Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24

Author Topic: An Evolutionary RTD (Turn 14)  (Read 23465 times)

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: An Evolutionary RTD (Turn 11)
« Reply #300 on: May 14, 2010, 01:51:50 pm »

That plan works for me.

I'll let maxi fire his 'lazor' then try and distract any yellow things that are not being attacked by the predators by basically getting all in their faces and annoying them. I'm faster than most of us so I'll lead them on a chase until the carnivores can kill the oens they are working on and come save my sorry butt.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 14, 2010, 02:07:30 pm »

Toaster, ram full speed into the group, given their small size, that will either seriously wound some and maybe kill a few.

What he said.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 14, 2010, 02:43:15 pm »

Even with a 5 herbivores are pretty much useless at doing anything other than distraction. I was trying to get enough food/DNA to mutate a weapon/defense system but it there doesn't seem to be anything for herbivores around here.

I guess we could try and make with the whole 'distract' thing again. I have 4 health so even if I get an overshoot and they hit me I should be able to survive a round. Unless they all hit.

Since there is a good chance for this to work out well, there should be alot of DNA for the herbivores to pick up, and Knight85 said earlier that you can save a mutation if you wanted to.

We haven't yet figured out how to become omnivores yet, although I think Noctis might be partway there as he can better extract DNA from smaller cells and cell parts. And I've been trying to eat a bit of algae for several turns now but keep getting interrupted or there isn't any algae.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 02:46:36 pm by smjjames »

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 14, 2010, 04:34:14 pm »

Since there is a good chance for this to work out well, there should be alot of DNA for the herbivores to pick up, and Knight85 said earlier that you can save a mutation if you wanted to.

We haven't yet figured out how to become omnivores yet, although I think Noctis might be partway there as he can better extract DNA from smaller cells and cell parts. And I've been trying to eat a bit of algae for several turns now but keep getting interrupted or there isn't any algae.

New rule!!!
You can now divert your DNA and/or food earnings for a turn to another creature of your choice. This choice must be made with your orders before the turn and is not reverse-able once you see the turn results.  *exception to rule* You can only donate food to a cell of your "type" if you know what I mean :)

Rule mechanism half discovered:  Carnivore cells can heal themselves.. but you might not want to do it in battle ;)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 04:42:56 pm by Knight85 »

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
Re: An Evolutionary RTD (Turn 14)
« Reply #304 on: May 14, 2010, 11:34:28 pm »

i am badly under fed :( i really need that absorption beam
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • Has withdrawn from society.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 15, 2010, 02:53:46 am »

Then...
0.GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY to evade the first attack wave
1.Channel foods to maxicaxi(up to 2).
2.Collarborate with others on distracting the creatures, heal the most wounded creature at the end of the turn.
3.Eat anything edible I happened to ram into on the way.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 15, 2010, 08:13:29 am »

Wheres Frelock at? I'm having good feelings for this turn and want to get it moving :)

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 15, 2010, 09:16:00 am »

Yep waiting on Frelock.

Oh and Noctis, if you give up your food gains for a turn its all or nothing. Just so you know.

Also only a carnivore can divert its food gains to another carnivore, you cant give up existing food, you're just forfeiting your share of the grub for a turn.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 15, 2010, 09:22:09 am »

Maybe put Frelock on AI? He hasn't posted in a few days, but up to you.

Considering that there is a good chance that maxicaxi will roll an overshoot and the worst possible attack roll he can do for this turn is a 3, so I have a good feeling here.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 09:24:12 am by smjjames »

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 15, 2010, 11:02:18 am »

Ill do it a little bit later today if I don't hear from him.

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • Has withdrawn from society.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 15, 2010, 11:20:31 am »

Yep waiting on Frelock.

Oh and Noctis, if you give up your food gains for a turn its all or nothing. Just so you know.

Also only a carnivore can divert its food gains to another carnivore, you cant give up existing food, you're just forfeiting your share of the grub for a turn.
Hmm...then cancel that channel order.
I still have use for those foods...

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 16, 2010, 06:01:34 am »

an overshoot in this situation would probably get me on 10- food
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 16, 2010, 09:25:55 am »

an overshoot in this situation would probably get me on 10- food

I'm hoping that they will all be paralyzed, so it will be a feast for sure. Also I think its -1 food per use, not -1 per die roll or you would have a bigger deficit from before, so it would be 0/10 food since you have 1/10 atm.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 09:29:38 am by smjjames »

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 16, 2010, 06:47:39 pm »

Rolls are final numbers after modifiers.
The creatures wait back for Maxicaxi to fire off his blast. Unfortunately Paranatural jumps the gun looking for a dramatic distraction against the creatures and nearly gets skewered by three stingers. He is saved by the biggest blast maxicaxi has let off yet..

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: smjjames (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Paranatural (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NoctisVampire (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: maxicaxi (click to show/hide)

Current status coming soon.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 07:48:07 pm by Knight85 »

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 16, 2010, 07:54:52 pm »

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: smjjames (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Paranatural (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Noctisvampire (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: maxicaxi (click to show/hide)

Turn 15

3 of the creatures float stunned in the water, 1 is chasing Frelock but was injured by Toaster

1 was killed by smjjames and 1 is currently being held by him and not looking too likely to survive the tentacled worm with teeth..

and some sort of plant matter has floated your way +1 to grabbing plant food!
A tiny bit of salvage is available in the water at a -2 modifier.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24