Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24

Author Topic: An Evolutionary RTD (Turn 14)  (Read 23464 times)

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • Has withdrawn from society.
    • View Profile
Re: An Evolutionary RTD (Looking for 1 more players)
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2010, 11:37:27 pm »

Only one creature will make it back to the surface and on land alive.
well...seems my plan on camouflage have failed   ::)
maybe extend the scope of the game a bit?
and this doesn't seems to encourage teamwork...
EDIT: Or as Frelock said, form a mega-organism might be a choice though...

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2010, 11:39:31 pm »

Just give it a chance, I've got it planned out :)

Trust me, you'll want to be working as a team at first...  Beyond that, is up to you guys.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2010, 12:38:03 am »

im in

carnivore
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2010, 12:48:12 am »

Maxicaxi, what color do you want to be? Or do you just want to be a transparent cell (I know its not a color, but hey)?

Anyways, three carnivores and three herbivores sounds like a nicely diverse way to start out.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2010, 01:01:20 am »

neon green :D
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2010, 01:12:05 am »

I'm sure that will help with attracting prey  :D
All generalizations are false....including this one.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2010, 01:14:08 am »

Well, bioluminescence IS a potential option, so you could be neon green with bioluminescence.  :D

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2010, 01:32:57 am »

fine
that would be awesome
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 01:35:41 am by maxicaxi »

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2010, 01:37:49 am »

In as a colorless.... damn, I would pick Omnivore, but you need upgrades to get the other mouth... herbivore.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: An Evolutionary RTD (Have players, starting soon!)
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2010, 08:25:36 am »

Ok maxicaxi is the final organism in.  Ill add  you to the status list then get together the first setup quickly.

ExKirby
is added to the waiting list in case of dropout/ withdrawal.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 08:31:40 am by Knight85 »

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2010, 08:29:13 am »

Well...if no one objects I'm posting my action: Search for food(most likely single-celled algaes) and eat them amoeba-style, adding bits of the colour tints of the algaes consumed to my body(maybe automatically?), while keeping close to others.
Also a note...for timezone reason I'm mostly not available during late noon to early morning in european times, so I may have to pre-post actions if turns are resolved at those times...

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2010, 08:31:20 am »

Well...if no one objects I'm posting my action: Search for food(most likely single-celled algaes) and eat them amoeba-like, adding bits of the colour tints of the algaes consumed to my body(maybe automatically?), while keeping close to others.
Also a note...for timezone reason I'm mostly not available during late noon to early morning in european times, so I may have to pre-post actions if turns are resolved at those times...

I'll be checking it all throughout the day and trying to get out turns whenever I can. Obviously try to have at least one action done per 24 hours, the more the better.

Ill take your turn into account  :)

Turn 1

All six organisms float together in fairly close order, all around them is the vast sea, below them in the dark depths that carries almost certain death. But for now, they're still near the surface, where things aren't quite as treacherous. All around them float a good amount of algae (+1 to plant food roll) 

Also a small group of oblong shaped animal cells float along nearby, they don't seem to notice your group of organisms. They are translucent with a single defensive looking spike on one end.  They seem to be just floating along though, so that spike probably isn't much of a risk. 
There are more creatures off in the distance, but they can't be made out as you currently only have an eyespot to sense light (upgrades will come automatically as you grow).
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 08:42:20 am by Knight85 »

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2010, 08:51:05 am »

Ok thanks :)
Then...Seems like the action I posted is a free action according to the rule...no change though: Just be more concentrated as I'm dedicating the entire turn on it(maybe this gives an +1?) ;)

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2010, 08:54:02 am »

Post the turns a free action, I take whatever you post as a whole and interpret the results based on what you roll.   So just like with anything else, if you try to do a lot a bad roll may do a lot of bad.

Also some actions will distract you from doing others.

But basically, treat it like programming a robot to do what you want it do, the results may not end up the way you want, but the intent is there. (And no, I don't mean post the orders in code :p )

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2010, 10:27:03 am »

om nom on nearby npc cretures
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24