Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 185

Author Topic: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure  (Read 624181 times)

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure
« Reply #1740 on: February 24, 2011, 11:16:38 pm »

I think it's more that they're taking the cage, and don't care about the bugs. You're not selling them the bugs, you're selling the cage itself.

Also HOLY OFF TOPIC AND UNNEEDED QUOTE PYRAMID BATMAN.

Well it's not like we have a  definite number of posts that we can make. Besides, most of the ideas are already in. I see no point in not debating the practicality of beetles as a form of currency.

Except that it's completely futile because beetles are obviously the best form of legal tender, without a doubt.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: February 24, 2011, 11:54:23 pm »

I think it's more that they're taking the cage, and don't care about the bugs. You're not selling them the bugs, you're selling the cage itself.

Well it's not like we have a  definite number of posts that we can make. Besides, most of the ideas are already in. I see no point in not debating the practicality of beetles as a form of currency.

Except that it's completely futile because beetles are obviously the best form of legal tender, without a doubt.

Man, you've lost the topic of the off-topic. We were debating the practicality of BEES as a form of currency. And bees as currency is awesome. Better than tulips, even (and don't even try telling me Elves don't use tulips as currency).
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: February 25, 2011, 12:03:44 am »

Man, you've lost the topic of the off-topic. We were debating the practicality of BEES as a form of currency. And bees as currency is awesome. Better than tulips, even (and don't even try telling me Elves don't use tulips as currency).
Well.... We could threaten the dwarfs...
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: February 25, 2011, 12:09:46 am »

Yes, but I play .18, and have no access to bees. However, beetles are readily available in the thousands.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: February 27, 2011, 03:40:42 pm »

As I see now,sending caravan into swamps was a BAD idea.

Also,what the hell about those elves left behind?

(make that diplomat plot on the fail of caravan. remember,he was upset that HE wasnt chosen. :>)

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: February 27, 2011, 04:30:01 pm »

As I see now,sending caravan into swamps was a BAD idea.

Eh, by the laws of cosmic inevitability, any of the other routes would have led to elf deaths anyway.  At least frogmen turned out to be more interesting than the originally-hinted alligators.  I can't wait to see what will happen as the caravan finally gets into the Foreboding Hills.  For all we know, more believable ideas from other recent Dwarf Fortress updates (as in, more believable than passive egg-laying shamans) will strike, and there'll be a roc nest.

--Rexfelum

chewie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: February 27, 2011, 06:06:04 pm »

The leader assesses the situation, "This all big misunderstanding... We talk to elves." He bellows across the water to the pursuing bowelves, "No come closer! We no want shed this elf blood! This elf kill many warriors! We take elf to angry god shaman. He give magic plants to wake elf! This elf will be new angry god and help defeat enemies!"

I'm pretty sure we (aka the elves) don't have the knowledge to wake up Amala. Go find that shaman.

On another note:

We need a kill count. Of the whole game, just like the death count.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: February 27, 2011, 07:02:11 pm »

If this Shaman ends up giving Darkerdark's laptop the phoenix force then she goes Xmen 3 on us.
we better make a plan for when that happens... like caging her with the shaman during the process. until then any one for making the turtle leader of the group?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Birdy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: February 27, 2011, 09:12:23 pm »

any one for making the turtle leader of the group?

Don't we already have a replacement leader? I don't think making a little turtle that is only worthy of being a hat the leader would be wise, nothing would get done.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: February 27, 2011, 09:33:31 pm »

We did not choose the diplomat for a reason. (A)rouse Amala, and get the flying eff out of there.

Enlisting wildlife eh? Good to know.

YOU BASTARD

WHY MUST YOU OPEN OLD WOUNDS

WHYYYYYY

Also, I think we should take stock of what we have, and GTFO of the swamp. Unless we can wrangle some gators or something...
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: February 28, 2011, 03:15:13 am »

So we take from the swamp a titan, a coma leader, and a turtle.
Well better not let those frogmen corpses go to waste and make silly bolts, crafts and well made meals out of them for the road ahead. also guessing this shaman is some type of Hex magic user so beware of sudden teleportation, skin flaying, race changing and crazy stuff along the way to his home which no doubt be a hamlet, lair and a fort all shove into one. Or could be a normal run of the mill shamans.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: February 28, 2011, 07:35:49 am »

One man's open wound is another mans running gag.
There's so many ways I can turn that sentence around in so many wrong-but-funny ways.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: February 28, 2011, 05:20:17 pm »

There's so many ways I can turn that sentence around in so many wrong-but-funny ways.

You bastard.

WHY MUST YOU DO THIS TO ME
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: February 28, 2011, 05:37:07 pm »

You bastard.

You have been marked by the Spirit of Slapstick, and Slapstick bows to no one person's pain.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: February 28, 2011, 06:24:59 pm »

You have been marked by the Spirit of Slapstick, and Slapstick bows to no one person's pain.

Thank you for the new sig.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 185