Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 185

Author Topic: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure  (Read 626168 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure
« Reply #2685 on: January 26, 2013, 04:34:28 pm »

I don't know, gobbos are hard to justify adventuring with. Kobolds are just thieves and might prove useful in getting treasure for the group. Gobbos are just immoral and don't have any special skills that would be helpful for an adventuring party.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: January 26, 2013, 04:54:59 pm »

Goblins on balance, perhaps.

Specific goblins? They're as strong as dwarves, as stealthy as kobolds, and as ageless as elves. That's a successful combination.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: January 26, 2013, 05:08:20 pm »

You know what? you could do a theme of morgan freeman on a rampage through space and i wouldn't care, i would still love it.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: January 26, 2013, 05:11:16 pm »

...Oh wow, real posts in this thread again. That's a shock. o_o

Anyway, I vote for goblins! Going on lots and lots of very very badly planned and poorly fated raids on some dwarves.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: January 26, 2013, 05:16:46 pm »

Specific goblins? They're as strong as dwarves, as stealthy as kobolds, and as ageless as elves. That's a successful combination.
It's good for the goblin, but not the party. If we've already got a dwarf and a kobold (I consider the ageless thing unimportant for adventuring), why do we need a gobbo? Dwarves are trustworthy, and you can trust a kobold not to do anything worse than steal from you (and they're weak enough that you can easily intimidate them into giving your stuff back if they do), but what's to stop a gobbo from stabbing you in the back while you sleep? They only consider murder to be a personal matter, for Armok's sake! I'd rather trust my life to one of those savage beastmen.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: January 26, 2013, 05:17:50 pm »

"Should I really be riding this War Lobster? it really wants to go into water and I can't swim-"

"SHUT UP, RECRUIT!"
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: January 26, 2013, 05:45:32 pm »

It's good for the goblin, but not the party. If we've already got a dwarf and a kobold (I consider the ageless thing unimportant for adventuring), why do we need a gobbo? Dwarves are trustworthy, and you can trust a kobold not to do anything worse than steal from you (and they're weak enough that you can easily intimidate them into giving your stuff back if they do), but what's to stop a gobbo from stabbing you in the back while you sleep? They only consider murder to be a personal matter, for Armok's sake! I'd rather trust my life to one of those savage beastmen.
Agelessness gives lots of time to learn how to do something. Thus, elves and goblins alike should be masters at their trades. I'd call that useful.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: January 26, 2013, 05:58:19 pm »

Agelessness gives lots of time to learn how to do something. Thus, elves and goblins alike should be masters at their trades. I'd call that useful.
You make a good point on the usefulness of agelessness, but not for gobbos. If they're more skilled, they'll be better able to commit treachery. And what skill would a gobbo know that an elf wouldn't, that would make it worth risking them sneaking up on you at night and slitting your throat?
Glory to Arstotzka!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: January 26, 2013, 06:01:07 pm »

You make a good point on the usefulness of agelessness, but not for gobbos. If they're more skilled, they'll be better able to commit treachery. And what skill would a gobbo know that an elf wouldn't, that would make it worth risking them sneaking up on you at night and slitting your throat?
The absence of a point on that reply should have clued you into what I meant.
Sig

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: January 26, 2013, 09:16:55 pm »

You know, I am plussing this because, i have always wanted to plus something in this work to make a difference but it died a week before I started lurking this thread.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: January 26, 2013, 09:24:55 pm »

I'm going to add to what many have said with more clarity: on the internet, in full generality, perfectionism is the worst error you can make, only talent not effort matters, the more you churn out in raw quantity the more people will love you even if it's crap. Oh, and in further generality EVERYWHERE, it has been scientifically proven (yes, with actual experiments and stuff) going for only quantity and not caring for quality actually results in higher quality because you get that much more practical and also isn't trying to hard.

This goes both for the visual art and things like the plot having a direction.

There is much wisdom in the saying "real artists ship".
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: January 26, 2013, 09:43:38 pm »

You just made me sad.

(Oh, and the topic's been read 11,600 times. Almost exactly.)
Sig

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: January 26, 2013, 10:15:29 pm »

You just made me sad.

(Oh, and the topic's been read 11,600 times. Almost exactly.)
Scientific studies have shown that optimism has resulted in bad economies and errors in judgement. Stay sad, stay smart.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: January 26, 2013, 11:44:22 pm »

Spoiler: Hey (click to show/hide)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: January 26, 2013, 11:51:49 pm »

I love that picture.

So much.
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 185