Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Where you in the D&D moral alignment?  (Read 13519 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Where you in the D&D moral alignment?
« on: April 25, 2010, 09:40:06 pm »

To those uninitiated I grant you the time destroying artifact known as Tvtropes to fill you in
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CharacterAlignment

As a sister thread to the political compass survey I decided to see where everyone stood in on the moral and ethical...slide rule or whatever you want to call it. And then we can compare the results of this survey with the results of the other and see which political alignment is most evil (I'm betting on republican for lawful evil and democrat from chaotic evil).
Here's the test.
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20001222b

To those who feel like taking other personality tests rather then this one, try here
http://similarminds.com/
As for myself, I got True Neutral
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm also Personality type INTP or Architect

« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 11:37:15 am by piecewise »

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: Where you in the D&D moral alignment?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 09:48:03 pm »

Before I take the test, I usually score CG, CN, or NG.

Scored Chaotic Good this time.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 09:51:45 pm »

I think I got Neutral Good. Or Lawful Neutral or whatever.

SIGVARDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 09:56:34 pm »

I got Lawful neutral.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 08:38:55 pm by SIGVARDR »

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 10:09:29 pm »

I got Neutral as well. ',=\

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 10:15:44 pm »

Gah. It isn't a good idea to take a test like this after thinking about how Strife would act in a situation. About half suited the character and half of my answers suited me. I took the test twice more, once for myself, once for the fictional character.

I scored:
Lawful Good

A lawful good character acts as a good person is expected or required to act. She combines a commitment to oppose evil with the discipline to fight relentlessly. She tells the truth, keeps her word, helps those in need, and speaks out against injustice. A lawful good character hates to see the guilty go unpunished. Lawful good is the best alignment you can be because it combines honor and compassion.

Annoyingly enough, I realized that Strife's planned character development tends to change what some of his answers would be. I think that I tended towards later periods of said development. In any case, he scored:
Neutral Good

A neutral good character does the best that a good person can do. He is devoted to helping others. He works with kings and magistrates but does not feel beholden to them. The common phrase for neutral good is "true good." Neutral good is the best alignment you can be because it means doing what is good without bias toward or against order.

I'm not very surprised at either option, and I think that they both fit.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 10:22:47 pm »

<--- see text under avatar.

"Based on your answers to the quiz, your character’s most likely alignment is Lawful Good.

Lawful Good

A lawful good character acts as a good person is expected or required to act. She combines a commitment to oppose evil with the discipline to fight relentlessly. She tells the truth, keeps her word, helps those in need, and speaks out against injustice. A lawful good character hates to see the guilty go unpunished. Lawful good is the best alignment you can be because it combines honor and compassion.

--excerpted from the Player’s Handbook, Chapter 6"

Not that surprised, of course.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 10:31:57 pm »

Based on your answers to the quiz, your character’s most likely alignment is Lawful Neutral.

Lawful Neutral

A lawful neutral character acts as law, tradition, or a personal code directs her. Order and organization are paramount to her. She may believe in personal order and live by a code or standard, or she may believe in order for all and favor a strong, organized government. The common phrase for lawful neutral is "true lawful." Lawful neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you are reliable and honorable without being a zealot.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 10:38:08 pm »

I'm Lawful Good, With a hate for bad laws. :P

Yeah, not much of a surprise since most game characters I play end up lawful/good.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 10:41:30 pm »

Huh, no evil yet. Interesting.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2010, 10:45:17 pm »

True Neutral, though I see myself as Chaotic Neutral.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2010, 11:04:54 pm »

Mine came up Neutral Good.

Although personally it would be a bit more on the chaotic side as I have a bit of a rebellious streak, sometimes. The mix of lawful and rebellious choices probably put me smack in the middle.

In fact, the characters that I play are often rebels of some kind.

I'm seeing alot of people going for some combination of good and neutral.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2010, 11:06:43 pm »

Honestly, I see people in general as being Neutral good.

We waver between liking and challenging authority, yet I'd trust most people to do the right thing most of the time.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2010, 11:07:12 pm »

I got neutral good, but was a little worried I'd get LG. But I tend on the chaotic side a bit, so that makes sense. Hah, most of my characters end up NG too.

Huh, no evil yet. Interesting.

All the evil ones got banned :P

Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2010, 11:08:29 pm »

Honestly, I see people in general as being Neutral good.

We waver between liking and challenging authority, yet I'd trust most people to do the right thing most of the time.

Probably describes many Americans nicely.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10