Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 185

Author Topic: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure  (Read 624070 times)

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure
« Reply #1665 on: February 09, 2011, 05:59:28 pm »

what could possibly go wrong?

It is a dwarf fortress inspired comic. Do you really want to know?
Worst case senario(?): The plan works perfectly fine.
Best case senario(?): The elephants miss and slam into the ground with enough force to create a tunnel all the way to hell. Then demons come pouring out.

You, sir, are a true DF player.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: February 09, 2011, 06:45:36 pm »

And then we take the demons as exotic pets to the Dwarves... Imagine their glee as we pull our trade Caravan filled with Demon Hordes through their gates!
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: February 10, 2011, 12:39:25 am »

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MANY HERBS THAT WOULD TAKE?
we'd better get gathering!
HERBALISTS, TO ME!!!
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: February 10, 2011, 08:22:36 pm »

It'd be worth every leaf of it.

Derp Sandvich

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes paperclips for their attachments ಥ‿ಥ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: February 11, 2011, 01:37:55 pm »

I like how much of a pickle you guys are getting into, that's what makes this adventure hilarious.
"He's blind, but he was still able to find the way to the hospital, he vomits, and his lungs are going numb. So what? I don't get why you always want a diagnosis even though they're all doomed. Even a kitten can see it. He got sprayed by a monster's bodily fluids, that should be enough diagnosis. There, he has lupus. Happy? He's going to die. Like everyone else. I know it because I'm better than all of you, because I know how to use a goddamn crutch. Where the hell did you put the sunshine?" ಠ_ಠ

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: February 11, 2011, 01:39:04 pm »

Hey, awesomeness can solve everything!
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: February 11, 2011, 03:48:41 pm »

Best case senario(?): The elephants miss and slam into the ground with enough force to create a tunnel all the way to hell. Then demons come pouring out.
won't this lead to the hole to suck all the water into it causing what may look like a toilet flushing everything down. So if we missed the boat we still kill those frogmen by horrible limb breaking fall to the bottom.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: February 11, 2011, 09:41:46 pm »

won't this lead to the hole to suck all the water into it causing what may look like a toilet flushing everything down. So if we missed the boat we still kill those frogmen by horrible limb breaking fall to the bottom.

*cough cough*Along with Amala*cough cough*
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 01:04:47 am by Araph »

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: February 12, 2011, 04:13:23 pm »

Use arrows tied to ropes to shoot the frogmen and pull them off the boat and into the water, allowing you to safely board the vessel and sail to shore.

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: February 13, 2011, 04:37:57 pm »

I can't wait until they get to the fortress and realize that their civilization pales in comparison the Dwarves. And that the portion of the fortress that they see is but a tip of the iceberg. And then try to impose a ban on trees and melt in magma. And the Elves back home think the caravan failed on the way and send another. And then the same damn thing happens over and over again. Because you know it will, it's freaking Dwarf Fortress.

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: February 13, 2011, 05:29:27 pm »

I can't wait until they get to the fortress and realize that their civilization pales is a thousand times more awesome in comparison to the Dwarves. And that the portion of the fortress that they see is but a tip of the iceberg. And then they try to impose a ban on trees try to trade a horde of awesomely insane elephant FBs for the dwarves most precious metal and melt in magma end up drugging and caging the dwarves to sell to FB's. And the Elves back home think the caravan failed on the way and send another hear about the awesome and get high while caging more elephants. And then the same damn thing happens over and over again. Because you know it will, it's the freaking Dwarf Fortress Elves of Amanereli.
Fix'd your statement for you.
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: February 13, 2011, 06:06:25 pm »

I can't wait until they get to the fortress and realize that their civilization pales is a thousand times more awesome in comparison to the Dwarves. And that the portion of the fortress that they see is but a tip of the iceberg. And then they try to impose a ban on trees try to trade a horde of awesomely insane elephant FBs for the dwarves most precious metal and melt in magma end up drugging and caging the dwarves to sell to FB's. And the Elves back home think the caravan failed on the way and send another hear about the awesome and get high while caging more elephants. And then the same damn thing happens over and over again. Because you know it will, it's the freaking Dwarf Fortress Slaves of Armok 3: Elves of Amanereli.
Fix'd your statement for you.
dang all these ideas and almost made me forget I have that caravan challenge to do. man stupid in game year to collect loot and store it into a (companion wagon) Compagon all the while to make it to the Dwarven home to some how count all that money.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: February 13, 2011, 10:42:40 pm »

The Forget About the Turtle (Unless It Turns Out To Be Helpful In a Quirky and Unexpected Manner) and Just Turn the Frogs Into Pincushions plan?
I vote for this plan.
same here.

WHAT? Have you people no sense of adventure?

Sure we do.  This plan has several optional clauses with enhanced adventuresome properties.  Including, e.g., the "Valo finds that his old blade of grass has become hollow after days of chewing and can therefore serve as a 'breathing reed,' thus allowing him to sneak up underwater and deliver the final blow after everyone else exchanges bow and blowgun fire" clause.  Also, the "Amala takes this exact moment to wake up, leading her to a predictable reaction" clause.

--Rexfelum

Do any of the frogs have hats?

Probably not but we can give them rope reed cloth hats once they're pincushions. You know, to sell later to the dwarves. I swear this is a good idea.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 05:26:56 pm by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: February 18, 2011, 08:53:21 pm »

Dang... How many pages am I going to have to read through to tally up suggestions and such?

Anyways... I was off playing lots of new games, half of which were purchased over the course of Steam's Christmas Sale. Fallout New Vegas, Civilization 5, World of Tanks, Mount and Blade Warband, Napoleon Total War, Armed Assault 2, and Mafia 2. So many freakin' games...

But now that I'm bored of them. Time for Elves of Amanereli again? I have a bit of a cold right now, but I'll still see about getting an update done over the course of the weekend.

And for those of you sending me private messages to use my art as avatars and such, go right ahead, there's no need to ask. I draw these things for everybody.

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: February 18, 2011, 08:54:50 pm »

Hey, DarkerDark's alive... Look at that.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 185