Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24

Author Topic: An Evolutionary RTD (Turn 14)  (Read 23455 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: An Evolutionary RTD (Turn 5)
« Reply #150 on: April 30, 2010, 07:45:57 pm »

but be warned, the more outlandish it is, the worse it may backfire with a bad roll

That is all...

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

why!

they have much stranger abilities

Whose abilities are you talking about?

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • Has withdrawn from society.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 30, 2010, 08:58:54 pm »

but be warned, the more outlandish it is, the worse it may backfire with a bad roll

That is all...

why!

Maybe he is talking about other RTD's...
But as you said, I also wish this could be biologically plausable as long as possble, should be near the technical end of the technical-magical sliding scale.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 09:01:38 pm by NoctisVampire »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 30, 2010, 09:18:26 pm »

That is all...

why!

Maybe he is talking about other RTD's...
But as you said, I also wish this could be biologically plausable as long as possble, should be near the technical end of the technical-magical sliding scale.

Yea, maxicaxi has bioluminescense, I'm sure there were single celled creatures which used chitin billions of years ago, so what Toaster did is plausible, mine is amoeboid or something, don't know what to make of frelock's 'distracton' weapon, fake eyespots maybe?

The ring of 'teeth' is one of the more out there, but I kept it as simple as possible. Which is my reason for getting to multicellular as quickly as possible since at that point, its alot easier to make things that are way out there and yet plausible for biology that don't have anything to do with magic..... or pokemon.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 30, 2010, 11:19:33 pm »

but its fun ! ;D
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 30, 2010, 11:21:03 pm »

get magic attachment  ;)

and then psionic attachment

You don't even have any brain to use psionics with and other cells don't have any for you to control.

Regarding magic, if you evolve into some sea pixie, my cell (or its descendant) will eat you :)

Seriously, I thought we were going for biologically plausible stuff.

ok than  :'( ill develop my a brain then Add a flagellum for speed

Ahem..
Go wild with your  part designs of anything non-magical, but be warned, the more outlandish it is, the worse it may backfire with a bad roll...and vice-versa 
Also a single celled organism trying to develop a brain might just... not work.  Not to mention I'm not modeling intelligence in this simulation.

Think outside the box a little , maybe even google some. There are some actual creatures with some pretty crazy abilities.

i have scaled down my evolution more and more
and i wil do so again
i make my mouth able to focus large amounts of absorbed light into a small beam then develpe fladgela for speed
in case of success ..... im a firing my lazor!!!!

edit: and shame on you for forcing me to resort to this
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 30, 2010, 11:25:20 pm »

Fine, have it your way then :P , just don't be surprised if it fails epically, and its flagellae, not fladgela.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 30, 2010, 11:48:31 pm »

That is all...

why!

some single celled creatures

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
Re: An Evolutionary RTD (Turn 2 )
« Reply #157 on: April 30, 2010, 11:51:33 pm »

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 01, 2010, 10:13:59 am »

this RTD is a good idea, we should have more video game based RTD's her--- legend opf zelda RTD.... :o :o :o :o
What do you think? Yes? No?

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 01, 2010, 07:55:16 pm »

Sorry I've been a little delayed in this last turn, I just haven't been at home! 

Updating this from my iphone right now. Ill try to make sure and get a turn out tomorrow morning.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 02, 2010, 08:49:24 am »

this RTD is a good idea, we should have more video game based RTD's her--- legend opf zelda RTD.... :o :o :o :o

iv have been thinking about a starcraft rtd  8)

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 02, 2010, 11:29:17 am »

Frelock:
You have a tremendously successful mutation and grow a new tail for propulsion, this tail is also phosphoric and can be detached and regrown.  Critical success! It also gains a new ability *electrified!* +1 damage defense weapon. Also *distraction* adds +1 to a distraction roll an -1 to attack roll of a creature attacking you.
(Man Frelock.. You hit 2 6es, both of them had bonuses, meaning the first one ended up as a 7, the 2nd one also a 7, you probably could have added another part, but you didn't know that)

You also grow an appendage that allows you to attach an offensive weapon with future mutations. You add 1 HP to your main body.

Maxicaxi:
You focus your natural glowing nature into a single beam of light capable of temporarily paralyzing a creature and gain ability *blinding light*  (Uses normal attack roll to attempt to paralyze a creature for 1 turn) Uses 1 food as energy to develop the light burst.   Creature fails all defense rolls and can take no actions.

You attempt to increase your propulsion and.. it succeeds!
You add a flagella that adds +1 speed.

You add 2HP to your main body.

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 02, 2010, 11:56:24 am »

Your group of cells moves on towards the algae bloom, following behind the cells that went buzzing past you. The trip over is uneventful until...

all of a sudden your group is jumped by two larger cells in full attack mode.  They caught most of your group completely by surprise! So that's what those cells were running from!

They seem to be targeting smjjames, if you want to save his cell you'll have to spring into action quickly!   

CONT. with turn summary...

Rolls are final numbers after modifiers.

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: smjjames (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Paranatural (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NoctisVampire (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: maxicaxi (click to show/hide)

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 02, 2010, 11:56:50 am »

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: smjjames (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Paranatural (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Noctisvampire (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: maxicaxi (click to show/hide)

Turn 7

Your group was jumped and caught off guard by two predatory cells larger than anyone in your group.  But, they aren't all that well armed,  they have a needle like thing coming from what you think might be their mouth, and a thin tail like appendage that probably doesn't help much for speed, but it seems to have a needle like attachment at the end of it.   

You could possibly run away, but that would leave smjjames in a bad spot, or you could join together and fight the creature off, with good rewards if you win.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 12:07:55 pm by Knight85 »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 02, 2010, 12:00:26 pm »

They seem to be targeting smjjames, if you want to save his cell you'll have to spring into action quickly!   

WTF!?!? EVASIVE MANEUVERS!! NOW!!

((Why are you targeting me? lol, as a test I bet :) I'll post more specific actions after you put up turn 7))

Edit: Heh, I have a plan, at least for me.

Pray to the RNG god ((lol))

((these below are the serious actions))

1. Rush towards the nearest Mosquito Cell at an angle, avoiding the suction needle mouth, my smaller size and maneuverability to the advantage.

2. Then immediately change direction and hit the front area, at the same time avoiding the needle mouth, and latch on with the pseudopoda

3. Hammer away with the ring of teeth, and move along the surface of the cell if I have to in order to avoid the mouth of the other predator. Bonus points if I get the other predator to stab the one I'm on. :)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 12:12:35 pm by smjjames »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24