Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 185

Author Topic: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure  (Read 624745 times)

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure
« Reply #930 on: June 05, 2010, 05:24:00 am »

Apologies for the lack of updates, people. You can blame Team Fortress 2 for occupying most of my free time (I am officially an addict, I think).

Anyways, for the next post I'm thinking of forgoing color and just having black and white drawings, as coloring occupies the majority of my drawing time (Damn that Open Canvas and it's lack of a -fill- tool!). Would you guys be down with that, or must it be fully colored, lest I suffer a public flogging at the hands of the masses?

Anyways, there are hats to unlock! Err... no! No! I must resist the temptation of Team Fortress 2 and it's first person shenanigans! Gaaah!

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: June 05, 2010, 05:52:14 am »

well color is no biggie i read manga
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: June 05, 2010, 06:00:02 am »

well color is no biggie i read manga

I disagree.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

kdthehun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: June 05, 2010, 06:47:14 am »

Black and white is fine. I'm a colorist and i know how tidious it can be to color especially if no flood fill tool is available.
A signature suppose to be something catchy, like an egg that falls and you don't want it broken... something that i just can't think of now...

Mikko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: June 05, 2010, 06:57:40 am »

Color, please. I am willing to wait.

Silleh Boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: June 05, 2010, 07:05:42 am »

Personally, I'd say do both.
Black and White for the bulk of things, colour when you feel a panel truely deserves that extra touch.

When it comes to it though, you're the artist and the story teller, and while the coloured pictures do have their charm, the story is rich enough that it would not suffer from this, as the way you tell the story paints a picture of its own, so to speak.

That's my opinion though, for what it's worth. At the end of the day it's ultimately up to you, and people should respect your descision.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: June 05, 2010, 07:06:54 am »

Black and White for the bulk of things, colour when you feel a panel truely deserves that extra touch.

When it comes to it though, you're the artist and the story teller, and while the coloured pictures do have their charm, the story is rich enough that it would not suffer from this, as the way you tell the story paints a picture of its own, so to speak.

That's my opinion though, for what it's worth. At the end of the day it's ultimately up to you, and people should respect your descision.

this is a good idea
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: June 05, 2010, 07:38:27 am »

this is a good idea
Yep, colored should be special so we can have moar updates
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: June 05, 2010, 07:48:58 am »

Damn that Open Canvas and it's lack of a -fill- tool!
Can't you draw the picture in open canvas, and use another program for the fill tool?

Also, what kind of program doesn't have a fill tool? even MS paint has a fill tool!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: June 05, 2010, 08:18:07 am »

I vote for waiting for colors, sir.

I got used to wait, so one or two days more, is meh :3
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: June 05, 2010, 09:03:56 am »

I really like the color; I think a few colored panels are better than many black and white ones.
That being said, there's the risk of burnout. I don't want this to die. Black and white, I guess.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: June 05, 2010, 09:36:30 am »

Darker Dark, what server do you usually play on? And add me as a friend on steam (Abculatter_2).
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: June 05, 2010, 09:46:08 am »

Darker Dark, what server do you usually play on? And add me as a friend on steam (Abculatter_2).

YOU'RE NOT HELPING D:
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: June 05, 2010, 09:57:31 am »

YOU'RE NOT HELPING D:

I will if I 'occasionally' remind him of this thread.
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: June 05, 2010, 11:13:58 am »

i vote for waiting for color. the coloring is very high quality and i would hate to see the art suffer from "being done quickly"
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 185