Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24

Author Topic: An Evolutionary RTD (Turn 14)  (Read 23401 times)

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: An Evolutionary RTD (Turn 7)
« Reply #180 on: May 02, 2010, 06:56:23 pm »

The time will come when we will have to evolve defenses against each other, so, yea. Unless Knight85 changes the rule about there being only one to reach the surface. However, as Knight85 hinted earlier on the first few pages, killing each other off isn't neccesarily the only way to achieve that goal.

We still have a LONG ways to go as we aren't even multicellular yet, so I wouldn't worry about PvP combat yet.

Nm, I don't think Knight85 said anything about killing each other off in order to be the first on land, but who's to say we can't synchronize our evolutions in the final stages of going onto land, that way all 6 of us go onto land at the same time.

And who's to say I don't have some magical mechanism that comes into play when I finally kill one of you guys off.. Oops I said it. ;)   I never said you all would HAVE to kill each other off, I think I can manage to get the environment to do that to you eventually... hehehe

That said, if one of you gets big and bad, and decides to eat the rest, I'm not stopping you. :)    Its one of those classic, cooperation while looking over your shoulder kind of things.  You can probably trust the herbavores for now though, until they develop a taste for meat.. (And no, omnivore isn't as simple as asking for it, so don't bother hehe.)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 06:59:14 pm by Knight85 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 02, 2010, 08:01:14 pm »

Use the distraction (if nothing else, of the "bait" smjjames) to ram offside the one maxi isn't paralysing.

Don't you pick on my buddy like that!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 02, 2010, 10:01:27 pm »

put meon the waiting list, I keep forgeting to say that
What do you think? Yes? No?

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 02, 2010, 11:26:57 pm »

im not sure we have one since knight said only one of us will reach land alive
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 02, 2010, 11:34:53 pm »

im not sure we have one since knight said only one of us will reach land alive

There is a waiting list on the front page, but yea, I'm wondering myself how he has it planned out since theres already a couple of people on the waiting list and knight has hinted that there may be other options besides trying to eliminate everybody else.

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 02, 2010, 11:40:22 pm »

I make no guarantees about those on the waiting list. Its mainly there for people to replace dropouts.  If I see an opportunity to work someone else in, I might add some. But I plan on ending up with the same players I started with.  (Ooh its an vague hint!)

Also once a creature makes it on land, Ill be looking to start up a new game with the next stage (animal/pack stage)  players from this game, followed by waiting list people will get priority on joining that one.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 02, 2010, 11:45:21 pm »

Okay, cool.

Anyways, doing turn 8 tonight or tomorrow morning?

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 02, 2010, 11:45:56 pm »

Okay, cool.

Anyways, doing turn 8 tonight or tomorrow morning?

Morning, was just about to head to bed but caught this..

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 03, 2010, 02:01:37 am »

I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 03, 2010, 09:38:27 am »

Rolls are final numbers after modifiers.

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: smjjames (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Paranatural (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NoctisVampire (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: maxicaxi (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 09:40:18 am by Knight85 »

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 03, 2010, 09:56:37 am »

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: smjjames (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Paranatural (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Noctisvampire (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: maxicaxi (click to show/hide)

Turn 8

After the initial contact, the still active "Cell A" turns its attention towards Maxicaxi and attacks. The fact that he just let off a huge blast of light and is still glowing makes him a big target, but hey at least he isn't going after  smjjames, who is just floating lifeless after recieving part of the paralyzing blast.

Cell B is down for the count.. well at least for 3 turns.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 03, 2010, 09:58:21 am »

that showed them !! RUN SWIM AWAY
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 01:32:06 am by maxicaxi »

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 03, 2010, 10:04:50 am »

Even with a 5 I can't hurt it, I don't know how much help I can be here.

I guess I'll heal myself and try and distract the one going for Maxi. If it already gets distracted/disabled I start chowing down on any of the dna resulting from this fight.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 03, 2010, 10:11:38 am »

Ouch, at least the RNG didn't smite me with the tail.

I know I can't heal myself this turn, but just wondering if I can absorb one unit of my own food to heal myself?

Otherwise scream telepathically MEDIC!!!!! since I can basically do nothing this turn.

Edit: If its possible for me to heal myself even though paralyzed, then heal myself by absorbing one unit of food, or more if neccesary.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 11:01:13 am by smjjames »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 03, 2010, 11:18:29 am »

My bad!

RAMMING SPEED into Cell A.  Hope we can finish him off before B wakes back up.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24