Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24

Author Topic: An Evolutionary RTD (Turn 14)  (Read 23392 times)

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: An Evolutionary RTD (Turn 2 )
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2010, 07:31:44 am »

...I now feel really left out. This looks more awesome than I dreamed.

Ill think about working more people in, I'm trying to keep it smallish to keep the administration of my first game down a bit. I do plan on some expansion for the further stages of the "Spore" RTD

I wanna be too big to eat.
Nothing is too big to eat...Size matters, and wouldn't they simply break you into digestable pieces first? :)

Absolutely correct, there is always something bigger, AND weapons can kill and break your cell apart, as your group may have to do to larger cells in the future.
*hint* You WILL eventually run into some things where running is the best option, the first one Ill probably drop some hints, but you may not be so lucky later on.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 07:36:54 am by Knight85 »

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2010, 07:44:56 am »

Well, actually, that's not true. Whales are too big to eat; sharks and orcas basically leave them alone. Orcas will go after whale calves, but that's it. Same goes for Elephants and Giraffes. Lions never attack them, because the elephants are simply too big to eat. In fact, that is suspected to be the reason behind why the dinosaurs were as huge as they were. They certainly could not run away.

Anyway, I want to get bigger for now, and faster when I get some DNA that'll let me do so.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2010, 07:48:57 am »

Well, actually, that's not true. Whales are too big to eat; sharks and orcas basically leave them alone. Orcas will go after whale calves, but that's it. Same goes for Elephants and Giraffes. Lions never attack them, because the elephants are simply too big to eat. In fact, that is suspected to be the reason behind why the dinosaurs were as huge as they were. They certainly could not run away.

Anyway, I want to get bigger for now, and faster when I get some DNA that'll let me do so.

All things I say are true in my universe   :P
Careful or you'll be struck by lightning!  ;)

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • Has withdrawn from society.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2010, 07:52:13 am »

Remember that we are all but a tiny mote even when looked thorough a typical optical microscope for now though...Still...that might be good at later stages nontheless:)

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2010, 08:18:45 am »

rolls !

I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2010, 08:56:39 am »

The group of cells prepare for combat with their foe, and get into formation.. only one problem, there isn't any foe here!  There is a little bit of remaining algae here, the rest has floated on, and some animal scraps, but those get cleaned up pretty easily by the cells.

Ill take this opportunity to explain a bit about the scenarios I place.  You'll get a description of where you currently are and what is there. Then, Ill describe one ore more things in the distance that you can see, with some hints about what each encounter would entail.These will be static scenarios that I create, you will be facing generally something based on what you can see. These scenarios will sometimes contain special surprises though, like the cell equivalent to a treasure chest, or an ambush from a predator..

Finally you get the "exploration" option, that will generate an encounter based on dice rolls.. It good could be easy.. or hard. You won't encounter as many special situations here, but they still provide a good opportunity to get some creatures to take down and algae available, if you don't like what you see with the static options.  No surprises, you just get what the dice tell me to give you based on some under the hood parameters I have set up.

But to actually get to either of the scenarios, you have to come to agreement as a group (or not) to take specific action to swim in that direction, rolls will determine how well you arrive there (whether you can ambush etc.)  The next turn will then present your new scenario.

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: smjjames (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Paranatural (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: maxicaxi (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NoctisVampire (click to show/hide)

New scenario situation coming shortly, probably don't want to post orders before you see it :)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 09:02:58 am by Knight85 »

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2010, 09:05:54 am »

Turn 3

Still there off in that distance is a gathering of different cells of similar size to you, they aren't fighting so probably aren't hostile. But why are they gathering like that? Maybe you should find out?

In the other direction is just blackness, anyone up for exploring?

There is almost nothing left in your current spot, so scavenging probably wouldn't bring much.

(For those of you that have growth and mutation available, I need your orders for that before I get your move orders, so you'll know what you're working with.)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: smjjames (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Paranatural (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Noctisvampire (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: maxicaxi (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 09:10:30 am by Knight85 »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2010, 09:11:05 am »

Lol, you're just random maxicaxi :) Anyways, I like cinnamon rolls too :)

Looks like most everybody more or less lost, although at least I got what I wanted to do.

Not much else to do here, so I'd say explore.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 09:20:31 am by smjjames »

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • Has withdrawn from society.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2010, 09:34:46 am »

Well...seems like it's time for some mutation to me...
1st mutation: Grow one flagellum for movement.
2nd mutation: if 1st succeeds, add the stinging and latching function to the flagellum(not trying poison yet), if 1st fails, try that again.
then follow others(not final, pending for other's action)

also going sleep for now...

EDIT: better pre-post my action now...
If encounters a small pack of cells I will distract and break the pack up
If it's predator then run with others...and lure it away from others if situation demands so
If it's large bunch of algaes then eat as much as possible then share food to the 2 most hungry cells
If it's nothing, then...nothing, while still sticking close to others.
If it's one larger cell(non-predator) then use distraction tactic again while others attack.
If anyone tries PvP now I will try to puncture the aggressor(If both mutation succeeds), or distract him otherwise
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 09:59:21 am by NoctisVampire »

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2010, 09:35:58 am »

Lol, you're just random maxicaxi :) Anyways, I like cinnamon rolls too :)

Not much else to do here, so I'd say explore.

i was talking about all players having setting set up actions

and that knight should set up the turn
also food we need moar dna

go and hunt the swarm together with anyone who will have me and evolve a magic attachment after that
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 09:42:04 am by maxicaxi »
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 27, 2010, 09:42:13 am »

Just a warning, you might want to come to a consensus before you set in final orders.

If your orders split you from the rest of the group, that's exactly what you'll do.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 27, 2010, 09:44:42 am »

what no one is moving except me? and i not going far.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 27, 2010, 10:05:22 am »

Okay, yea, I was offering more of a suggestion than a final decision.

Anyways I'm kind of new to the RTD type roleplaying, except maybe the GRAND ADVENTURE one which is similar I guess, but definetly not new to roleplaying.

So, I'll wait and see what a few other people say.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 27, 2010, 01:01:26 pm »

I'm leaning towards heading for that pack, but exploring is cool too if that's the group vote.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 27, 2010, 01:10:49 pm »

Giant creature emerges and eats indecisive organisms!

The End

Just kidding... for now  muahahaha
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24