03:56:51 am »

Then make it a relay race!

Raviaric

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_CARDBOARD_BOXES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: May 10, 2010, 04:06:40 am »

Gaaah, I just noticed that last post from the OP and I can't read the spoiler tag. Elephant ambush?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: May 10, 2010, 04:14:43 am »

Gaaah, I just noticed that last post from the OP and I can't read the spoiler tag. Elephant ambush?

Well, a single elephant*, but still.

*The same that impaled two first elves, back then.
SigFlags!

Raviaric

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_CARDBOARD_BOXES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 10, 2010, 04:19:08 am »

*The same that impaled two first elves, back then.
QUICK! Arrow in ze eyes!

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 10, 2010, 06:32:01 am »

I also think we should arouse Amala
This. <3
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 185