Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24

Author Topic: An Evolutionary RTD (Turn 14)  (Read 23434 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: An Evolutionary RTD (Turn 2 )
« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2010, 01:21:01 pm »

Giant creature emerges and eats indecisive organisms!

The End

Just kidding... for now  muahahaha

Ha Ha, very funny :)

Anyways, practice swimming using the new pseudopoda meanwhile.

I'm all for going at the pack, but if we do go towards those I say we approach carefully until we get a better idea of whats going on and what we are about to attack rather than just roaring into it.

So my action would be to go along with maxicaxi and toaster (all three carnivores) and check out that herd/pack/group of cells.

The new pseudopoda will also be useful for doing an ambush, as far as a cell can ambush anyway.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 01:24:45 pm by smjjames »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: An Evolutionary RTD (Turn 3)
« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2010, 01:59:53 pm »

I too will head on over towards the cell pack harvesting algae along the way
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2010, 02:01:39 pm »

Right then!

I head with the others to go scout the pack.  If I see anything small or defenseless on the way, I'll eat it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2010, 02:24:18 pm »

I'll add a bit too:

Scavenge any bacteria that you run into and also snack on anything small and/or defenseless on the way, need to get some of that food back.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2010, 05:51:00 pm »

Ok, looks like we are headed towards the pack.

I grow a flagellum so I can swim/move faster. I'll move around, getting food, and catch up with the rest of our pack as they move towards the other herd thing.

I figure since I am faster (assuming the flagellum makes me faster) I can go a bit further afield to gather alge.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • Has withdrawn from society.
    • View Profile
Re: An Evolutionary RTD (Turn 2 )
« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2010, 07:34:01 pm »

Well...seems like it's time for some mutation to me...
1st mutation: Grow one flagellum for movement.
2nd mutation: if 1st succeeds, add the stinging and latching function to the flagellum(not trying poison yet), if 1st fails, try that again.
then follow others(not final, pending for other's action)

also going sleep for now...

EDIT: better pre-post my action now...
If encounters a small pack of cells I will distract and break the pack up
If it's predator then run with others...and lure it away from others if situation demands so
If it's large bunch of algaes then eat as much as possible then share food to the 2 most hungry cells
If it's nothing, then...nothing, while still sticking close to others.
If it's one larger cell(non-predator) then use distraction tactic again while others attack.
If anyone tries PvP now I will try to puncture the aggressor(If both mutation succeeds), or distract him otherwise
Ok..Supplemental:Will follow the group to the herd after mutation completes, engage with directives provided above, also change action: If it's a predator and is no bigger than us, then use distract tactic while others attack.
Also engage in scavenging and algae eating in the end, provided that we succeed in dealing with whatever's over there. Also share food as needed.

EDIT: I'm not going Leeroy Jenkins if action is not going to happen this turn, instead I will collect algaes and bacterias while I am following the group(After mutation of course),sharing foods as needed, and use whatever posted above as the action of next turn if nothing goes wrong in the way.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 07:49:39 pm by NoctisVampire »

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2010, 08:01:44 pm »

Ok, looks like we are headed towards the pack.

I grow a flagellum so I can swim/move faster. I'll move around, getting food, and catch up with the rest of our pack as they move towards the other herd thing.

I figure since I am faster (assuming the flagellum makes me faster) I can go a bit further afield to gather alge.

Sorry If I wasn't clear, mutation allows adding functional parts, like flagellum.
Growth (which is what you have) allows either adding HP to main body, growing an appendage (only used to attach weapons to on mutation) or to reenforce said appendage (you can lose it AND the weapon in combat)

Also, I left you guys hanging a bit,  but your orders this time around didn't need to be so elaborate. When you're traveling not much will happen, so basically just tell me which direction you want to go and any specific disposition you'd like to arrive in. Generally your arrival situation will be determined by the dice roll. The main thing thing you can affect is that if you come flying in looking aggressive, you might run off passive prey.

I reserve the right to ambush you during a travel though :p

Turn coming a bit later.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 08:03:27 pm by Knight85 »

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2010, 08:09:16 pm »

I've never played Spore so I don't really know what is growth related and what is mutation related. I guess I'll just add more health to my main body for now, move to the other herd thing, and graze when I get there. EAT! NOM NOM NOM!
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 27, 2010, 08:11:13 pm »

I've never played Spore so I don't really know what is growth related and what is mutation related. I guess I'll just add more health to my main body for now, move to the other herd thing, and graze when I get there. EAT! NOM NOM NOM!

Not strictly from spore, the theme of things is, but its heavily stuff thought up by me to fit the RTD format.

NoctisVampire Mutation:
Flagella [4] +1 Bonus 5= Success! +1 speed +1 on next roll
Flagella stinger (defensive weapon)  [2] -1 + 1 - Fail

Paranatural adds 2HP to main body

All organisms head towards the cell pack with a neutral stance towards the cells. They are however, ready for combat if needed.

Frelock: [6] You arrive completely unnoticed, and ready to make a perfect ambush (+2 to attack roll next turn)

smjjames: [6] You arrive right behind Frelock, also in ambush position (+2 attack)

Paranatural [2]  You hang back behind the group which keeps you from attracting any notice you otherwise might have.

NoctisVampire [5] You arrive in very good position to attack [+1 attack]

Toaster: [2] You arrive in a huff, throwing off your stealth [-1 attack]

Maxicaxi [4] You arrive, the cells don't really notice you.

Turn 4

As you arrive you notice a large group of cells gathered around the remains of what must have been a large battle. The cells scramble around grabbing up DNA and food chunks. There is a moderate algae presence, but but that catches your eye less than all the DNA floating around.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 08:33:25 pm by Knight85 »

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2010, 08:42:30 pm »

Distract the cells as best I can, let the carnivores attack, eat as much as possible.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2010, 08:53:56 pm »

Distract the cells as best I can, let the carnivores attack, eat as much as possible.
Ditto
All generalizations are false....including this one.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2010, 09:00:22 pm »

Slowly move into a favorable position for ambush, ready to shoot out pseudopoda. Then when close to one or more cells, AMBUSH!

Afterwards, gather up as many food particles and DNA as possible, with emphasis on DNA.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 09:02:41 pm by smjjames »

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • Has withdrawn from society.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 27, 2010, 09:02:39 pm »

Seems like a temporary +2...good time to do some action. Sweep past the field while munching up various DNA strands, algaes, and food bits(I can extract them right?), this should cause quite a bit of distraction. Then pick up a relatively undefended cell(or what smjjames grabbed if he succeeds), strafe and unload some lysosomes onto it. Also engage in scavenge actions when dust settles, supply food as needed.(Not final, Depending on other's action.)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 27, 2010, 10:40:43 pm »

Attack a cell from behind that's distracted by the buffet.

If we kill the scavengers, more for us!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 28, 2010, 12:15:41 am »

Slowly move into a favorable position for ambush, ready to shoot out pseudopoda. Then when close to one or more cells, AMBUSH!

Afterwards, gather up as many food particles and DNA as possible, with emphasis on DNA.

I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24