Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24

Author Topic: An Evolutionary RTD (Turn 14)  (Read 23419 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: An Evolutionary RTD (Turn 5)
« Reply #120 on: April 29, 2010, 11:01:14 am »

One question, at what growth stage do we become multicellular? Stage 3?

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 29, 2010, 11:28:48 am »

you forgot me  >:(

How so? That wasn't the turn, just the mutations and growth, which you will probably have both of next :)

ohhhhhhh
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 29, 2010, 12:26:30 pm »

Not bad at all- got what I need.  I'll condense my action for convenience.

Action:
RAM the little scavenger cell, avoiding the big one for now, and eat whatever I safely can after taking care of the little one.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 29, 2010, 10:07:59 pm »

Ok, finally can get around to doing this (yay end of semester schoolwork)

Sorry I didn't have it early, but working on stuff much of the day, and then going to a baseball game took a big chunk out of the day.

Rolls are final numbers after modifiers.

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: smjjames (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Paranatural (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NoctisVampire (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: maxicaxi (click to show/hide)

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 29, 2010, 10:15:55 pm »

Some cells with growth and mutation available!
Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: smjjames (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Paranatural (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Noctisvampire (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: maxicaxi (click to show/hide)

Turn 6

There isn't much left here, most of the algae is gone and the scavenger cells along with your group has cleaned up much of the results of the battle. The Large cell has moved off into the distance, but the small one is still buzzing around the area, it was injured by Toaster last turn.

Also in the distance is a fairly good size bloom of algae,   you notice a few small cells just screamed past your area in the direction of the algae bloom and are now in the distance.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 10:50:15 pm by Knight85 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 29, 2010, 10:20:01 pm »

No kill?  Bah.

Hit the little cell again.  I must eat him!

EDIT- Actually, should we move off to the big bloom?  One little cell here probably isn't worth all that much effort.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 12:03:07 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 29, 2010, 10:22:30 pm »

No kill?  Bah.

Just a hint right now, only way you're going to one hit kill anything by yourself right now is getting a crit on the damage roll.. you didn't crit :)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 29, 2010, 10:48:42 pm »

Attack the small cell, I need that growth too! And if Toaster somehow manages to ram himself into the mouth, think about chewing on him and think twice and spit him out :)

After that, if the herbivores decide to move onwards to the algae cluster, catch up to them.

If the herbivores stay put, then action pending I guess.

Also, its a ring of teeth, not row of teeth. I plan on evolving a multihinged jaw from that eventually.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 11:06:04 pm by smjjames »

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 29, 2010, 10:50:58 pm »

Eh, I'll let the carnivores finish up here.

I'm moving to the area with the big bloom of algae and start eating.

Maybe my next mutation will be a way to heal people who need it? I dunno. I also had a success with the distraction thing but it didn't get me anywhere.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 29, 2010, 10:53:02 pm »

Eh, I'll let the carnivores finish up here.

I'm moving to the area with the big bloom of algae and start eating.

Maybe my next mutation will be a way to heal people who need it? I dunno. I also had a success with the distraction thing but it didn't get me anywhere.

You already can heal, the heal with food ability is one of the things I added as a little bonus for them. You can't actually donate the food, you just use it to heal HP.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 29, 2010, 11:05:18 pm »

No kill?  Bah.

EDIT- Actually, should we move off to the big bloom?  One little cell here probably isn't worth all that much effort.

Would have been fun, but yea time to move on to better hunting grounds, I know those smaller cells are fast, but the thick algae and my green coloration should provide an excellent opportunity for ambushing. I had actually thought initially to go towards the big algae bloom, but when I saw your post, decided to have a bit of fun or something :)

Head onwards to the algae bloom and when I get close, try to be as stealthy as possible. Then hide among the algae and be an ambush predator and get as many of the small fast cells as I can. Also eat a bit of the algae just to see what happens.

Attack the small cell, I need that growth too! And if Toaster somehow manages to ram himself into the mouth, think about chewing on him and think twice and spit him out :)

After that, if the herbivores decide to move onwards to the algae cluster, catch up to them.

If the herbivores stay put, then action pending I guess.

Also, its a ring of teeth, not row of teeth. I plan on evolving a multihinged jaw from that eventually.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 29, 2010, 11:31:51 pm »

Growth: Add a "weapons" platform
Mutation: Add a segmented phosphoric tail for distraction and movement.  These segments can be detached and re-grown as a further distraction.

Action edited for correctness.

For the actual turn:
Move to the big algae bloom and commence eating.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 07:20:26 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 30, 2010, 12:04:11 am »

Yeah, forget scrawny guy.

I move over to the algae bloom and get some food, either leftover parts or small harmless cells.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 30, 2010, 12:58:08 am »

get magic attachment  ;)

and then psionic attachment

i will be the ultimate castor
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 09:26:28 am by maxicaxi »
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • Has withdrawn from society.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 30, 2010, 02:59:12 am »

Heal myself, then follow the group to the bloom for food.
EDIT:After finding that I hardly have any food for healing...Change action: Follow group for vegetarian food and small extractable bacteria, then heal myself.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 07:37:21 am by NoctisVampire »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24