Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 185

Author Topic: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure  (Read 624557 times)

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
Re: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure
« Reply #1470 on: January 10, 2011, 02:34:17 pm »

If you ask me the turtle needs to get eaten by a giant carp along with an elf or two.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: January 10, 2011, 02:44:11 pm »

*snip*
Having just proved itself as capable of outpacing the barge, it could try to swim against it, pushing it back towards the elves. Alternatively, the murky waters were able to reveal no fewer than four frogmen. Who knows what lurks beneath? It's entirely possible that a horde of turtles lies below, ready to burst forth in all their glory, and make short work of the frogmen.

I too agree with this post.  A marvelous plan indeed!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: January 10, 2011, 02:45:13 pm »

Throw loop of rope around Turtle!
tighten it once its around it.
Then swing the turtle at the frogmen!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: January 10, 2011, 03:53:41 pm »

Throw loop of rope around Turtle!
tighten it once its around it.
Then swing the turtle at the frogmen!
Turtle-bola!
Yes. I want to see this in action. The face on the turtle would be priceless.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: January 10, 2011, 03:58:29 pm »

*snip*
Having just proved itself as capable of outpacing the barge, it could try to swim against it, pushing it back towards the elves. Alternatively, the murky waters were able to reveal no fewer than four frogmen. Who knows what lurks beneath? It's entirely possible that a horde of turtles lies below, ready to burst forth in all their glory, and make short work of the frogmen.

I too agree with this post.  A marvelous plan indeed!

So . . . so the plan is now . . . retroactively HAVE PLANNED with the turtle to have it unleash untold (yet highly deserved) horrors upon the frogmen?  I guess it's okay, so long as the turtle isn't packing DELECTABLE SEASONING in that shell.  (Wouldn't want a mass detonation near Amala.)

There is at least one frogman between amala and the elves, so there is no danger of hitting amala if we try to shoot.

Actually, there is the knife-bearing frogman and the prow itself:

Two levels of protection.  I'm nervous about how it narrows near Amala's head, though, which means less "armor."  Any archers should probably be told to aim for the spine.  Or, more accurately, "Now aim for the back!" "Whose?" "The frog's!"

Oh, would anyone care to name these frogmen?  I'm impressed by how distinctive DarkerDark managed to make them look.  From left to right, I'd say we've got Big-Lips, Grunt, The Brow, and The Air-Sac.

--Rexfelum

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: January 10, 2011, 04:32:56 pm »

We need to generate proper DF titles for them!
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #1476 on: January 10, 2011, 04:57:20 pm »

The best I can gen up armok from left to right (`e)naetini, Seyec('e)amim('o), Lothecire, Im(`i)fama
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: January 10, 2011, 05:30:43 pm »

Two more thoughts:

The lead frog man's aim with that knife could be to cut Amala free and use her as a shield.  If so, a quick volley of arrows could be encouraged even if it risks injury to Amala.  Any delay, and the enemy could ensure that arrows will hit her.

The turtle could also be going forth to distract the lead frog with its cuteness.

--Rexfelum

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: January 10, 2011, 06:01:12 pm »

Shoot the frogmen in the rear of the vessel. Leave only the leader alive. Catch up to him, grab the turtle, and bash him in the head with it.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: January 10, 2011, 06:03:48 pm »

Here's the true plan...

The turtle elf has instructed our shelled compatriot to swim ahead of the boat, where another elf on the other side of the boat whom we cannot see has instructed an eagle(or some other flying creature) to pick up the turtle, and drop it on Amala, where it will SHIELD HER from the knife frogman's attacks!

While this is happening, a flurry of arrows will be unleashed upon the frogmen from the bowelves in  hot slightly cold pursuit.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: January 10, 2011, 06:09:21 pm »

Is an elf secretly wearing the turtle on his/her head? Maybe breathing through a reed or something, despite nothing being shown in the water?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: January 10, 2011, 06:12:25 pm »

someone should grab that turtle after this situation and either add it to the caravan or keep it as a team pet
It's FEF, not FEOF

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: January 10, 2011, 06:21:00 pm »

someone should grab that turtle after this situation and either add it to the caravan or keep it as a team pet

Watch him get horribly killed because you said this.

(Sorry)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: January 10, 2011, 06:26:49 pm »

Watch him get horribly killed because you said this.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #1484 on: January 10, 2011, 06:32:05 pm »

Watch him get horribly eaten because you said this.
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 185