Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24

Author Topic: An Evolutionary RTD (Turn 14)  (Read 23418 times)

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
Re: An Evolutionary RTD (Turn 2 )
« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2010, 08:20:56 am »

I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: An Evolutionary RTD (Turn 3)
« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2010, 08:45:07 am »

Quiet with you and your rolls, there is an existence outside the forums you know :)

Ill get it done sometime this morning.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2010, 09:05:43 am »

Quiet with you and your rolls, there is an existence outside the forums you know :)

Ill get it done sometime this morning.

there is NOT
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 28, 2010, 10:04:43 am »

Slowly move into a favorable position for ambush, ready to shoot out pseudopoda. Then when close to one or more cells, AMBUSH!

Afterwards, gather up as many food particles and DNA as possible, with emphasis on DNA.

Except that YOU don't have pseudopoda.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 28, 2010, 10:18:21 am »

Slowly move into a favorable position for ambush, ready to shoot out pseudopoda. Then when close to one or more cells, AMBUSH!

Afterwards, gather up as many food particles and DNA as possible, with emphasis on DNA.

Except that YOU don't have pseudopoda.

whoops

change action to eat eat eat franticly

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2010, 04:03:59 pm »

Pretty cool turn guys

Rolls are final numbers after modifiers.

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: smjjames (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Paranatural (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: maxicaxi (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NoctisVampire (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Player and next turn status arriving shortly.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 05:18:15 pm by Knight85 »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 28, 2010, 05:13:37 pm »

All right, mutation time! I think. :)

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 28, 2010, 05:15:29 pm »

Thanks for pointing out the tag missing.

Just a little reminder for those of you who just got your first growth or mutation.

Growth gives you +2HP that can either go towards your main body or to form a permanent appendage for attaching weapons. Carnivores already have a free mouth weapon slot.  Each appendage costs 1 HP, and can be strengthed as well.

Part mutations: Basically come up with whatever external part you can think of, whether it  weapon/propulsion/armor  (Ill assign what category it falls into)  Who knows maybe a particularly creative part could earn a special ability. Just remember, a really bad roll in a particularly outlandish part could end up giving you negatives..   Also you can add as many parts as you want, but each additional part comes at a -1.  (Very good rolls on previous parts can offset this)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: smjjames (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Paranatural (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Noctisvampire (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: maxicaxi (click to show/hide)

Turn 5

After that crazy battle that saw a cell literally get ripped apart, the organisms are still fairly well prepared for combat.

There had been 5 cells in the area previously, 1 exploded, 2 escaped once the battle started. However, 2 of them were distracted by Paranormal and are still here.

One of them is smaller than some in the group, but seems to be moving around pretty quickly.  It looks otherwise harmless.

The other cell, you somehow hadn't noticed before, this one looks like it means business. It is larger than anyone in your group, seems to be trailing a mist and has an appendage with a spine looking weapon attached.  You might be able to take it, but care and planning should be taken with this one.

The parts of an earlier battle are still floating around in pretty decent amounts.
There is just an average amount of algae in the area.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 05:43:23 pm by Knight85 »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 28, 2010, 05:17:25 pm »

Nah, just checked and you simply forgot to close the tag for maxicaxi, which merged it into the one you had for toaster.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2010, 05:42:48 pm »

1:Mutate a way to move faster (Cilium would be nice actually. If not, then a Flagellum)
2: Mutate a Mouth, to eat faster

Oh, and I guess I should post an action, too:

What else? I'm an Herbivore! Eat!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 05:48:05 pm by Paranatural »
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2010, 05:45:30 pm »

1:Mutate a way to move faster (Cilium would be nice actually. If not, then a Flagellum)
2: Mutate a Mouth, to eat faster
3: Eyes. I want sensory parts!

Oh, and I guess I should post an action, too:

What else? I'm an Herbivore! Eat!

Just a warning, each additional part comes at an additional -1, meaning rolling a three without getting any bonuses from previous rolls would probably leave you blind. You will be getting eyes at size 3 automatically.

What else? you pulled off a pretty good distraction before :)  Also nothing says you cant eventually mount weapons and join battle yourself, even if you can't get food from it.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 05:47:38 pm by Knight85 »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 28, 2010, 05:46:17 pm »

Eat whatever I can.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 28, 2010, 05:47:37 pm »

Ok, just the first two, then.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 28, 2010, 05:58:22 pm »

That 'mist' is in fact a poison cloud. So, avoid that at all costs.

First do some mutation:
1. Evolve a ring of 'teeth' around the mouth to puncture cells, add this to the mouth weapon slot.
2. Develop cillium for a speed and maneuverability boost

Then gather as much food as possible (need that growth stage), all the while keeping an eye on the dangerous looking cell.

Ignore the little scavenger buzzing around.

Edit: On second thought, decided to put the mouth weapon first to take advantage of the +1 to mutation roll.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 06:02:29 pm by smjjames »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: An Evolutionary RTD (Turn 5)
« Reply #104 on: April 28, 2010, 08:01:32 pm »

I think you forgot my -1 to attack.  Also, shouldn't I have 9 food now?

Hope I can still keep my special- I'd love to have a nice ram-type weapon.  Going to read up on cell biology to best plot this out.  Action and mutation will be here shortly.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24