Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24

Author Topic: An Evolutionary RTD (Turn 14)  (Read 23436 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: An Evolutionary RTD (Turn 2 )
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2010, 11:20:18 pm »

How about divide and conquer here?  Split up the pack, take them out one by one as a group.  They are the antelope- we are the lions.

I work (with whoever helps me) to split one off from the rest and take it down separately.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 11:51:20 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2010, 11:26:36 pm »

Theres three carnivores and three herbivores in the group, but okay...

Sounds like a good idea, I'll try to assume a swimming form and glide along Toaster, ready to outflank whatever cell/critter is being chased. AFTER I gobble up whatever scraps were left behind from the previous critters, maybe even a discarded spike or two.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 11:31:26 pm by smjjames »

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • Has withdrawn from society.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2010, 11:31:20 pm »

Since I'm as vividly colored as a jawbreaker now :P
Will help breaking up the pack by swimming around.
and absorb some more algaes/smaller stuff like bacteria in the way and attempt a symbiosis(Mitochondria/Chloroplast anyone?)
This whole stuff begans to sound like a microbiology course to me :)
(to smjjames...I don't think you can do that now...maybe a full DNA bar first?)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2010, 11:35:56 pm »

Not trying to mutate right now, just make the cellular membrane as stretchy as possible.

As for smaller stuff like bacteria and whatever forming a symbiosis, I'm assuming we already have organelles equivalent to mitochondria.

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2010, 11:46:28 pm »

For the purposes of making it easy for me to sort out between planning between yourselves and your actual orders, please put your final orders for your cell in bold
Remember, consider the specifics of the situation you're in and make your orders as if you were programming something then letting it go,  of course with a little more leeway as I can discern intent somewhat.. of course, that could sometimes be a bad thing  hehehe

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2010, 11:50:09 pm »

Sounds like a good idea, I'll try to assume a swimming form and glide along Toaster, ready to outflank whatever cell/critter is being chased. AFTER I gobble up whatever scraps were left behind from the previous critters, maybe even a discarded spike or two.
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2010, 11:51:02 pm »

Maybe...and suddently realized having Chloroplast will essentially make me a plant(!!!)
Will change action to:
Break the pack up with my vivid color by swimming around, eating algaes and possibly, some unarmed smaller cells(If I can digest algaes I should be able to digest them too... the same lysosome right?) in the way. Also engage in scavenge action when the dust settles.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
Re: An Evolutionary RTD (Have players, starting soon!)
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2010, 11:56:25 pm »

You'll develop towards multi-cellular as you get bigger. Going to land (victory condition) you'll just find out how that happens later :)

cant we continue past land this is An Evolutionary RTD cant we go ALL the way?
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2010, 11:58:12 pm »

You'll develop towards multi-cellular as you get bigger. Going to land (victory condition) you'll just find out how that happens later :)

cant we continue past land this is An Evolutionary RTD cant we go ALL the way?

Believe me, I've got that planned.  Animal stage will will be a new game (with priority given to cell participants) and will feature based on some twists you haven't run into here yet :)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2010, 12:08:44 am »

Okay then, I 'fly' (technically swim, but whatever) in rough formation with the other two predators, scooping up whatever bacteria and food particles are in front of me, single out one prey and work to separate it from the 'herd' and then bring it down, somehow.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 12:10:33 am by smjjames »

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2010, 12:13:16 am »

Believe me, I've got that planned.  Animal stage will will be a new game (with priority given to cell participants) and will feature based on some twists you haven't run into here yet :)
AWESOME

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2010, 01:32:23 am »

...I now feel really left out. This looks more awesome than I dreamed.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2010, 01:49:44 am »

FEED! I MUST FEED!

(Concentration on speed and being able to eat ever more if I mutate. I wanna be too big to eat.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2010, 02:15:03 am »

Help the carnivores break up the group; being the distraction again.  Give any excess food I gather this turn to someone who doesn't have a full bar (if any).

Save a little bit of DNA for me, guys.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2010, 02:27:54 am »

FEED! I MUST FEED!

(Concentration on speed and being able to eat ever more if I mutate. I wanna be too big to eat.

Nothing is too big to eat...Size matters, and wouldn't they simply break you into digestable pieces first? :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24