Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24

Author Topic: An Evolutionary RTD (Turn 14)  (Read 23420 times)

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: An Evolutionary RTD (Turn 5)
« Reply #165 on: May 02, 2010, 12:02:41 pm »

They seem to be targeting smjjames, if you want to save his cell you'll have to spring into action quickly!   

WTF!?!? EVASIVE MANEUVERS!! NOW!!

((Why are you targeting me? lol, as a test I bet :) I'll post more specific actions after you put up turn 7))

Just the (un)luck of the draw. I planned on targeting the cell with the worst arrival roll.. you were the cell with a one..

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 02, 2010, 12:07:09 pm »

firing my lazorz!!!! :)
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 02, 2010, 12:14:21 pm »

They seem to be targeting smjjames, if you want to save his cell you'll have to spring into action quickly!   

WTF!?!? EVASIVE MANEUVERS!! NOW!!

((Why are you targeting me? lol, as a test I bet :) I'll post more specific actions after you put up turn 7))

Just the (un)luck of the draw. I planned on targeting the cell with the worst arrival roll.. you were the cell with a one..

Heh, and I probably have the best maneuverability compared to those guys. Anyways, I added more to that post with a plan in mind. I'll modify it later if I need to.

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • Has withdrawn from society.
    • View Profile
Re: An Evolutionary RTD (Turn 7)
« Reply #168 on: May 02, 2010, 12:17:05 pm »

Swim in circle around the enemy cells (NOT too close), distracting them and pick up algaes in the way...My fuel tank is running dry it seems...

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 02, 2010, 12:34:05 pm »

firing my lazorz!!!! :)

Hmm, since you have a +2 bonus to attack for this turn, I wonder if it means you can stun (or paralyze as Knight85 said) both enemy cells at the same time?

Your 'lazorz' is more in function like an electric eel, but yea, at least you got something cool :)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 12:55:12 pm by smjjames »

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 02, 2010, 12:41:44 pm »

One day I'll have a special ability!

If Maxi blinds one with his light I'll go ahead and ram that one, my faster speed should help wiith that. If he doesn't blind one I just attempt to distract them.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 02, 2010, 12:46:03 pm »

Maybe ram the one that I'm not on? I should be far enough forward to avoid the tail.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 02, 2010, 12:48:06 pm »

I have a penalty anyway so I'll probably just impale myself on a tail or something.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 02, 2010, 01:08:04 pm »

next time ill upgrade my lazor  to do damage
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 02, 2010, 01:22:07 pm »

Hmm, since you have a +2 bonus to attack for this turn, I wonder if it means you can stun (or paralyze as Knight85 said) both enemy cells at the same time?

Just on the use of the word paralyze, I might have borrowed a bit from this..
http://www.redorbit.com/news/science/1818087/beam_of_light_triggers_and_reverses_paralysis_in_animals/index.html

Obviously doesn't strictly apply, but I thought it would be a fun effect of a cell who can apparently shoot laser beams..

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 02, 2010, 01:31:28 pm »

The time will come when we will have to evolve defenses against each other, so, yea. Unless Knight85 changes the rule about there being only one to reach the surface. However, as Knight85 hinted earlier on the first few pages, killing each other off isn't neccesarily the only way to achieve that goal.

We still have a LONG ways to go as we aren't even multicellular yet, so I wouldn't worry about PvP combat yet.

Nm, I don't think Knight85 said anything about killing each other off in order to be the first on land, but who's to say we can't synchronize our evolutions in the final stages of going onto land, that way all 6 of us go onto land at the same time.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 04:46:36 pm by smjjames »

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 02, 2010, 02:25:59 pm »

and I will be a creature which shoots lazorz

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 02, 2010, 03:50:09 pm »

Oh look, a distraction!

Distract the bigger cells if they are not paralyzed.  If they are, then feast.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 02, 2010, 04:45:13 pm »

Oh yea, I'd like to add When I latch onto one of the predators and it gets paralyzed, feast like crazy. Extracting both DNA and meat.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 02, 2010, 06:55:44 pm »

this RTD is a good idea, we should have more video game based RTD's her--- legend opf zelda RTD.... :o :o :o :o

iv have been thinking about a starcraft rtd  8)

I'd play that
What do you think? Yes? No?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24