Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Tags for embarking pets?  (Read 3127 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Tags for embarking pets?
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2010, 09:19:53 pm »

Go into your raws and find the file called descriptor_color_standard

They are all there.

Hygrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2010, 09:23:28 pm »

Thanks, now my fortress will be filled with multi-colored steel dwarves. :D Oh the laughs I will have reading descriptions.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2010, 09:27:29 pm »

Just remember when adding new colors, first use its proper name (This will always be in uppercase and have _ between the words), after every name have a number (This represents a common ratio, so higher numbers are more common) and finally ALWAYS separate everything with a :

Simple really.

Hygrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2010, 09:32:02 pm »

[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BROWN:1:BURNT_UMBER:1:CINNAMON:1:COPPER:1:DARK_BROWN:1:DARK_PEACH:1:DARK_TAN:1:ECRU:1:PALE_BROWN:1:PALE_CHESTNUT:1:PALE_PINK:1:PEACH:1:PINK:1:RAW_UMBER:1:SEPIA:1:TAN:1:TAUPE_PALE:1:TAUPE_SANDY:1]

So using the standard one as an example, changing the :1 after copper to :2 would make it twice as common as every other color?

Hygrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2010, 09:40:25 pm »

Could the caste system be used to set different colours/materials for the different castes?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2010, 09:43:24 pm »

Yes it could be!
By selecting a material and setting its colors while a specific caste is selected, you can change that caste to appear as any color you want.

The caste system is very powerful.  :)

Hygrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2010, 09:44:25 pm »

The caste system is amazing it seems. Even though this probably isn't the perfect thread to ask this in; how are attributes handled now exactly?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2010, 09:46:29 pm »

Well that is a rather broad question, and I would be here a while in order to answer it all.
So lets be more specific, do you mean in the way of assigning colors?

Hygrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2010, 09:47:11 pm »

I was meaning more along the lines of strength and such.

Ilmoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2010, 09:50:29 pm »

*facepalm*
Now I can't get the image of a dwarf trying to hit on a bronze colossus out of my head. Why must you do that to me!

Because it's Fun!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2010, 09:56:08 pm »

Ah, now we have something we can work with.

Take [PHYS_ATT_RANGE:STRENGTH: for example.
First notice the PHYS_ATT_RANGE tag. This is for physical stats. There is also a MENT_ATT_RANGE for mental stats.
Next comes STRENGTH. This is referring to the stat is question. These are hard coded, so you couldn't add your own. So far standard stuff, but next comes the interesting part.

After every attribute, there are 7 lots of numbers. Each number represents a creature could have. 0 is the minimum, and 5000 is the highest possible. Dwarven strength ranges from 450:950:1150:1250:1350:1550:2250 meaning that the weakest dwarf will have a stat of 450, and the strongest dwarf will be 5 times more at 2250.

All the numbers in between determine the average. So if the lowest number was 450 and the highest was 2250, but every number between them was lower then 500, then most of the race would be very weak, but there would be a one off that was very strong. A nice even range like we have here means that the dwarfs will have a evenly spread strength.

Hygrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2010, 10:41:50 pm »

Could I make it so there was one skin color that every one liked, but was very rare?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2010, 10:47:13 pm »

Yes you could. Lets say you have ten skin colors, and you want one of them to be rare. By setting the common ration on the other 9 to 10, rather then 1, there would be a 1 in 91 chance of the rare color showing up.

To make something less common, make everything else more common!

Hygrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2010, 10:48:19 pm »

Is there any way to change how much the dwarves would like said rare skin color?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7