Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24

Author Topic: An Evolutionary RTD (Turn 14)  (Read 23446 times)

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
An Evolutionary RTD (Turn 14)
« on: April 25, 2010, 09:14:49 pm »

So, I've been playing rtd for a while on other forums and recently joined the community here, and figured I was about time I tried out running one. But
being me, I have to try it with a bit of a twist, so here goes. Taking first 6 participants.

My Obviously Spore inspired RTD:
Six featureless blobs float towards the top of the primordial sea, most other "blobs" have simply perished or been eaten by something more advanced, but these ones seem special.  They seem to be actually floating together, helping each other find food and protect each other from predators, this seems to be keeping them alive.  But time will tell if these organisms will continue their bond, split up, or even turn against each other as they continue to evolve. The ultimate goal for all of them is to survive and be the first to emerge from the water on to dry land. But first things first, you need to find some food...

Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)

So off to the deep you go, beware the deeper you swim the bigger and badder the enemy is, but with greater food/dna rewards. Make sure you're ready before you descend, because there are things down deep that WILL kill you early on. (And then something interesting happens.)

You can work together as organisms for safety and split the rewards you reap, or go a loaner and keep it all for yourself  or.... even try to eat your fellow organisms when they least expect it.  Just remember, you can take down bigger and more creatures in numbers. In the end, only one creature will make it back to the surface and on land alive.
Waiting list:
ExKirby
JetSquirrel
VincValentine
Ultimuh
Terrahex

All Organisms at level 2 of ocean

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: smjjames (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Paranatural (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Noctisvampire (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: maxicaxi (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 04:43:49 pm by Knight85 »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: An Evolutionary RTD
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 09:22:41 pm »

Coolness, as a Spore player, I know what you're talking about here, so sign me up! :)

Also, you say that we can work together as organisms, are you talking about some form of symbiosis or the beginnings of a multicellular organism?

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 09:28:40 pm »

Hey, I for one would be willing to work with others to form a mega organism.  I'll sign up with a herbivore. 

EDIT: Oh, right, color will be blue (helps disguise myself in the ocean).
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 09:40:41 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 09:33:12 pm »

You're starting off as single cell organisms which can work together, apart,or eventually even  be hostile to each other,  twists will come with the death of some of the starting single celled organisms.

Once I get enough joins 2/6 right now, Ill work on writing up the status page and we can get started..  smjjames, don't forget your color and herbivore/predator.  I recommend probably having some of each available to start ;)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 09:35:57 pm »

I'll start off with a carnivore and I'll be green (hey, its my favorite color), not sure if we can 'pick up' stuff off of the dead creatures or we evolve them using our imaginations.

You're starting off as single cell organisms which can work together, apart,or eventually even  be hostile to each other,  twists will come with the death of some of the starting single celled organisms.

Once I get enough joins 2/6 right now, Ill work on writing up the status page and we can get started..  smjjames, don't forget your color and herbivore/predator.  I recommend probably having some of each available to start ;)

I know we are single celled creatures now, just asking what you were implying.

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 09:39:20 pm »

You'll find out more how the "working together" part will happen as the game moves along.

As to the part additions, you will spawn them from imagination, but you will be free to borrow ideas from the creatures you encounter.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 09:58:56 pm »

I'm in.

Herbivore, Purple. Want most of my points in speed.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 10:11:27 pm »

I'm in.

Herbivore, Purple. Want most of my points in speed.

You try to materialize a part to make you faster [2]  Nothing happens, alas you'll have to wait until you mutate, you're still just a blob ;)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 10:14:41 pm by Knight85 »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 10:21:03 pm »

Not exactly sure how many points we have at the start, but I think it might be 5, so:

Spend one point into armor, another point into speed, and another to weaponize the mouth.

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 10:23:07 pm »

The points will come later, the first stuff is going to be pretty easy food to grow you and you guys will get to part adding pretty quickly.. But to start off, you guys are pretty much amorphous blobs..

The points you have now function as an xp bar, get to 10/10 and you get an upgrade :)
You'll get xp points from killed creatures, food for carnivores, and DNA for both.

Don't worry the customization will come pretty quickly.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 10:25:09 pm by Knight85 »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2010, 10:30:01 pm »

Okay, then I guess the first meal will be caught amoeba style and then killed by slow digestion.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 10:31:40 pm by smjjames »

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • Has withdrawn from society.
    • View Profile
Re: An Evolutionary RTD (Looking for 3 more players)
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2010, 10:46:38 pm »

Count me in, if possible.
Brown (with green patches around entire mass, maybe roll on this?), Herbivore.
Maybe that would help blending in...in later stages:)
EDIT:What's the color of the ocean exactly...? Not something exotic...
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 11:02:47 pm by NoctisVampire »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: An Evolutionary RTD (Looking for 2 more players)
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2010, 11:07:22 pm »

Am I gonna be the only carnivore? lol.

Anyways, I guess we'll assume the ocean is blue or a blue-green.

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: An Evolutionary RTD (Looking for 3 more players)
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2010, 11:07:46 pm »

Count me in, if possible.
Brown (with green patches around entire mass, maybe roll on this?), Herbivore.
Maybe that would help blending in...in later stages:)
EDIT:What's the color of the ocean exactly...? Not something exotic...

Feel free to add stylistic shape details on evolution (these have will likely have no game effect ;)

This includes color, they're mainly flavor details but the "likely" gives me the ability to "flavor" the setting and results with them, so you never know if they might have an effect.  So the color of the ocean/other creatures may matter at some time, Who knows. ;)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: An Evolutionary RTD (Looking for 2 more players)
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2010, 11:08:31 pm »

I'll take Carnivore.  Meat for the meat god!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24