Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24

Author Topic: An Evolutionary RTD (Turn 14)  (Read 23428 times)

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • Has withdrawn from society.
    • View Profile
Re: An Evolutionary RTD (Turn 5)
« Reply #105 on: April 28, 2010, 08:23:19 pm »

Hmm...time to grow bigger it seems...
Growth: Grow another bodypart same with the one previously(use all 2 HP through budding)on one side, essentially mitosis(but without splitting), it should also have flagella(on the same side as before, now hard-coded in DNA right?) to not impede movement, I want to have the beginning of multicellular lifeform :)
Action: Use distraction tactic on the larger cell with my slightly faster speed, while avoiding the mist trail and collecting algae and cell parts around the place.(Still pending for other's actions...)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 28, 2010, 08:59:29 pm »

Right- mutation time!

Mutation #1:  A flagella bundle designed for speed, focused more on bursts of speed.  It is a coil of smaller flagellae wound together that work together to provide bursts of speed.  It's on the rear of the body.

Mutation #2:  A silica "plate" at the front of the body.  This serves both as a ram when performing ramming attacks, and a protection from frontal attacks.  It's located slightly above the mouth part, approximately where a "forehead" would be.

Part 2 uses the special I picked up last turn.

Action:

If at least two other blobs are working to distract or attack the dangerous cell AND at least one mutation was successful, ram the dangerous cell right smack in its "face."
Failing that, if mutation #1 was successful, go after the little scavenger cell.
Failing that, eat whatever scraps are still around while avoiding that mist.

Noctis:  Half the others are ignoring big daddy for now- think we should hold off a turn?  I'll grow as soon as I get some food.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • Has withdrawn from society.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 28, 2010, 09:19:46 pm »

Maybe you are true...
Change action: Collect algaes and cell parts, possibly picking up something interesting along the way after growth while avoiding the mist trail, if the big one over there don't go aggressive. If it goes aggressive on us I will use distraction tactic(while still eating whatever happened to be in the way, and avoiding the mist trail).

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 29, 2010, 12:16:24 am »

eat some leftovers
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: An Evolutionary RTD (Turn 3)
« Reply #109 on: April 29, 2010, 08:21:45 am »

What else? you pulled off a pretty good distraction before :)  Also nothing says you cant eventually mount weapons and join battle yourself, even if you can't get food from it.

True, but I'm at 0 food and 0 DNA, now. I want to get something in me before I start helping the carnivores again.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 29, 2010, 08:23:06 am »

Toaster:

On the food, yeah you're right, I guess I forgot to add it.

As far as the roll, modifiers were taken into account, I kind of implied what they were with the description.  The cell fled from you at first (-1 attack), but then ran into smjjames and was held (+1 to your attack)  You rolled a 6, get a 6.  If he hadn't have held on, you would have just bounced off, doing no damage anyway.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 29, 2010, 08:32:38 am »

I think the carnivores should hold off on attacking till we're all mutated and everyone has eaten what we already tore apart. Actually between that and the fast, small one we might want to head off again and search for other prey. I can't see anyone wanting to be poisoned.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 29, 2010, 09:01:14 am »

Mutations and Growth:

smjjames

3+1  You develop a ring "teeth" around your "mouth" opening, you can use this to tear into opposing cells. 

6-1 You develop cillium around your entire cell, which increases your speed and ability to maneuver. +1 speeed

Paranatural

6+1 You develop cillium and can move faster (7 gives +2 to next roll) +1 speed
4+2-1 You develop a specialized cytostome, which allows you to better gather plant material (+1 to algae gathering)

Noctisvampire
You develop an additional appendage, it doesn't have much use right now but could attach an offensive weapon. You end up only using 1 HP on it as you can not go multicellular yet. The other HP goes to main body.

Toaster
3+1 You develop a tight bundle of small flagella, It doesn't increase top end speed that much, but allows a short burst of speed when closing in on a target.
+2 to attack bonus, no bonus to running away or chasing animal down, other cells can do that ;)

4-1 You develop a small pointed  hardened chitin plate, similar to the makeup of cell wall at the front of your now elongated cell, it allows you to ram enemy cells and prevents you from taking damage from some defensive weapons while ramming. It isn't big enough to provide much armor help though.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 09:06:22 am by Knight85 »

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 29, 2010, 09:05:53 am »

Well, that worked out well.

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 29, 2010, 09:15:53 am »

Status updated on front page,  are the orders floating around now everyone's final? Or any changes needed?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 29, 2010, 09:19:26 am »

Cool, it was a wise decision to put the mouth weapon first.

Turn 6 coming soon?

Also, I'll add avoid the poison cloud to my actions, although I think everybody who's played spore and those who are heeding my warning is going to do so.

I have a feeling that the big cell is an herbivore which killed a larger predator, although it could very well be a predator which may or may not be full and may or may not have any interest in us. So I'm taking no chances and keeping a wary eye (or eye spot, heh) on it.

Status updated on front page,  are the orders floating around now everyone's final? Or any changes needed?

Mine is final, I did add a slight bit above, but the essential orders are the same.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 29, 2010, 09:24:50 am »

I'll modify mine and post it here for convenience:

Eat Alge and DNA matter in the area, while avoiding the mist cloud thing.

If anything attacks us:

Confuse it by using my superior speed to circle it, and if it comes to it I can use my 'mouth' and size to defend myself.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 29, 2010, 09:39:01 am »

Moving mine over here for the convenience and the heck of it, and it may be a good idea to plan for a possible attack.

Gather as much food as possible (need that growth stage), all the while keeping an eye on the dangerous looking cell.

Ignore the little scavenger buzzing around.

If the bigger cell decides to attack or acts aggressively:

Dodge out of the way of any initial attacks. If its intent is to attack us rather than scare us, use my smaller size and greater maneuverability to my advantage to avoid the spike and the poison cloud and then latch onto it with the pseudopoda and bite away with the ring of 'teeth'.

Now its final :)

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 29, 2010, 10:30:06 am »

you forgot me  >:(
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 29, 2010, 10:32:51 am »

you forgot me  >:(

How so? That wasn't the turn, just the mutations and growth, which you will probably have both of next :)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24